VTX factory match paint
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VTX factory match paint

Default VTX factory match paint

for anyone needing to repaint with factory color or just get some touchup paint for your VTX heres a site that carries the factory colors for anything from a full paint job and clear coat, to paint chips.........just click where it says "PAINT WIZARD" at the top and then click "motorcycle paint" it will give you a box to find your make/year/style bike not just for honda, but also yamaha , kawasaki, and motoguzzi....hope this helps some of you keep the paint nice on your ride

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-step1.cfm?type=2

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Always depends on the color of your vehicle... after many tries, they could never duplicate correctly the Coniston green of my land rover, even after I took the time to get there and have them scan the paint. Same goes with my Vtx where I ordered some touch-up paint and although it helps cover the chips, it doesn't match my paint perfectly. What they sent has more red in it than my original paint.

Hey.... this is my thousand't post! !!!!! Woohooo!!!

Default Paint

Not to sound negative, but I have heard the same about color rite. I was talking to a very high end custom painter who does beautiful air brushing about painting my fairing to match my bike (stream silver metallic) I suggested them and he said they very rarely get the matching correct. As a matter of fact I am having a really hard time getting a match. Even the dealer who recommended colorrite didn't have an answer. Just saying......be cautious
    04 1300 Retro, Vance and Hines Big shots,Mustang wide touring seat,Scootworks Phat II risers,Mutazu RS bags, Memphis Shades Batwing

the shipping cost for a tiny bottle of touch up paint is $15

"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one." Thomas Paine
    Where is our government!

co-sponsor

Default ....

Quote Originally Posted by robo819 View Post
    for anyone needing to repaint with factory color or just get some touchup paint for your VTX heres a site that carries the factory colors for anything from a full paint job and clear coat, to paint chips.........just click where it says "PAINT WIZARD" at the top and then click "motorcycle paint" it will give you a box to find your make/year/style bike not just for honda, but also yamaha , kawasaki, and motoguzzi....hope this helps some of you keep the paint nice on your ride

http://www.colorrite.com/matrix-step1.cfm?type=2
    wow, good find! (LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by steph View Post
    Always depends on the color of your vehicle... after many tries, they could never duplicate correctly the Coniston green of my land rover, even after I took the time to get there and have them scan the paint. Same goes with my Vtx where I ordered some touch-up paint and although it helps cover the chips, it doesn't match my paint perfectly. What they sent has more red in it than my original paint.

Hey.... this is my thousand't post! !!!!! Woohooo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickybeaver View Post
    Not to sound negative, but I have heard the same about color rite. I was talking to a very high end custom painter who does beautiful air brushing about painting my fairing to match my bike (stream silver metallic) I suggested them and he said they very rarely get the matching correct. As a matter of fact I am having a really hard time getting a match. Even the dealer who recommended colorrite didn't have an answer. Just saying......be cautious
    For the most part, Color-rite paint matches well. The only one I have ever had a problem with (and I have sprayed probably at least a dozen OEM Honda colors of theirs) is some of their Kawasaki greens. Using the sealer is always important, and as always, tri-colors are more difficult to match than standard base-coats. PPG is the only OEM manufacturer that often has OEM matched paint for Honda motorcycles, BTW.....
    Tins in stock and ready to paint for most late model cruisers!

Custom Motorcycle Painting

co-sponsor

Default ........

touch ups with a brush are almost always noticeable, and frankly, isn't how these metallic basecoats were intended to be used. They are designed to be sprayed. The only way to get an imperceptable blend is to do just that, repair the scratch, then blend in some new basecoat and re-clear the tank or fender. With candy or tri-coat finishes, you're better off just re-painting the entire part.

Default Paint match

I have a 2007 VTX 1800 R spec III.

I bought a Woody's fairing and now want to paint that to match my bike. My bike is metallic blue and metallic silver. Paint codes NH-A27M and
    NH A27H. The silver paint comes on the color rite site and also on PPG's site. But no where can I find the blue paint. Even Honda says it will have to be "matched" by your body shop. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxpackerman View Post

I bought a Woody's fairing and now want to paint that to match my bike. My bike is metallic blue and metallic silver. Paint codes NH-A27M and
    NH A27H. The silver paint comes on the color rite site and also on PPG's site. But no where can I find the blue paint. Even Honda says it will have to be "matched" by your body shop. HELP!
    Im hoping by your screen name your a Greenbay Packer fan

Anyways, Do you plan on having a body shop paint them? If so some of the better shops have a device that take a couple readings from a part and will produce a formula for the tech. My advice would be to take it to a shop you trust with a sample part from your bike. Make sure you take a sample that has both colors on it. The shop will be able to tell you if they can match it. Hope this helps
    220mm Tire Polished and Blacked out engine CP Punisher internally wired bars / Avon grips Accutronix forward controls Metric bagger rear section Long Boy front fender Arnott air ride Stretched seamless tank / Matt Hotch pop up gas cap/ FSD exhaust/ Thunder Manufacturing intake Sterling Magnum chromite cables and brake lines My Build Page: http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...-s-1300C-build http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthread.php?341134-Bags

co-sponsor

Default ......

Quote Originally Posted by Vtxpackerman View Post

I believe I have color match info for your bike, I painted one a few years ago. You can't buy that color from anywhere. Not Honda, not Color-rite, not US Paint. Aqnd nobody could match it, not with DuPont, not with PPG, not with anytyhing. My customer found someone who had color matched it very well and had a formula mixed up, as I recall, I have a copy of it in the shop with my paint notes. Call me Wednesday at 803-283-1118 and I will see if I can dig it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BD's Cycles View Post
    I believe I have color match info for your bike, I painted one a few years ago. You can't buy that color from anywhere. Not Honda, not Color-rite, not US Paint. Aqnd nobody could match it, not with DuPont, not with PPG, not with anytyhing. My customer found someone who had color matched it very well and had a formula mixed up, as I recall, I have a copy of it in the shop with my paint notes. Call me Wednesday at 803-283-1118 and I will see if I can dig it up.
    WOW! What a stand up guy. This is just one of the reasons I love this place.
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.