Honda VTX Forum banner

Choke Stuck

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Motor head 
#1 · (Edited)
My choke is stuck and can't be pulled, any suggestion on how to fix?:crying:

#5 ·
and then purchase a Jet Kit and tune that carb so you don't need the choke/enricher...

#7 ·
Why tune out a function that is there for a purpose? Even with fuel injection it will add more fuel to keep it running when cold. If the bike is tuned propperly you should use the enrichener when it is cold and not when it is warm.

As was stated loosen the pinch nut under the rubber boot then adjust the A/F or go to a 58 pilot jet and you should be good.

#8 ·
I have to agree with the others about proper tuning. The enricher is needed because the bike is tuned very lean from the factory to meet pollution requirements. It even warns in the manual that excessive use can damage pistons and cylinder walls, in addition to fouling the plugs. Those alone are reason enough for me to want to avoid its use.

I tuned mine last winter and not only does it start a ton easier and without the enricher in the cold, it runs a lot better. And there was no noticeable change in the mileage. There is no reason under the sun to use the enricher when the mike starts and idles normally.

Reactions: DuaneS
#9 ·
I live in Florida you dont need no stinking choke here, but seriously I bought a 2006 vtx 1300 r the guy started on full choke I could smell fuel but didn't question him ,I got the bike home and went to crank it to get it off the trailer used the choke it was popping pooping missing,,wtf,,took carburetor apart cleaned jets checked float and inlet fuel needle looked ok put it back together still fouling plugs,,I found this thread and started learning more about this choke problem,,so I put a zip tie around the choke knob sounds a little better and accelerating smoother but I can hear and feel a difference it is a lot faster way to tell if the choke enrichment has a problem,,now I do not use the choke no need it fires right up and I give a little throttle to keep it from loping till its warm enough to idle correctly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.