This Coming Weekend
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This Coming Weekend

Cool This Coming Weekend

Got home late last night after 12 days on the road. Would REALLY like to do some riding. Are there any plans for this coming weekend (4/14-15)? If not, would anybody like to join me? I'm not particular about where we go, I'd just like to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I think Carl is the Grand Marshal for this event.

Great to have ya back LCR! The annual Grits Festival in St. George this Sat, what do you say?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SCteach View Post

Great to have ya back LCR! The annual Grits Festival in St. George this Sat, what do you say?
    Sounds good to me. Being f/ the north, I don't know much about grits, but I have yet to find any food that didn't go well w/ beer. When/where would you like to meet?

The grits festival is basically a carnival with grits being the theme. They have typical carnival food if you're not into grits. It's just a good time to walk through the crowd and gawk.

They are planning something at work so I'm going to have to wait and see how my weekends develop. They might end up being during the week.

Remember, it's the ride
    2006 VTX 1300C

I will be working but do enjoy some grits and beer.

My fellow Green Knight's are heading up to the grits festival on Sunday at 1130. Does that work for you Dave and Jim?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.

How about we meet at the K-Mart on Rivers with KSU at 1115 for the ride to the grits festival. Sound good to all?
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Cool

How about we meet at the K-Mart on Rivers with KSU at 1115 for the ride to the grits festival. Sound good to all?
    I know it's early yet but the weather looks better for Saturday than Sunday. That said, I'm fine w/ Sunday as long as it's not raining. 1115 @ K-Mart woks just fine.

My fellow Green Knight's are heading up to the grits festival on Sunday at 1130. Does that work for you Dave and Jim?
    Yes, I'm still alive . Just a little busy.

Right now, Sunday looks good for me. I"ll know more later in the week.
    2006 VTX 1300C

Quote Originally Posted by Speargun41 View Post
    Yes, I'm still alive . Just a little busy.

Right now, Sunday looks good for me. I"ll know more later in the week.

Ok how many made the ride and how was it?

Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    Had a great ride with good weather and great friends. Had 12 bikes and 14 people show. It was fun watching the folks jump in the grits pool, winner had 33lbs of grits stuck to him. Got a little splashed on me, not an event that you want to be in the first row. They had some good carny style food as well there. Jim and I weren't ready to give up a days ride so we went on to Folly Beach to wet our whistles and eat some pizza. All in all a great time. Jim got some pics so maybe he will post later.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by noangel2112 View Post
    It was a great day for riding. As Ray mentioned we had a good turn out with 12 bikes. 100_2938.jpg100_2948.jpg100_2951.jpg

The band at the festival was jammin and I even caught a glimpse of ol'e LCR tappin his feet to the beat. After we split up at the gas station Ray and I decided to have a little more fun so we took the long way to Folly Beach and hung out for awhile. All in all, a good day for sure.
    Last edited by Speargun41; 04-15-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    2006 VTX 1300C

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.