Saddlemen seats
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saddlemen seats

Default Saddlemen seats

I was wondering if any one had a saddlemen seat and are they confy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Thumbs down Saddlemen Seat for 1300R

Tried a Saddlemen Explorer seat for my 1300R, it wasn't comfy, didn't look good, and I sent it back. Cost me a "C" note to find out the hard way.
    Some of their newer models look interesting, but I've no other experience.

Now riding w/ ultimate Big Boy w/backrest and modified stock seat pillion, WOW! Bunch of guys I ride with have em too, and swear by the comfort and looks.
    Saw your posting about a backrest too. For a buck and a quarter get the Ultimate backrest. Made to work with the saddle.

Someone on the boards has an Ultimate set-up for sale for around $600.00. New Jersey I think... if you're looking for a deal. Supposed to be a year old and in good condition.
    Owner said, "Moving to Craig's List if no one wants it on the boards."

Good Luck... Ride Safe, Live Free!
    Last edited by mrlhood; 04-10-2012 at 08:36 PM.
    Ride safe,

Live free!
    09' Metallic Black, 1300R, Progressive Fork Springs,
    Ultimate Saddle w/Stock Pillion Mod., V&H Big Shots, Chrome!

I have the saddlemen on my C and really like it. But as they say to each their own
    2009 VTX 1300C, Bub Jug Huggers, Thunder Monster Baffles

Saddleman Explorer on my C. Love it. The bike will run out of gas before I need to get off that seat. HOWEVER, everybody is different. Ride safe!! Jets

I had both and here is my opinion for what it is worth to you. I had the Saddleman Explorer on my 1300C for a year. Felt great for both short and long rides, and looked great on the bike. Then I sat on a friends Ultimate X seat, felt even better so I felt I had to have for me too. So I sold the Saddleman and payed much much more money for the Ultimate. What I found was intially the X feels better then the Saddleman, BUT on long hauls the Saddleman was just as comfy if not even more comfortable. About the only plus you get on the X is that they do provide a more comfortable passanger seat then Saddleman. The bottom line to me, it was not worth the hundreds of dollars more that you pay for the X. And now you know the rest of the story.
    Candy red 05 1300C-Sold
    A-10 Thunderbolt paint 03 1800R, PCIII, Reinhardt pipes, Tornado intake, Dyno'd, PAIR mod, ultimateX lowrider seat, ISO grips w/boss, brake away cruise.
    01 Harley Road Glide Screaming Eagle

I have had Saddleman for a year, very good seat. Had on Mustang on my old VTX C and it was good also. I had a Spirit with a Mustang and it wasn't good at all. So the simple answer for the Saddleman is I am pleased with mine and the price was better than Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by qdude1 View Post
    I have had Saddleman for a year, very good seat. Had on Mustang on my old VTX C and it was good also. I had a Spirit with a Mustang and it wasn't good at all. So the simple answer for the Saddleman is I am pleased with mine and the price was better than Mustang.
    That's what I have on my bike, seems to be alright. But what ever you like is what counts.

I have the Saddlemen Gel Seat Explorer on my VTX and my wife has one on her Shadow - we both love it!

2008 VTX-1300C with Lindby Linbar, Saddlemen Gel Seat, Memphis Shades Batwing, Cobra sissy bar & luggage rack, chrome "X" behind the sissy bar, chrome rad cover, National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags Smoothback, Scootworks SWR-9 Riser Kit, Kuryakyn 7906 Floor Boards, Vista throttle lock, Metzler 888 rear and 880 front.

Default Saddlemen Seats

I swaped a stock seat for a saddlemen seat found out why dude wanted to trade not that comfortable and started cracking after awhile

i have the corbin touring seat for 2 up. its very firm and hard. good thing about it is it has good lower back support. bad thing is it does hurt your butt after a bit of riding. just bought a saddlemen renegade solo seat. it is alot cushier and just enough. it has a 2 piece cushion which has good tailbone support but not really much for lower back. next week ill be doing a ride from boston to laconia nh and you can feel free to message men after the 12th and ask how it was

~Joe Ho~

I have a Saddlemen Gel and it's been OK. Seemed to have gotten harden up after it got wet in the rain several times. But I started to ride with nothing in my rear pockets, it's not bad at all.
    From Happy Fairborn, Ohio
    True Birthplace of Aviation

Default Saddlemen Seat

I have a Saddlemen seat on my bike, it is confy. But if you like long rides, it's best to looks for a seat with memory foam or a gel pad in it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.