Almost killed yesterday...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost killed yesterday...

Default Almost killed yesterday...

Before anyone say's I'm prejudice I am Hispanic, part Cuban part Mexican, American by birth. Yesterday I was going down the freeway during rush hour traffice. I pulled up next to a truck with 2 mexicans in it. His window was 1/4 of the way open. He then pulled into my lane without looking and without turn signal. I hit my Steubel airhorn, and I was just lucky the guy in the left lane slowed up and I was able to slide into it. This mexican didnt even look when I hit my airhorns. He just continued to move into my lane. Doing 60 mph during rush hour traffic and going down will be terminal. The passenger in the truck sat forward and was doing something but the driver never would look at me. I shot him the one finger peace sign , yelled and cussed at him. yet again, he never looked. NOW...for whatever reason, Texas is being inudated with illegal aliens who DO NOT KNOW how to drive. I am tired of almost being killed by women talking on their cell phones, or by texting while driving. Now I have to watch out for these illegal aliens. And yes, you can tell if they are illegal aliens. Little signs like mexican radio stations bumper stickers, "I support the Department of Public Safety" plastered all over the rear window. Piece's of **** trucks, or well you know. Sorry guy's, I have to vent somewhere and I sure dont want you guy's getting killed or almost getting killed!

So beware the illegal alien!!

I am going to be really pissed if one of these guy's kill me!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I'm sure they had excellent insurance, too.

hmmm...sounds alot like south florida

Glad you made it... Thanks for your service. Semper Fi.
    2007 1300R Titanium, de-badged, Coyote gas cap hinge, National Cycle highway bars, progressive 412, loud ass Stebel horn, Batwing, Harley Aux Lights, Rivco solo rack and some Pony paint..

Default Sounds Like Everywhere

Australia is similar, everyday run-ins with people who cant drive cars, when riding a motorbike. Stats' over here say about a 20% more chance of getting killed on a bike than a car as soon as soon as you get on the road. Driving skills are poor, mobile phone drivers and texters abound even with laws introduced.
    All you can do is ride very defensively, hold the road and be ready for anything.
    I've had a wheelbarrow, a lounge chair, builders gear and all sorts coming at me on the freeway from insecure loads and they don't give a hoot about you.
    We've had I think around 14 killed this year so far, and in a country of only 21mill that aint good.
    Do your best when your out there and the rest is down to luck.
    Cheers Phil

marietta and lawrenceville are the same way.
    2005 VTX 1300 S
    Too many to list

Quote Originally Posted by vietvet1 View Post
    Before anyone say's I'm prejudice I am Hispanic, part Cuban part Mexican, American by birth. Yesterday I was going down the freeway during rush hour traffice. I pulled up next to a truck with 2 mexicans in it. His window was 1/4 of the way open. He then pulled into my lane without looking and without turn signal. I hit my Steubel airhorn, and I was just lucky the guy in the left lane slowed up and I was able to slide into it. This mexican didnt even look when I hit my airhorns. He just continued to move into my lane. Doing 60 mph during rush hour traffic and going down will be terminal. The passenger in the truck sat forward and was doing something but the driver never would look at me. I shot him the one finger peace sign , yelled and cussed at him. yet again, he never looked. NOW...for whatever reason, Texas is being inudated with illegal aliens who DO NOT KNOW how to drive. I am tired of almost being killed by women talking on their cell phones, or by texting while driving. Now I have to watch out for these illegal aliens. And yes, you can tell if they are illegal aliens. Little signs like mexican radio stations bumper stickers, "I support the Department of Public Safety" plastered all over the rear window. Piece's of **** trucks, or well you know. Sorry guy's, I have to vent somewhere and I sure dont want you guy's getting killed or almost getting killed!

So beware the illegal alien!!

I am going to be really pissed if one of these guy's kill me!
    Your first line made me laugh out loud. As if to state that because you are Hispanic, you somehow cannot be prejudice? That's pretty damn funny. The simple fact that you chose to classify the other driver as a Mexican is a form of prejudice. It is a way of saying "hey, this guy is different that me". In fact, your rant is full of prejudice. Yes, I agree we have an illegal problem in Texas. Folks up north litterally have no clue how bad it is. But now you can tell when someone is illegal just be looking at them? You can PRE JUDGE them based on their apprearance? Pre Judge is the root of the word to the word prejudice.

