Meet and Greet. Mt Cheaha May 5th 11am
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet and Greet. Mt Cheaha May 5th 11am

Thumbs up Meet and Greet. Mt Cheaha HAS BEEN MOVED TO May 19th 11am

The Spring Alabama VTX Riders Meet and Greet will be held May 19th for 11 am at the Mt Cheaha State Park. For those that have attended in the past you know the drill. 11am is kind of an arbitrary time. Just get there as close to that time as possible for lunch. For those that have not attended in the past this should not be missed. It's alot of fun and provides an opprotunity to put faces on the names that you see here so often. The State Park at Cheaha has a beautiful facility atop Mt Cheaha and the restaurant there serves a buffet lunch.
    This of course will also include members of the VTXCafe and I'm sure some of you belong to both forums. We'll gather there and have lunch together as close to noon as possible and then congregate up at the top of the mountain for pictures and fellowship. After that who knows? It's usually kind of open so riding suggestions for the afternoon are welcome.
    This is not limited to Alabama riders, all are welcome and all makes of bikes are welcome as well. So invite your riding buddies to tag along.
    Hope to see all my old friends there and make some new one's too.

http://g.co/maps/kx2dz

All those planning on attending please chime in on this thread. If there's a chance you'll be 2 up or bringing friends let me know that too. This is not written in stone just need to get an idea so I can forwarn the restaurant. I will not be reserving a room or making reservations for the group but I will give them a heads up about how many might be coming so we dont overwhelm them.
    Thanks

Last edited by hawkvtx; 04-12-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Rode the Dragon without the benefit of a car tire and lived to tell about it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Post this on the tenn board I bet we can get a few to ride
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

Good idea. Does anyone know how to copy and paste in the forums??

hey hawk count on us to be there we had a great turn out last year so lets do it ...........jduck

jduck / bama smuggler
    iron butt assco member sine 2011
    06 vtx 1300R

Hawk,

You asked me to come out there on a ride last fall I think it was and I couldn't make it. I'll try to make it to this one, though. It looks like about a 120 mile trip for me coming from Ooltewah. Is the campground decent? I might stay there. Thanks for the post and I hope to meet some folks.
    Last edited by Titanium-X; 04-05-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium-X View Post
    Hawk,

You asked me to come out there on a ride last fall I think it was and I couldn't make it. I'll try to make it to this one, though. It looks like about a 120 mile trip for me coming from Ooltewah. Is the campground decent? I might stay there. Thanks for the post and I hope to meet some folks.
    On the map link in the thread there's a link for the park with information about campsites, cabins and hotel rooms at the park. Also if you do decide to come down I can meet you in Ft Payne and you can ride down with me. That goes for anyone coming in from the Chattanooga/NE Georgia area.

the campgrounds are nice , i have stay there before the sites have water power and a bath house. we could turn it in to and over night thing

jduck / bama smuggler
    06 vtx 1300R

I'm IN!
    I need as many excuses to ride as I can give the wife.
    2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

I just talked to the resort They are booked up . Just a curious question is Race weekend locked in stone seems like a few problems , Either way the tenn boys are comin
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

[QUOTE=battoo;3487870]I just talked to the resort They are booked up . Just a curious question is Race weekend locked in stone seems like a few problems , Either way the tenn boys are comin[/QUOTE

If ya'll are having trouble getting rooms are camping sites near Cheaha then you might want to consider booking in either Scottsboro or Ft Payne then riding down with me that morning.
    Just a thought.

