Buffing
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buffing

Default Buffing

Looking for tips on buffing scratces out of my tank. Such as best types/brands of wax. I also have a hand painted tribal design on the tank that was on there when I bought it and would like that to come off as well (it is not under the clearcoat).
    Stand on truth and do whats right.

It's not about religion, It's about the relationship

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

Zaino Brothers, simply the best out there.
    http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

Start with Z5 for the scratches and then wax with the Z2 and I would add the ZFX hardener as well

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

I've used just about every scratch removing product out there, and this is the best stuff I've found. You need to get it online, ebay, or at a detail supply store - Pep Boys and the rest don't carry it. It's Meguiars 105. It's a very aggressive compound, so you don't want to go nuts with the stuff, but I have used it to remove scratches from my tank and fenders. I've also used it to polish out after color sanding some body work on my car. Good chance it will also remove your tribal design if it is on top of the clear coat. It will easily remove 1200 grit sandpaper marks. If you follow it with Meguiars 205 polish, you'll get an incredible finish. Follow that with your favorite wax and you'll be set. I currently use a Mothers brand synthetic wax, but you can use what you like. Make sure to use clean microfiber towels, and do wax it after polishing - your clean paint will be nekkid and vulnerable.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.