They need to get it together
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: They need to get it together

Default They need to get it together

I don't typically rag on anything but today it got to me. I ordered a part from HDL last Monday and got an email confirmation about the order. My credit card was charged. That was the last of the communications. Today I call and the part is back ordered with the expectation 2-3 weeks out. Sure, I know, it happens.

Why not another email telling me so? Why'd they charge my credit card before even having the part?

I remember Hal charging the card only after the part was shipped, never before.

It's hard to stay an HDL supporter when the service level sucks. Please get it together.

2003 1800 C-TRO
    2013 Harley Road King
    USAF 1971-75 Vietnam Era Veteran.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Battery came today.
    Clutch due here on 4/5
    Heard the clutches were on BO for a bit.
    Batteries are heavy and I prefer to blame UPS.
    DLP keeps my business.
    Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. Now have H4 HID & LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Default Yes Sir

Quote Originally Posted by NDAna View Post
    Battery came today.
    Clutch due here on 4/5
    Heard the clutches were on BO for a bit.
    Batteries are heavy and I prefer to blame UPS.
    DLP keeps my business.
    was your batt a yuasa and ifya dont mind what did ya have to pay for it delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by mike n View Post
    was your batt a yuasa and ifya dont mind what did ya have to pay for it delivered?
    ordered it with a clutch kit so no shipping or handling. 77.50
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...TX20HLBS-77-49
    Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, HID, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. Now have H4 HID & LED headlights available NDs.HIDs@gmail.com "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Ithaca VTX View Post
    I don't typically rag on anything but today it got to me. I ordered a part from HDL last Monday and got an email confirmation about the order. My credit card was charged. That was the last of the communications. Today I call and the part is back ordered with the expectation 2-3 weeks out. Sure, I know, it happens.

Why not another email telling me so? Why'd they charge my credit card before even having the part?

It's hard to stay an HDL supporter when the service level sucks. Please get it together.

They never will.....but we all keep buying from them and justify the poor service......

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Ithaca VTX View Post

I recently had issues myslef but wasn't going to post anything here thinking that it would ruffle feathers with them being the site sponser and all...

Placed an order for a Mustang fender bid on March 9th. Account was charged almost instantly, and got an e-mail confirming the order. Ten days went by and no e-mail saying anything about shipment. So I called ( it was a monday ) and was told that the bib just arrived in thier warehouse a few minutes earlier and was promised that it would ship before COB that day. Two more days went by and still nothing, no e-mail, no bib. Called again and talked to someone different. Was told the EXACT SAME STORY... " well, it just arrived in the warehouse and the manager promises it will ship today." So I told the guy, "really? Thats what I was told two days ago!" He replies, "well, it sounds like the other guy just lied to you to get you off the phone cause it just showed up". So I asked him " So how do I know your not just lying to me to get me off the phone again?" and I was promptly hung up on. The bib finally arrived on the 27th... Made my mind up after the second phone call that I would never order from them again.

went down on the bike, ordered the parts 7 days ago got no confirmation nothing - called they said sorry about the confirmation - asked about time for delivery said 3-5 days - still waiting - last part I ordered took 4 weeks to get - found the part else where in two days - we are stuck - Honda Dealer here is totally helpless I had to show them how to look up the parts and they had no Idea what to do. No wonder HD has better followers.
    If they can't catch me, They can't hit me!
    Offense best Defense, since 1963
    EX V65 rider-83 to 93.
    This is my first V-Twin, I got it right the first time.

Got my new battery -oil filters and some other small parts right away.
    2003 c cobra floorboards-memphis windshield-roadhouse shorty

Default My official test....

I ordered my first part from DLP today. It was a Kuryakyn triple whammy. They weren't the best price but they were close so I thought I would patronize them with my business because they sponsor this site. Let's see how they do.

I've ordered tires and other odds & ends, never a problem.