Hawk The current plan is to leave tenn area @5 am ride south to spend the day with you guys then ride to Gadsden to spend the nite then a easy ride home Sunday , I was just thinkin the weekend is preetty stuffed it would be great if wde could make it an overnite @ the State park
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

[QUOTE=hawkvtx;3487932][QUOTE=battoo;3487870]I just talked to the resort They are booked up . Just a curious question is Race weekend locked in stone seems like a few problems , Either way the tenn boys are comin[/QUOTE

If ya'll are having trouble getting rooms are camping sites near Cheaha then you might want to consider booking in either Scottsboro or Ft Payne then riding down with me that morning.
    Just a thought.[/QUOTE

i live with in 25 miles from the race way and it is all way a mad house at this time . hawk is there any way to move it to the weekend after the race ???
    can we take a poll from the two vtx site to see if it would work ?

jduck / bama smuggler
    06 vtx 1300R

For my.02 I would love that idea then we could possibly make it an overnite at the park they said they have cabins and such I think that would be great
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

[QUOTE=JDUCK;3488281][QUOTE=hawkvtx;3487932]
    Quote Originally Posted by battoo View Post
    I just talked to the resort They are booked up . Just a curious question is Race weekend locked in stone seems like a few problems , Either way the tenn boys are comin[/QUOTE

Just a thought.[/QUOTE

i live with in 25 miles from the race way and it is all way a mad house at this time . hawk is there any way to move it to the weekend after the race ???
    can we take a poll from the two vtx site to see if it would work ?
    It's ok with me however I have to work the following weekend. So I wouldn't be available until the weekend of the 19th. Either is fine with me.

The 19 looks great I vote for a stay at the resort, let me know as soon as u can so wew can change things
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

Quote Originally Posted by battoo View Post
    The 19 looks great I vote for a stay at the resort, let me know as soon as u can so wew can change things
    If you're sure it's ok with the rest of your group I'll see what's going on over at the Cafe. It makes no difference to me. Just trying to get the best day and time for the most people.

It is All good on our end , Thanks
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

works for us

jduck / bama smuggler
    06 vtx 1300R

Took a quick little survey over at the Cafe and everyone there agrees. Stay as far away from Talladega as possible during race week. So the 19th it is. Be sure to pass this along in the other state forums GA,TN, MS and to anyone you've talked to about this. Would'nt want anyone to make the trip all the way down there and find no one else there. I'll make the neccessary changes here and over at the Cafe as well.
    Thanks for everyones input.

Great news
    BATTOO
    Mid South board #3

well dam i will be in gatlinburg that week riding the 469 miles of the blue ridge pwy so have a good time ride safe and take lots of pic ................jduck

jduck / bama smuggler
    06 vtx 1300R

This is just a bump for this. I know there are several Bama folks here that I havent heard from yet. Don't miss this because it's really a lot of fun.

After getting stoked about this, I had found out that I had a wedding to go to on the original date. This new date's looking better for me to make it. I could either MC camp in the park or get a room. What are most folks doing?
    Last edited by Titanium-X; 04-18-2012 at 08:54 AM.

Actually if you're just coming from Chattanooga it's really just a day ride. Unless you just wanna get outta the house for a night.

Over on the TN forum, Battoo from Memphis area has some rooms blocked at the Jamison Inn in Oxford. I'm going to take one of those. I just hope some stupid crap doesn't come up and ruin this for me. I would like to meet you in Scottsboro and ride down. I know where the McDonald's is.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium-X View Post
    Over on the TN forum, Battoo from Memphis area has some rooms blocked at the Jamison Inn in Oxford. I'm going to take one of those. I just hope some stupid crap doesn't come up and ruin this for me. I would like to meet you in Scottsboro and ride down. I know where the McDonald's is.
    Absolutely ride down with me. I'll get with you when we get a little closer to ride day and arrange the meet up.
    There may be some others from your area coming too.

Just talked to my friend Dennis http://www.motorcycle-maps.us/ on Facebook and I think he is gonna be there with us on the 19th.

He's a member here and rides an orange 1800.
    Some of you may know him.
    He is promoting riding like few others do.
    It'll give you a chance to meet a great guy if you show up.
    2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

I am going to ask a guy who lives in Ft. Payne and rides a 2006 VTX 1300R to come out. I don't know if he'll be able to yet, but if he is I need help convincing him to join VTXOA.

We need to get hawk to update the title to read the 19th.
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

For some reason, I've tried changing the title on my threads and it doesn't change when viewed on the forum--only in the post.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.