Honda VTX Forum banner

240 tire without rake

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  texasmike 
#1 ·
So... I got a lot of riding in at Bike Blues. I seemed to have some trouble during low speed turns though. I have a 240 rear and the front is 1 size wider as well. Will raking the front 6 degrees help in turning? Is the issue both tires being wider or just the rear?

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
sounds like something is loose... the 240 tire should not be doing this.... unless there is wrong (damage) with the 240 tire.

I run a 200... and have for a several of years.
so 40 mm is small in difference.

#6 ·
I'm on my second VTX with a 240. The first one The Red Sled that you may know from the past on www.bareasschoppers.com with a 18" wheel up front to the newer 1800 F that we built.with The newer one having a 21" front wheel pictured below with 11 1/2" shocks on the back. No problems at all with handling or sloppiness. It is a heavy bike up front but I do have a faring with amp Etc.... But never any handling issues. You may want to check the neck bearings and check your shock bushings also. What do you mean the front tire is one size wider??? like a 140-150 up front. Big wheel width in the front may be your issue possibly if you aren't used to riding with them up front. (JMHO) I ride mine and have no issues at higher speeds or at maneuvering in parking lots etc... something may not be right. Has this been happening or did it just start?????:popcorn::dontknow:

#7 ·
Rake will make it worse. Check your head tube bearings.

Had you been drinking any?
No beer haha! Just started happening. Lots of slow maneuvers going down Dickson during bike blues. I may be over thinking it. Seems fine above 5 mph.

Routemanj

#11 ·
rakein the front will make it feel lighter almost like power steering I've got an 1800c with 6 degree of rake and a 1300c with 8 degrees . but you will need more room to make u turns and stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.