Rick

"There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

“Political language… is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” George Orwell

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 112,000 Miles

Thier e-mail communications sucks....whoever overseas that should be canned.....but I do always get the stuff withen a week. I have e-mailed them 3 times for prices on +4" Barnett Cables....no reply yet...if ya gonna do bizzzz on the net you gotta DO BIZZZ on the net...
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

Got my thunder hurricane air kit from them, smooth easy transaction. Not to mention price was better than anyone elses. Even came with the adaptor for the carb. I would recommend them
    220mm Tire Polished and Blacked out engine CP Punisher internally wired bars / Avon grips Accutronix forward controls Metric bagger rear section Long Boy front fender Arnott air ride Stretched seamless tank / Matt Hotch pop up gas cap/ FSD exhaust/ Thunder Manufacturing intake Sterling Magnum chromite cables and brake lines My Build Page: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-1300C-build http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?341134-Bags

Ordered a rear tire, tube and license bracket. Order confirmation and shipment tracking was spot on the mark. Everything arrived in a very reasonable time period. License bracket came in black, not chrome as ordered. One quick phone call corrected the problem. Never had any problems with DLP. Good bunch of folks.

Thumbs up

I've bought a lot from DLP because they support the site and usually takes a week or two for stuff to show up. If you want hands down the best service, try Dennis Kirk, they are wicked fast on delivery and website tells you how many are in stock or not. Two years ago I placed an online Dennis Kirk order for memphis mounting clamps at about 6am in the morning, when I got home from work THAT DAY they were at my door, I nearly sheet my pants. Everything else I bought from them since arrived the next day, those guys are fast.

But hands down, the best buying service ever is if you're buying a fairing, then Glenn at Woodys provides the best buying experience of your life.

1998 Shadow ACE - Finished rebuild/update Dec '12
    2004 VTX 1800C, Woody fairing w/9" shield, Tsukayu hard bags, Kenwood KDC-X496, Polk DXi 525, Progressive fork springs, ME880, custom lowers, Rivco risers.

Default Barnett Clutch Springs

Ordered Barnett Clutch Spring set on 3/21. Never got an email about when they had shipped, tracking number. Called them this morning, and was told they should be delivered to me today. Guess what? They were delivered to me today. Would be nice to get an email letting me know when they shipped, and a tracking number like almost all other internet vendors do. Shouldn't be that tough.

Same experience as OP, email about conformarion of order. Status was pending for a week according to their web site. Called and "oh yeah, those are on back order and coming from a different warehouse."

Never again. This was the second time that this exact situation has happend to me and orders were 5 years apart so apparently nothing has changed. I understand you have limited space and funds and can't stock everything. You're an online business, get you crap together!!!! Send a flippin email! Some one needs a serious reeming or just ***** canned and start from scratch.

Someone mentioned Dennis Kirk and I agree 100%. There's lots of other players online.
    USN 1996-2000 STS3/SS

Quote Originally Posted by mike n View Post
    DLP Price 76.95 'Subject to UPS hazardous material rule-extra cost involved. Call 888-258-6699 ' ???
    http://www.directlineparts.com/produ...pid=501&str=12

DLP Amazon Store Price 71.44 (Free Shipping)
    http://www.amazon.com/YUASA-YTX14-BS...3491163&sr=8-1

Just got mine for my 04 1300-C Ordered from their Amazon store. Obviously they won't discount their own price, but if you call, they will give their Amazon deal.
    I know what I know - If you know what I mean.

Thumbs up Dennis Kirk still the best service

Quote Originally Posted by gregvan View Post
    I've bought a lot from DLP because they support the site and usually takes a week or two for stuff to show up. If you want hands down the best service, try Dennis Kirk, they are wicked fast on delivery and website tells you how many are in stock or not. Two years ago I placed an online Dennis Kirk order for memphis mounting clamps at about 6am in the morning, when I got home from work THAT DAY they were at my door, I nearly sheet my pants. Everything else I bought from them since arrived the next day, those guys are fast.

But hands down, the best buying service ever is if you're buying a fairing, then Glenn at Woodys provides the best buying experience of your life.

Dennis Kirk
    Always get it next day(living in Minnesota helps with that), returns are no fuss and great prices too.
    Rehinhart staggered exhaust, FI2000 K&N air filter, Pair valves dimpled block off plates, secondary air system gone, Skyper Air box Mod , Progressive fork springs, Progressive 412 rear shocks, Pass floor boards, MS windshields & Batwing,Heated seat & bar's.

Last Guys Don't Finish Nice.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.