Honda VTX Forum banner

Urgent need and request of this community

19K views 199 replies 24 participants last post by  Renegade Rick 
#1 ·
I am moved to bring a situation to the attention of this community. Last week a long time member here, BiggDaddy, became the grandfather of a little guy named Drew. Drew was born with life threatening issues that will have severe repercussions for the rest of his life, and has required extensive medical intervention just to hang on to his life. BiggDaddy made a request for prayers and good thoughts when Drew was born in a post in the OTE forum, realizing how critical his situation was. Drew is struggling forward and showing that he’s quite the little fighter.

The medical costs to the family are going to be staggering.

In one of his posts, BiggDaddy gave a link to some pictures of Drew. The sight is on “gofundme”, and BiggDaddy stated that he was not making a request for anyone to help with the funding.

BiggDaddy joined as a member of this forum around the same time that I did. He’s been here over 11 years now, and he’s one stand-up guy; a class act. While BiggDaddy would not impose his family’s situation upon this community and ask for any financial help, I WILL.

If we, as a community, can’t help a fellow member’s family during such a tragic time as this, then we’re not much of community, are we? I’m posting the “gofundme” link and making three requests of all the members here.

1. [*=1] Please consider giving some financial support to this little guy; he’s the newborn grandson of one of our long-time and valued members. Give a little or give a lot, just give if you can. Show up and show out. Help our brother.
    [*=1]When you make your donation and begin filling in your name, please start it off with the letters VTXOA. Of course, if you want to include your username that you use here, or your real name that’s up to you, or you may want to use Anonymous; I just request that you use the letters VTXOA at the beginning. It will let them see how this community cares for each other.
    [*=1]Pray if you have religious convictions or otherwise keep Drew and his family in your thoughts. They need spiritual support and well wishes too.

I would like to thank each of you for reading this post and doing what you can for the grandson one of our nicest and long-time members here. We all have needs, but Drew is fighting for his life. We just think we have problems; Drew’s situation puts a lot of perspective on ours. He’s fighting for his life.

Let’s do what we can to help him have a chance for a good long one.

The gofundme link for little Drew is: http://www.gofundme.com/DrewFinley

Here's a link to Bigdaddy's post in the OTE

Edit: For those of you who would like to donate via PayPal, Bigg Daddy (Don) has established an email address that you can send a donation to. Here's how:
  1. Go to www.paypal.com
  2. Log into your account
  3. Use the Send option with this email address: drewfinleyk@yahoo.com
  4. Put in the amount that you wish to donate and click the DONATE button
  5. Follow the instructions from PayPal

It's as easy as that.

Thanks again, everyone. Be blessed!

See less See more
#127 ·
:thumbup:

#128 ·
Damn I am so apprehensive to read new posts. Scared of what I will learn.
But that picture will be etched into my mind forever. :thumbup:
Unfortunately that's a glimpse into my world because thats how I feel when my phone rings and it's my son anymore :(

#130 ·
A new photo of Drew today...... Child Baby Product Skin Toddler

#131 ·
Nice. Drew sure seems happy. A lesson there. Thanks for posting!

#135 ·
Child Face Baby Skin Nose
Post from Team Drew on Facebook.....
SOMEBODY has already figured out that if he pulls off his vent, the alarm will go off and Mommy will come to the rescue. This is especially useful for paci retrieval and re-starting the mobile when it stops playing his beloved music.
This absolutely made my day when I got home and saw it so I had to share it with all of you.
Guys if your on Facebook join Team Drew so you can follow his progress, I will continue to post here as long as theres interest shown.
My family is so thankful to those that have continued to pray and care about Drews progress......

#138 ·
I think she has gone to Facebook mostly now Powder but I share his pictures here , Team Drew on Facebook will get you the updates as they accur

#139 ·
Toy Child Product Baby toys Toddler
Happy Easter from Drew!:D
Molly Kramer Lol, his main vent setting is a PEEP (Positive End-Expiratory Pressure) of 8. He was very amused.

#142 ·
That's the biggest little peep I've ever seen! And growing every day.
shows how small he really is that 8 peeps covers him

#145 ·
I've been dealing with a bunch of personal crap lately and not much makes me smile but seeing pictures of Drew doing better each post makes my day that much easier to handle. Thanks for the updates.

#146 ·
Child Face People Skin Toddler
Drew had an outing today ........ Pink Fun Child

#148 ·
Child Baby Skin Product Toddler

Unfortunately Drew is back in the hospital for testing for bacteria ,infection etc. around his trachea.....
But look at that happy smile even in a strange place and situation..... I think he reaffirms everyday that your life is what you make of it.. Thank you Grandson for the inspiration!

#150 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.