Riding the dragon
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Riding the dragon

Default Riding the dragon

A few of us are riding down to the dragon from Owensboro,Ky. If anyone is interested. April 24-25-26

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

5 of us Pa guys are going down april 27-29. Should be there around noon friday. We have a the cabin rented at The Dragon's rest cabins in Robinsville,NC. Check my thread/post on our pa board. Look us up

The Dragon is a cool ride, but I highly recommend the Moonshiner's 28 as well (since you will be in the area).
    D J
    '06 VTX 1300S, '78 GL1000, '85 GL1200, '95 GL1500
    Visit me at: http://www.dennisjoyner.net

A friend and I are leaving Florida on Sunday 15th and should be riding Moonshiner's 28 on the way to the Dragon.
    4 days and counting

Tail of the Dragon is a great road to test your skill in riding switchbacks but for a Crusier you'll have to ride the Cherohola Skyway with it being a very scenic ride up to 5,000 ft above sea level. Every turn you"ll take, you"ll be enjoying the view of the smoky mountains. At the end of Moonshiner 28 there is a water fall that makes for a nice picture, with your motorcycle behind the falls. Enjoy your trip.
    IMG_1065.JPGIMG_1044.JPG
    Memphis Fats shield, Cobra Fatty Highway bar, Ultimate Low Rider seat, Cobra Speedster Slashdown exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by VTX M'Boro View Post
    Tail of the Dragon is a great road to test your skill in riding switchbacks but for a Crusier you'll have to ride the Cherohola Skyway with it being a very scenic ride up to 5,000 ft above sea level. Every turn you"ll take, you"ll be enjoying the view of the smoky mountains. At the end of Moonshiner 28 there is a water fall that makes for a nice picture, with your motorcycle behind the falls. Enjoy your trip.
    IMG_1065.JPGIMG_1044.JPG
    I'm familiar with the Dragon and Cherohala, but Moonshiner 28? Is that the Highway over to Bryson City?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium-X View Post
    I'm familiar with the Dragon and Cherohala, but Moonshiner 28? Is that the Highway over to Bryson City?
    Bryson is near it, but I ran it from Fontana Dam N.C down to Highlands N.C. The beginning of it (Fontana Dam) is good but the middle straightens out some and I believe from Franklin to Highlands is the better section. Near Highlands is were Bridal Falls is at.

My most favorite ride was on the Cherohala Skyway due to the view and lots of sweeper turns, perfect for a VTX. If you own a crotch rocket you couldn't ask for a better road than the Tail of the Dragon.
    Memphis Fats shield, Cobra Fatty Highway bar, Ultimate Low Rider seat, Cobra Speedster Slashdown exhaust

Default Dragon area ride

We'll be heading that way May 17th through the 20th. Do all the roads and check out Devil's Triangle on the way back.Staying at Dragon's rest as well. Nice folks there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.