Cobra Engine Guard and Kury Highway Pegs
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cobra Engine Guard and Kury Highway Pegs

Default Cobra Engine Guard and Kury Highway Pegs

I have been searching the forum for the past 30 minutes and can't find what I'm looking for. Are there any recommended "starting points" to installing Highway Pegs on Engine Guards? Something like 2ft off the ground and then take a few rides and adjust accordingly. I know everyone is dfferent in height and riding style. But getting a base starting point where the Pegs won't drag would be nice...

Thoughts???
    '04 VTX 1300C - Pair Valve Mod, Memphis Windshield, Corba Fatties, GPS Mount, River Road Saddlebags, Mean City Seat (dble foam), Sena SMH10 intercom, GoPro with too many accessories...

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I would think the guards would drag before the pegs! lol It is a matter of preference really some like em high, some low...some close, some stretched out. I personally like to stretch out a bit when I ride and have them in a manner that I can relax my leg muscles and not feel like my feet will fall off the pegs. I used to have Kury offset dually pegs on my ace, and the adjustability was really nice!!

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/402...t-Highway-Pegs

What's the most dangerous part on a motorcycle?
    The nut that connects the seat to the handlebar

What he said.

2002 1800S Illusion Blue

Gents,
    I did purchase the offset ones so I feel really good about my adjustments. Just did not want to scratch/mark up the Cobra's with the clamp by placing the Pegs too low or high that the offsets could not give me a good fit. Or that I placed them too low and that they would hit before the Cobra's. I guess I'm over thinking this one...

Thanks for the quick notes. Ride safe...
    '04 VTX 1300C - Pair Valve Mod, Memphis Windshield, Corba Fatties, GPS Mount, River Road Saddlebags, Mean City Seat (dble foam), Sena SMH10 intercom, GoPro with too many accessories...

Quote Originally Posted by stevejd235 View Post
    Gents,
    I did purchase the offset ones so I feel really good about my adjustments. Just did not want to scratch/mark up the Cobra's with the clamp by placing the Pegs too low or high that the offsets could not give me a good fit. Or that I placed them too low and that they would hit before the Cobra's. I guess I'm over thinking this one...

Thanks for the quick notes. Ride safe...
    I wouldn't worry about scratching the engine guard. I've had a peg clamp get spun almost 180 degrees and it didn't scratch it.
    '04 1800 B - Custom paint by Rhino Linings of South St. Paul.
    Road Captain - Red Knights MC, MN 4 --- LTOD!

Birdie,
    Happy to hear the clamp won't do too much (if any...) damage to the Guards....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.