Honda VTX Forum banner

lightweight emergency tire repair kit?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  shadowchaser 
#1 ·
I am soon taking a few road trips on my bike. I want an emergency tire repair kit to carry on the bike. I DO NOT want something large and bulky. I am thinking just a few plugs, applicator t handle, glue, and co2 cylinders for emergency repair until I can get to a better location for proper service. What kits are you fellow VTX'ers carrying? Where did you get them? Have any of you seen this available locally instead of ordering them. I have not found something small in a pouch at the local car parts houses.

#3 ·
#4 ·
+1 on the stop and go kit. That's what I carry but I got the one with everything you need to plug a tire minus the compressor for about $30. I've never had to use it luckily but I'm confident if I did I'd be in good shape. I also carry a compact compressor made by slime.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Unless you have unsealed spokes, or run dyna beads or Counter-act, why not use Ride-On in your tires and forget about a kit. It SEALS and balances at the same time. PM HawkVTX for some pix of when he had a huge nail come up thru the side of his tire, and he kept on'a ridin'.

#9 ·
#10 ·
Thanks Virginian! That looks just like what I am seeking. Simple, small, compact and lightweight.
That might be a simple and decent priced kit, I agree ... but in my opinion, you might want to carry one of the small 'Slime' air compressors. They're reasonably priced at Wally World, very small, come with adaptors to inflate other items and can be used to 'top off' your tires .... you can't do that with CO2 cartridges. Just an opinion though and yes, I do have one for extended trips.
Stay safe ~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.