Who uses a "Smart phone"???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses a "Smart phone"???

Senior Member redneck*bus*driver's Avatar

Default Who uses a "Smart phone"???

I know a lot of people use smart phone and there are thousands of different App's for them. So my question would be what is the best app that you use on your smart phone? One of my favorite apps if "Fuel Log" you enter in how much gas you put in at the pump and your mileage, it will keep track of your MPG and show you how many miles you have gotten per tank, when you filled up, how much it cost to fill up etc... Pretty cool app to have. Another would be "CoPilot live USA" I Use my phone as a GPS unit, mounted right on the handlebars this app works the same as a Garmin or Tom Tom. Just thought I would throw this out there and see if someone else has any bike related apps that they use.
    When the Devil knocks at your door ask Jesus to answer it!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Work gave me an I Phone and after a year the only thing I use it for is making and received calls. Most folks do not know you can use them for that.
    2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

I use an App called SQUARE.

It allows me to accept Credit Cards that otherwise I would not be able to do when on remote jobs.

I use Pandora internet radio more than any other App while riding.
    I also use the Maps app now and again.
    Live love and ride...Life is too short!

Black 2007 1800C, (the fastest VTXs made) CP drag bars, XR Ultra Fairing, PC III, HK 2 into 1's, Kury Hypercharger, lights, Young Guns seat and chrome here and there.

I barely use my blackberry as a phone.. I text my daughters more than anything on it.
    2007 1300R Titanium, de-badged, Coyote gas cap hinge, National Cycle highway bars, progressive 412, loud ass Stebel horn, Batwing, Harley Aux Lights, Rivco solo rack and some Pony paint..

whats a Smart phone

Some of the apps I use on my iPhone while I'm out riding:

1. Mapquest for Mobile (GPS)
    2. AccuWeather (live radar)
    3. Free Flashlight (use it all the time)
    4. Pano (taking panoramic pictures)

I'll have to check out the Fuel Log app.

Allstate sponsors a good free app for bikers called "Good Ride". I like to use it to log bike rides and times.

2006 Honda VTX 1300C Dark metallic grey, Mustang seats, De-Smogged, and the best part..... It's paid for!

What kind of mount do you have for your I phone??

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vikjd1

My current favorite app is Gasbuddy. You can report and find the cheapest gas prices anywhere. It's so irritating to pay for a fill up only to find it 10 cents cheaper a few miles down the road. No more, you sneaky filling stations!
    2004 1300C, Spyker Mod, FP Stage 3 Kit, Resmogged with Bubs and a bunch of bling.

Another cool one is Voxer. It's like a Walkie-Talkie, I use this all the time mainly with family.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck*bus*driver View Post
    Another cool one is Voxer. It's like a Walkie-Talkie, I use this all the time mainly with family.
    HeyTel is another good app that does that. I'll have to compare it to Voxer.
    David

2007 VTX1300R Titanium - Darkside, BadX seats, NC Paladin passenger backrest/luggage rack, US Saddlebags, Roadhouse slipons, FP Stage 3, Phat II risers, Paladin crash bars, Madco throttle lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davidnths View Post

i used to have a handlebar mount for use on the bike however I did not like it there.

I have a handlebar mounted GPS, and bluetooth headsets in the helmets with full control over the phone.

The phone now resides in a pocket when riding!
    Last edited by KD3NE; 04-12-2012 at 06:12 AM.

Tapatalk, so I can view this forum and a few others. Gas buddy too.
    03' VTX 1800R

For riding I like:
    Fuel Log
    Gas Buddy
    Radar Now (live radar)
    Victory Ride (weather/radar, services, route planner and Victory dealer locator)
    Accuweather
    The Weather Channel

Phone has Google maps w/ navigation and traffic, but I use my Garmin Zumo for that (but good to have a backup plan).
    2014 Indian Chieftain
    2010 Victory Cross Country

Quote Originally Posted by Hackett72 View Post
    Allstate sponsors a good free app for bikers called "Good Ride". I like to use it to log bike rides and times.
    Just downloaded the app. I like the maintenance log and the state m/c laws.
    2014 Indian Chieftain
    2010 Victory Cross Country

Gas Buddy, Radar Now and Pandora are some of my favorites. Walgreens has an app that allows you to scan and refill a prescription.
    2002 VTX 1800 R BRB (Big Red Bike)
    "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Davidnths View Post
    I use the Rider's Claw: www.ridersclaw.com

More info here: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-Claw-Review

Hey, watch the road sometime, will ya?. This is what I wish my view looked like. I'm almost there. My garage remote is in that same spot.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Stay Young Forever
    2005 VTX 1300R & 1997 YZF 1000R Thunderace
    Falken ZE-512 205/65/15 CT

I have a work blackberry that's pretty much restricted, so it's just used for calls, email and some texting.

