Honda VTX Forum banner

2015 WV Summer Ride July 10, 11 and 12

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  knightrook 
#1 ·
FRIDAY JULY 10TH SATURDAY JULY 11TH AND SUNDAY JULY 12TH, 2015

It’s best for anyone traveling more than an hour or two to try and come Friday evening (July 10th) and stay until Sunday evening or even Monday morning.

The daily event rides will be approximately 4 hours each with breaks…with the routes yet to be determined (i will update as i get the route plans completed).

Friday evening at 6:00 pm there will be a ‘welcoming’ dinner buffet at YA’SOU Restaurant in Kimball, WV.

Saturday’s ride will begin after breakfast at the Sterling Drive-In, Welch…around 9:30 am (they will open at 8am so we will have enough time for everyone to eat) and will end with a cookout for everyone at Linkous Park, Welch.

Each person pays for their breakfast, but there is no charge for the cookout (donations are appreciated but not required) after the ride. There will also be door prize drawings after the cookout as well.

Sunday’s ride will begin after breakfast at the Sterling Drive-In, Welch…around 9:30 am as well…and will end at a soon to be designated location with a lunch (usually at a restaurant somewhere). Everyone will then be able to leave there and go on your way back home or back to Welch with the rest of the group if your’e staying until Monday morning.

Anyone coming in early…Thursday or sooner…please let me know and I can make plans to take you on some other routes as well. Show you some extra scenery and sights? Those staying later please let me know as well.

Lodging/Motel/Camping Information:

Pocahontas Motel
3731 Stewart street
Welch, WV
(304) 436-2250 (let them know you’re with the motorcycle ride to get a discount on the room)

Count Gilu motel
201 Vocational School Rd
Welch, WV
(304) 436-3041

Big Four Motel
25925 Coal Heritage Rd
Rt 52 North
Welch, WV
(304) 585-7313

Camping
The Pocahontas Motel will be permitting camping this year for those that would like to stay close to the rest of the group and socialize after the rides. They will be charging a small fee…I think about $10.

I will have a couple of places that people can set up a tent or camper, etc if they choose. No charge for these camping spots, and there will be several places available for anyone wishing to camp out. Please message or call to make arrangements.

I would also like to stress that this event is not paid for by any monies collected nor by corporate sponsorship, etc. This is all done on free time and by people donating time and services. Please visit www.wvride.com and hopefully it will explain why i do this annual event…just as a way to return the kindness that was given me and my family when it was much needed.

Donations of time, money, merchandise and services aren’t required…but as this event grows larger, they are much appreciated…it is pretty expensive to feed a bunch of hungry bikers. (It really does take a lot of time, effort and personal expenses to pull this event off each year…and the more people that attend…the more it takes).

thanks,
jimmy (knightrook)

See less See more
#2 ·
This old fart is looking forward to sharing a weekend with you and everyone, Jimmy!

#4 ·
I was planning on going to seneca rocks that weekend and showing the wife spruce knob and all of senecas sights. Otherwise i would love to come for a day. I am 25 and have a 1 yr old daughter so i cant really do the things i used to anymore. Wouldnt trade it for anything though. Just another 20 years and i might have the freedom back.

#5 ·
This old fart is looking forward to sharing a weekend with you and everyone, Jimmy!
looking forward to seeing you here this year too
Watch out for them there coal trucks
you coming this year charlie? youre more than welcome
I was planning on going to seneca rocks that weekend and showing the wife spruce knob and all of senecas sights. Otherwise i would love to come for a day. I am 25 and have a 1 yr old daughter so i cant really do the things i used to anymore. Wouldnt trade it for anything though. Just another 20 years and i might have the freedom back.
if you ride fast enough you can do all the above...:cool:

#8 ·
:bump:It's coming up soon!

#10 ·
There are only a couple motels, and they book fast. PM Jimmy(Knightrook) either here or the Café to see what might be available. Looking forward to my first trip there. I know one motel is the Pocahontas, and the Count Gilu, and there was a 3rd, but I don't remember. Renegade Rick & I are in rm. 8 at the Pokey.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.