fairing and exhaust
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fairing and exhaust

Default fairing and exhaust

I purchased a slip on exhaust from a member of vtxoa site. I finally got it installed this weekend. I was very impressed with it! I think its a D&D exhaust. its sound perfect! not to loud, good tone! just a nice soft low rumble. and I got my new fairing from reckless! I love it! kinda difficult to install. not sure how I'm gonna do it after I paint it yet with out scratching it. maybe a whole bunch of masking tape? I have it installed now so I can ride with it on to make sure theres no modifications I need to do before painting.

I know, this post is kinda pointless. I figured its the opposite of a rant. (what ever that is) I was just excited about it and had to tell somebody. (the wife just doesn't get it)
    03 VTX 1800c work in progress

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Hey congrats. I can relate to adding a faring and being really excited. I wanted a faring for over 2 years before I finally got one. Right now I am excited cause I got a great deal for a set of Harley Road King leather saddle bags. The 1st thing I had to do was switch out my exhaust set up cause I had OEM pipes and they interfered with the bags. The exhaust is done. Now I need to have the mounting brackets made. I am so pumped.

Good luck with everything and ride safe.

Daryl

2003 1800C

Ijust ordered a batwing faring never road with one yet hope I like it bikes all torn apart painting it waiting for fairing to come Iknow what you mean by the wife just dosnt understand.Well good luck on your mods.
    2003 1800C Purple

Heck yeah!! There's not much like the feeling of "I'm happy with my purchase AND install!!" Enjoy it!

03 1800C Project: Cobra Shorts and a Woody's

thanks! I got everything all fitted. now I have to tear it all apart to paint it. I might have to wait a bit for the paint. (I just want to ride a while first). I have leather lyke saddle bags on it now. I'm probably going to sell those and buy something I can paint to match the bike. then I'll tear it all apart and paint it all at once. bad part is now I keep thinking of all the other stuff I want to buy. it never ends! oh well. could be worse things to be spending money on. GOOD LUCK everybody, ride safe.
    03 VTX 1800c work in progress

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.