Stock seat with backrest.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stock seat with backrest.

Default Stock seat with backrest.

I have a backrest that bolts on the fender and works with a stock seat. It has a slot that you can slide the backrest on and off without taking the seats off. I like it very much and would like to keep it. I was wondering if I got a solo Mustang or Ultimate seat would work with the stock passenger seat and the backrest work with them, or could I use the backrest with them. It's the one on my bike in the picture. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Franksterp69 View Post
    I have a backrest that bolts on the fender and works with a stock seat. It has a slot that you can slide the backrest on and off without taking the seats off. I like it very much and would like to keep it. I was wondering if I got a solo Mustang or Ultimate seat would work with the stock passenger seat and the backrest work with them, or could I use the backrest with them. It's the one on my bike in the picture. Thanks
    You have to chop up a stock rear seat to use with the Ultimate, I dont know about the Mustang. I would think some fab work would be in order. The Ultimates have a slot in the back of them for a backrest. 1.5"x.25" flat bar will slide right into the slot.
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

Quote Originally Posted by heffly View Post
    You have to chop up a stock rear seat to use with the Ultimate, I dont know about the Mustang. I would think some fab work would be in order. The Ultimates have a slot in the back of them for a backrest. 1.5"x.25" flat bar will slide right into the slot.
    Thanks Heffly, maybe me backrest might work with it.

Mustang seat not compatible with crappy stock passenger seat.

if you plan on having someone back there get the back seat at the same time (mus. or ulti. don't matter), their butts will thank you.
    Current rides:
    1978 Suzuku GS750 (broken clutch cable)
    1994 Ninja 600 (streetfighter project)
    2004 Honda VTX 1300S

I could send out 100 seats and never be able to finish my list Smitt
    Lot's of time and money. I trust no one's wrench, but my own. Avon Monster Club, Black Out Club, Mat Black Fastest Color....Pay it forward .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.