Route to Leesburg
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Route to Leesburg

Default Route to Leesburg

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could chime in on how route 33 is from Polk City up to Leesburg?

We rode up to Leesburg in November to pick up the bike (yes, I crossed over) and came up 27 all the way. I was not particularly thrilled with all the construction and traffic on 27 North of I-4. So, I was thinking that taking 17 up to Bartow, 98/700 up to 659, and then 659 to 33 for the rest of the way.

Good idea or bad idea?

Thanks as always!

Bullet
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN '05 Silver VTX 1300 Retro, Metz ME880s, V&H Big Shots, K&N Filters, Pair Valve and Scars Mods, Glen's A/F permanent screw and clutch modifications, Amsoil, Memphis Shades, Rivco light bar, Rivco passenger boards and extensions, Bates Hard Bags with LED tail/brake lights, ISO grips with throttle boss, JCW lighted Eagle, Front and Rear fender trim, and a lot of chromed this and that!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I don't know about 659 but 33 is good to Groveland. I do in in an 18 wheeler. Are you looking for speed or the view.

How are you coming out of Fort Myers I would take 80 to 31 to 70 to 17.
    Last edited by cruiser7734; 04-05-2012 at 08:06 PM.

Your route up is the same as mine.

I'm looking for more view than speed but mainly less construction and congestion. 27 was just a mess in November and I doubt if it's improved much.

Thanks for the feedback!!!
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN '05 Silver VTX 1300 Retro, Metz ME880s, V&H Big Shots, K&N Filters, Pair Valve and Scars Mods, Glen's A/F permanent screw and clutch modifications, Amsoil, Memphis Shades, Rivco light bar, Rivco passenger boards and extensions, Bates Hard Bags with LED tail/brake lights, ISO grips with throttle boss, JCW lighted Eagle, Front and Rear fender trim, and a lot of chromed this and that!

I hate 33, people think its the autobahn. Especially the semi's..
    2007 1300R Titanium, de-badged, Coyote gas cap hinge, National Cycle highway bars, progressive 412, loud ass Stebel horn, Batwing, Harley Aux Lights, Rivco solo rack and some Pony paint..

Quote Originally Posted by arebee View Post
    I hate 33, people think its the autobahn. Especially the semi's..
    The speed limit is 60 most of the way

Honestly, I could not tell you how I go. I pic a direction an go, I have been know to get some what lost. . It takes me longer because I take all the back roads. We stop at some point for breakfast. We leave at 6am Friday. And at some point around noon we will stop for lunch and a beer. I don't get their till around 2. We stay Fri. and Sat and come back Sun. morning. I can't check in till 1 or two, so we just take out time and enjoy the ride. If I was going for the day, and I don't any more, I would be on the highway at speed. Smitt
    Lot's of time and money. I trust no one's wrench, but my own. Avon Monster Club, Black Out Club, Mat Black Fastest Color....Pay it forward .

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.Cableguy View Post
    Honestly, I could not tell you how I go. I pic a direction an go, I have been know to get some what lost. .

I seem to remember that after the last tech. session but it worked fine

I have to admit, one thing I'm really good at is getting lost. To and from Kevin's houes, Smitt
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser7734 View Post
    I seem to remember that after the last tech. session but it worked fine
    Lot's of time and money. I trust no one's wrench, but my own. Avon Monster Club, Black Out Club, Mat Black Fastest Color....Pay it forward .

We are getting so close. I'm looking forward so much to getting out of Pinellas county, 5 days off and just a well needed ride. Nine more day's, is it me or is it dragging like my pegs on a hard turn, Smitt

Quote Originally Posted by Fla.Cableguy View Post
    We are getting so close. I'm looking forward so much to getting out of Pinellas county, 5 days off and just a well needed ride. Nine more day's, is it me or is it dragging like my pegs on a hard turn, Smitt

No, not just you. I'm chompin at the bit to get outta dodge, and get me a taste of some central Fl. roads-
    03 Black 1800C - For Sale
    08 Orange 1800N
    12 FLHTCU Harley Ember Red Sunglow Ultra Classic-

Cool Pop & Wolf1 were my friends- RIP Bro's

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.