Honda VTX Forum banner

New VTX Owner

2K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  MR VTX 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've lurked here a little bit before as I've had my eye on the VTX's for a while now. I had been riding a 2000 Shadow Spirit 1100 for a few years, and a little over a year ago I found a nice VTX 1800C for sale on a local dealerships web site --went there with the Shadow and title in hand to see about trading it in, but they had sold the VTX before I got there. Anyway, I just totaled the Shadow about 2 weeks ago (I'm ok, just some road rash that's healing up well) and bought a 2005 VTX 1300C today. I really like the bike so far; a little rougher on bumps than the Shadow was, otherwise very nice ...and I've got to watch my speed, there were a few times I looked down at the speedometer and thought "holy crap I didn't realize I was going that fast."

#10 ·
Welcome! This is the best site for VTX info out there. When you looked at your speedo and were surprised at how fast you were going, keep in mind that the speedos usually read 8-10 percent higher than actual, so you probably weren't going quite as fast as you thought.

#11 ·
Welcome to the board. I predict you'll like the 1300 just fine. And spend a lot of money on chrome and Xccessories :lol:

Oh, and once you get up over 5 posts, we do expect to see pics! 8)

Kick your shoes off and stay awhile.

[HR][/HR]
'05 1800 R/S/N
Proud CRAP Member #057
-

#14 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes. I tried to post a picture via the attachments manager, but it doesn't seem to want to upload. Also, I can't seem to be able to use the Enter button to start a new line in these text boxes?
You have to get to 5 posts before you're allowed to post pics. And I've had that problem with trying to press "Enter" to start a new line. It seems to only happen from time to time in IE. Firefox works fine all the time for me. It's happening right now...and I'm in IE 11. :mad:

#19 ·
Hi all, I've lurked here a little bit before as I've had my eye on the VTX's for a while now. I had been riding a 2000 Shadow Spirit 1100 for a few years, and a little over a year ago I found a nice VTX 1800C for sale on a local dealerships web site --went there with the Shadow and title in hand to see about trading it in, but they had sold the VTX before I got there. Anyway, I just totaled the Shadow about 2 weeks ago (I'm ok, just some road rash that's healing up well) and bought a 2005 VTX 1300C today. I really like the bike so far; a little rougher on bumps than the Shadow was, otherwise very nice ...and I've got to watch my speed, there were a few times I looked down at the speedometer and thought "holy crap I didn't realize I was going that fast."
Welcome aboard. I made the same transition (Shadow to VTX) though mine is a 2007 1800T. Same speed issue. The first time I was heading down the highway and looked down, I was doing 85. They are really smooth. You'll need to lean a little harder into the curves (to get the bike started), but you are going to love the bike. I just removed my pipes and sent them to VTX-Exhaust, and am chomping at the bits to get them back, and back on the bike.....

#22 ·
Welcome from N.E. Wisconsin. Right next to Green Bay. You will like it here. Lots of good people with a lot of knowledge.

#23 ·
Welcome to us both!

Welcome to the forum to you, and I'll welcome myself as well. I can tell I'll be using the knowledgeable minds on here a bunch.
Just got an '04 1300/C and absolutely love it. First cruiser, but been on two wheel since I was knee high to a grasshopper. :mrgreen:

#24 ·
Thanks again all, and welcome to the cruiser life GuinessKJ! What have you been riding until now? I grew up riding dirtbikes, but as far as the street goes I've only owned cruisers.
It hasn't even been a full week yet, but I'm loving my VTX. Everytime I leave a stoplight I think "Man that sounds good!" ...Only one problem though, when I had my old Shadow with a ton of miles on it and some cosmetic blemishes, I commuted almost daily year-round (except when there was snow or ice on the ground), but my VTX is too clean and shiny, I don't even want to ride it in the rain let alone when there's salt on the roads, lol.
This should be post #5, so let me try loading the picture:
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#25 ·
Thanks again all, and welcome to the cruiser life GuinessKJ! What have you been riding until now? I grew up riding dirtbikes, but as far as the street goes I've only owned cruisers.
It hasn't even been a full week yet, but I'm loving my VTX. Everytime I leave a stoplight I think "Man that sounds good!" ...Only one problem though, when I had my old Shadow with a ton of miles on it and some cosmetic blemishes, I commuted almost daily year-round (except when there was snow or ice on the ground), but my VTX is too clean and shiny, I don't even want to ride it in the rain let alone when there's salt on the roads, lol.
This should be post #5, so let me try loading the picture:
View attachment 53756
Beautiful bike and welcome to VTX. Trust me after the newness wears off you will be ridding her like the old bike. Then you will discover she cleans up really well.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.