The fact is, an inattentive driver almost killed you. The color of his skin, or how many hispanic radio station bumper stickers he has are irrelavent to the conversation. Hell, I have a piece of crap truck. Maybe I am illegal.
    Back on the road. 2003 lightly moddified 118ci C model.

Texas has us beat with them, lol. your a lucky guy, at least the driver to you left was watching. I just assume people in cars are just stupid untill proven other wise known. We have the Mexican's the the old people, think that make up for you guys having more mexican's, lol. Smitt
    Quote Originally Posted by paddywagon View Post
    hmmm...sounds alot like south florida
    Lot's of time and money. I trust no one's wrench, but my own. Avon Monster Club, Black Out Club, Mat Black Fastest Color....Pay it forward .

In the Heart Of Dixie in Montgomery, alabama, home of Hank williams and Nat King cole

Default Not a matter of if but when.....

Quote Originally Posted by bilkoe View Post
    Australia is similar, everyday run-ins with people who cant drive cars, when riding a motorbike. Stats' over here say about a 20% more chance of getting killed on a bike than a car as soon as soon as you get on the road. Driving skills are poor, mobile phone drivers and texters abound even with laws introduced.
    All you can do is ride very defensively, hold the road and be ready for anything.
    I've had a wheelbarrow, a lounge chair, builders gear and all sorts coming at me on the freeway from insecure loads and they don't give a hoot about you.
    We've had I think around 14 killed this year so far, and in a country of only 21mill that aint good.
    Do your best when your out there and the rest is down to luck.
    Cheers Phil
    It's now a game of russian roulette while riding a MC...If the inherent risk over rides the knees in the breeze 'thang' then more power to ya.
    Stay Safe
    Stay sane
    Blurbn

Dixie Rose

well i for one am damn sure prejudice when it comes to people being in my country illegally , and he's right you can spot illegal mexicans a mile away. and to the op glad you came out of it ok
    texasmike
    1300c 8 degree rake, cobra pipes, c&c seat, darkside and lots more

You should try riding in Chicago and the local suburbs, what vietvet1 described happens routinely, its part of the craziness here and is the norm.

sounds like southern AZ. it sure is getting scarey out there no matter what your in,but especially on a scooter

Quote Originally Posted by cybrhick View Post
    Your first line made me laugh out loud. As if to state that because you are Hispanic, you somehow cannot be prejudice? That's pretty damn funny. The simple fact that you chose to classify the other driver as a Mexican is a form of prejudice. It is a way of saying "hey, this guy is different that me". In fact, your rant is full of prejudice. Yes, I agree we have an illegal problem in Texas. Folks up north litterally have no clue how bad it is. But now you can tell when someone is illegal just be looking at them? You can PRE JUDGE them based on their apprearance? Pre Judge is the root of the word to the word prejudice.

The fact is, an inattentive driver almost killed you. The color of his skin, or how many hispanic radio station bumper stickers he has are irrelavent to the conversation. Hell, I have a piece of crap truck. Maybe I am illegal.
    I concur!.......Stupity doesn't have a race, color or religion! Drivers just don't look for bikes and when one almost kills a rider they try hard not to look at us when they realize their mistake! I'm glad you were able to have a lane to veer into and not be hit!

If he was a Mexican, you're forgetting that in their minds, that area was Mexico longer then it's been Texas.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...yWantTexasBack
    Last edited by Stanky Dawg; 04-11-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    "03" 1800 T
    I'm riding to the farthest side of yonder.

It's the inattentive drivers in general, right down to the distracted soccer moms, that put is all at risk. Kudos to folks like Dawn Lazzini, founder of the Fallen Bikers Worldwide Memorial, who spend just about every waking moment trying to educate drivers so we can safely do what we all love.
    2006 1300c. Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack, clock, direct-wired GPS, 12 volt outlet, Back-Off and Path Blazer light modulators, Dyna Beads, Scootworks risers, progressive fork springs, 1800 bushings, All-Balls neck bearings, Memphis Shades windshield and lowers, RIVCO highway pegs, PAIR mod, K&N air filter, Kury Iso Grips, Glen's CPR and permanent A/F, Factory Pro re-jet, SPyKER mod, Stebel, Cobra Speedster Slashdowns.