I friend of mine, he and his GF ride and he has an app on his iPhone for restrooms since she would like a, somewhat, clean restroom to use on their stops. I guess people take pics of the restrooms and post them and give a rating of the bathrooms. So, whenever she has to go, he just pulls up this app and it recognizes his location and give a rating of the restrooms near him.

I guess there's an app for anything these days.
    Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart........
    2006 1300 C - MS Batwing Fairing w/ 8" Clearview Shield windshield, 1800C solo seat with a BadX seat mod, Clocks4Bikes stem clock, Kury highway mount and pegs, Gas cap Hinge.....

I have the Motorola Droid Bionic and I use it as my GPS in the truck and Van.
    I recently ordered a Woody with the 12v power socket and will now be able to use my Bionic GPS on the bike.

2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Quote Originally Posted by stayung View Post
    Hey, watch the road sometime, will ya?. This is what I wish my view looked like. I'm almost there. My garage remote is in that same spot.
    I hardly ever look down. The iPod is fully controlled by the head unit, and the iPhone is loud enough that I can hear the turn-by-turn directions if I need to (as long as I turn down the stereo). One of these days I'm going to do the garage opener mod on my bike, so the opener will be permanently on the bike and concealed from the elements.

The main reason I put the phone up on the bars is so I can see who is calling and pull over to talk if I need to. Being self-employed, I need to keep in touch with clients.

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

New Droid Razr Maxx, I use Tapatalk, all my e-mails go to my phone, Weather Bug app is a great one to keep me on top of the weather, especially on the road, F1 Timing app, watch the cars on the track real-time, pricey at $1.50 a race, but cool, Blackhawks app, Where app to find restaurants and such.

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

I have the android from walmart 50 bucks a month, I only used pandora untill I saw this post. I'm going to try some of the app suguested here. Thanks

02 1800 C Cobra Drag slash cut K&N PCIII MTC clutch pair valve remove Darkside MHE 205/65/16

this is How my remote is mounted

2012-02-10_20-40-18_912.jpg2012-02-10_20-40-04_780.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Samsung Epic4G mounted to my bars in a modified Samsung Car Dock. I use Car Home Ultra as my dock home. It gives me digital GPS speedo, Compass, Direction, Current city, and Current Weather for the city. It also has 5 scrollable app screens with large icons. I use Pandora, Google Navigation, The stock MP3 player app, And an app called MyTracks, which records where I go and allows me to upload my trip to Google Maps, moddify it, and save it back to Google Navigation.
    Back on the road. 2003 lightly moddified 118ci C model.

I love to play Angry Birds while I am riding! Great app's mentioned here. That MyTracks sounds really cool. Any one else use adaptunes? It is a speed volume control. The faster you go the louder it gets. When you slow or stop the volume goes down. I have it but doesn't seem to work for me.

HD Fairing, Roadhouse Dooleys, Forcewinder intake, Scar mod, Ultimate seats, Progressive 440 shocks & springs, Possum Pusher, Peaceful Cruisin tank bib, and much added chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket Aces View Post
    I love to play Angry Birds while I am riding! Great app's mentioned here. That MyTracks sounds really cool. Any one else use adaptunes? It is a speed volume control. The faster you go the louder it gets. When you slow or stop the volume goes down. I have it but doesn't seem to work for me.
    Iphone 4S here and I like Angry birds as well. The Moron test is right up my alley.
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

Default iPhone 4

I have a company phone that locks after 5 minutes so I use AwesomeHUD to keep it from locking and to show more speed. It will also control the music I have on it. Also use Pandora for more music, Sticher for podcasts. Sometimes use MapQuest or the google maps. Either WeatherBug or The Weather Channel.
    I use a Ram Mount handle bar bracket with a Ram Mount Universal X-Grip to hold the phone.
    Last edited by mtdew57; 04-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.

I have a Droid RAZR and the main app I use is Easy mp3 downloader. This helps me save battery life on my phone instead of using Pandora. But then again when I am on the bike I put my phone into airplane mode since I dont want to be bothered with texts or phone calls. Looking for an app that will give me scenic rides on the bike.

Trying to find a handlbar mount for my phone that wont cost me $45 or more.
    '06 1300c with Vance and Hines Big Shots exhaust, Kury Pro Series Hypercharger, Cobra floor boards

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.