Good JAX wrench ?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good JAX wrench ?

Default Good JAX wrench ?

I'm looking for good general mechanic in JAX area (Mandarin/Orange Park) to do normal maintenance - oil changes, tires (going dark side soon), and minor mods.

Any help is really appreciated !

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I use a guy here in Orange Park, the last time he charged $35.00 an hour. His name is Dan Baker, here is his number 904-672-6911. Besure and call first to make sure he is there, he moved just last week. He is now located on Blanding Blvd and Brannon Filed across from the Sheriff Substation.
    Max

Retired US Navy, 2011 Victory Vision Tour, Crimson Red, XM Radio, Utopia Back Rest, Fairing Lowers, Electric Windshield, LED accent Lights, Dyna Beads, Bushtec Trailer and Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderduck View Post
    I use a guy here in Orange Park, the last time he charged $35.00 an hour. His name is Dan Baker, here is his number 904-672-6911. Besure and call first to make sure he is there, he moved just last week. He is now located on Blanding Blvd and Brannon Filed across from the Sheriff Substation.
    Max does he actually have a "store" or just repair? I know that place. It's been so many things in the last couple years. Hope he stays there and does well. I know I'm going to need help with my spoked rims when it's time to remove the rust and polish/respoke and balance them.

David

He just moved there, the Home Owners in Magnolia Point won't let him work out of the house anymore.
    Max

Retired US Navy, 2011 Victory Vision Tour, Crimson Red, XM Radio, Utopia Back Rest, Fairing Lowers, Electric Windshield, LED accent Lights, Dyna Beads, Bushtec Trailer and Hitch

Dan just worked on my bike yesterday. Great to deal with! Very professional and thorough. And I figure he saved me at least $100 to $150. He did a Mobil1 synthetic oil change, plugs, bled and filled my rear brake line, cleaned and oiled my K&N filter, and gave my bike a good once over....for about $150!!!

And just so you know...with the move to his own shop, his rates are $40 an hour. Still can't beat that!

Veteran Enforcers Motorcycle Association (VEMA)
    06 VTX 1300C - RIP - totaled - 12/24/12
    06 VTX 1800N2

Has anyone had there antifreeze changed in there bike yet? and will this guy do this too? Thanks

06 VTX 1800CS3 Gone
    06 H-D FXDLI Gone
    10 H-D FLSTF

He'll do it all. Great to deal with.

06 VTX 1800N2

Just wanted to add my praises to Dan Baker. The guy really knows his stuff and is awesome to deal with and isn't going to be ripping anyone off. He did some work for me, but I was doing some myself and got stumped. I called Dan and he was happy to answer my questions for me. I'll be returning whenever I need anything done

Default Another Jax Wrench

I've already sang Dan Baker's praises and am not trying to cheat on him, but it's hard for me to get over to him to drop off the bike and come back to pick it up.

I was at the Advanced Auto in Green Cove a couple of weeks ago in my car and there was a guy there in the parking lot with a great looking VTX 1300. We spoke for a bit about the bikes, mods we've done, etc.... He told me if ever need anything done to my bike that he knew a guy who did awesome work for great rates. He claimed the guy used to work for a dealership or something, but he raved about how good he was and said he will even come to you to do the work. That would make life so much easier for me.

He gave me the guy's name and number and I called today and it was no longer in service. His name is Ken and the number he gave me is 904-233-5328. I googled the number and did find one ad on eclassifieds for affordable motorcycle repair for last April.

Does anyone know this guy? If so, can you tell me how to get in touch with him now?

You know...Dan will pick up and deliver your bike, if you can't get it over there. Being the alone over there, I'm sure he appreciates as much notice as possible.

06 VTX 1800N2

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentWorld View Post
    You know...Dan will pick up and deliver your bike, if you can't get it over there. Being the alone over there, I'm sure he appreciates as much notice as possible.
    Yes, he does drop and pick up, but he charges $50 per trip or else that's exactly what I'd do. I like Dan, spoke to him today and am going to have him mount my new tire. He does great work and is super easy to deal with....really wants to help you.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.