What you bet if he hit you he wouldn't have stopped? Just keep in mine, if this happens again, there normally is enough room for a bike between lanes if you ever need to; split the diffrence between the two and slow down.

Default Almost killed yesterday.

Ahh, here we go. Same thing happened today, only it was a vegetable truck. And yes, we have legitimate vegetable companies here. Now.....Yes, you can spot an illegal a mile away. By the way they drive, and by the way that they have no idea what a turn signal is nor what the speed limit is. Unless the rear plate says Texas Farm Truck...Enough said.

I say mexican because it is what they are. mexican. They are from Mexico which makes them mexican. Just like we're from America so we are Americans.

Now, I am second generation to be born here. From my Great Grand Parents on, we do not like, have never liked illegals that come over here. In the years passed, the illegals that came over here were polite, educated, they're kids were well behaved. What is it like now? The kids are running all over Wal Mart or any other store screaming and yelling, picking up ****, etc. Bumping into you. They and their parent's do not know the two words, excuse me and thank you. So no, I dont like illegals.
    I have never been beside anybody who had their windows partially open and I hit my air horns and they didnt jump and move back over to their lane.

I say that I am Hispanic just so someone won't say, there's another red neck etc. No, I am Hispanic, proud of itr and my ancestors worked hard and recognized how great a country this is!

They may think this is still their country, but let me tell you something. The majority of those that died inside the Alamo protecting this country from Mexico were Mexican. Yes, they were Mexicans from Mexico who wanted rid of that tyrany. And if they try and take Texas back....let the fighting begin. REMEMBER THE ALAMO.

And......(Drum Roll).....they still suck at driving. And no, they are not the only ones.

Default Almost killed yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by arebee View Post
    Glad you made it... Thanks for your service. Semper Fi.

Semper Fi to you brother!

Default Almost killed yesterday

Oh ya, did you know that we have car lots and insurance companies that advertise "No driver's license, no social security card, no problem!" And guess what. It's all in spanish....

Well, I am a Redneck, and proud to be one. Most folks have no idea what the term even means, or where it came from. So what? The fact that you are hispanic does not preclude you from being prejudice as you seem to imply. The fact that you believe you can determine someone's citizenship from a bumper sticker, the physical state of their vehicle, p the color of their skin, and their driving skills is classic litmus that you a PRE JUDGING, (stereotyping) and outright ludicrous.

I agree with you that illegal imigration is destroying this country. But for you to claim to be able to determine someone's citizenship from such rediculous critria, and in the same post claim not to be prejudice is laughable at best.

Perhaps we should open concentration camps and lock up all hispanics with crappy vehicles, and latin radio bumper stickers. Seems this would be a fine way to fix the problem to you. You'd probably end up locking up a few of my American born coworkers in the mix. I'm a gun toteing hardcore conservative white man who grew up in a mobile home, and I can STILL see the prejudice you are exhibiting.

So your saying its possible to profile someone.....hmmmm.......glad your OK. Ride Safe Safe Travels.
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

Quote Originally Posted by heffly View Post
    So your saying its possible to profile someone.....hmmmm.......glad your OK. Ride Safe Safe Travels.
    Nope. Profiling is determining a PROBABILITY based on outward appearance. This dude has figured out how t know for sure based on outward appearance.

I'm not prejudice. I hate everyone equally.

Oh, and Memphis drivers are TERRIBLE!! They don't pay attention, brake randomly for no reason, don't use turn signals, don't look when changing lanes, and ride up on your rear tire and look at you like you should get out of their way.

I was riding a couple of weekends ago and had a lady in a trailblazer come up on us. We were changing lanes, and had signaled with plenty of time. She sped up to try and pass us before we changed lanes. In doing so she almost hit two of us. We occupied both lanes for a while and slowed down a little bit too. I hope she got the idea that being in a hurry isn't worth someones life. She too refused to look at us.

Oh, and you can tell when it's a woman driving. The long hair, the painted nails, the jewelry. It's a dead give away.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C
    2004 VTX1300(S) Custom Bagger

Glad to hear you're OK.

Quote Originally Posted by cybrhick View Post
    Nope. Profiling is determining a PROBABILITY based on outward appearance. This dude has figured out how t know for sure based on outward appearance.
    Profiling is simply a form of natural logic. Is it wrong to deduce that someone with an hd shirt may own one? Is it wrong to deduce that someone with a rainbow bumper sticker may likely be gay? Is it wrong to deduce that someone wearing a longhorns jersey may actually like them?

We (people) advertise who we are not only in our outward appearance, but in our actions as well. Paying attention to those details provides us many benefits in life.

So the OP has a general stereotype of vehicles to avoid while on the roadway. In the end it will most likely keep him as safe as avoiding mini-vans with soccer ball stickers on them. Simple probability... It doesn't make him evil. It makes him attentive imho.

Prejudice and profiling are natural human characteristics. They're not necessarily evil qualities to an extent. We are so freaking over sensitized nowadays that it's become ridiculous.

If you avoid driving through a certain part of town at night, all of a sudden you're racist.

If you don't hire a guy that comes to a job interview in daisy dukes, all of a sudden you're anti-gay.

If you see a black guy in a hoody sneaking around apartments that have had a lot of recent burglaries and decide to keep watch on him, all of a sudden you're... Well, facing murder charges and persecuted for a hate crime.

Yep, I went there...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
    support your
    LOCAL 81

Quote Originally Posted by Stanky Dawg View Post
    If he was a Mexican, you're forgetting that in their minds, that area was Mexico longer then it's been Texas.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...yWantTexasBack
    Yea but it is Texas now

Give the poor guy a break. He about got into an accident by a Mexican. Wether or not he has the ability to spot an illegal alien or not I can see and feel why he is up set. Wether or not it is a mexican a redneck a socker mom on her cell phone or some stupid kid texting it's upsetting to me when it happens when I'm in a cage and so much more when on the bike.

Everyone needs to be careful and attentive. The fact is that wherever you are, people don't pay attention to the task of operating a motorvehicle. Like it or not, by riding a motorcycle we are taking on a high degree of risk. People in other vehicles have a hard time with giving us respect on the roadways. I get tired of the mentality that makes it difficult for a car to follow a motorcycle on the road. They just "have to try" to pass us no matter what else is going on. I try to refrain from giving "hand signals" when others try to run me off the road. I know that ultimately I can't win. All I can do is try the best that I can to avoid potential conflict.

Wear your protective gear, stay alert, and good luck!

2005 1300R, 2007 1800T2
    Viet Nam Veteran (Medical Corps and Engineering Corps)

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHWALEE View Post
    Profiling is simply a form of natural logic. Is it wrong to deduce that someone with an hd shirt may own one? Is it wrong to deduce that someone with a rainbow bumper sticker may likely be gay? Is it wrong to deduce that someone wearing a longhorns jersey may actually like them?

We (people) advertise who we are not only in our outward appearance, but in our actions as well. Paying attention to those details provides us many benefits in life.

So the OP has a general stereotype of vehicles to avoid while on the roadway. In the end it will most likely keep him as safe as avoiding mini-vans with soccer ball stickers on them. Simple probability... It doesn't make him evil. It makes him attentive imho.

Prejudice and profiling are natural human characteristics. They're not necessarily evil qualities to an extent. We are so freaking over sensitized nowadays that it's become ridiculous.

If you avoid driving through a certain part of town at night, all of a sudden you're racist.

If you don't hire a guy that comes to a job interview in daisy dukes, all of a sudden you're anti-gay.

If you see a black guy in a hoody sneaking around apartments that have had a lot of recent burglaries and decide to keep watch on him, all of a sudden you're... Well, facing murder charges and persecuted for a hate crime.

Yep, I went there...

What he said!

This country has become too worried about everyone's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHWALEE View Post

Yep, I went there...

So are you the guy wearing daisy dukes and avoiding certain neighborhoods on your way home from your failed interview??

Sorry, had to bring some levity to this thread.

Progression of My Bike
    My Bagger Build - Bike 2

2006 VTX1300 F'n C
    2004 VTX1300(S) Custom Bagger

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.