Honda VTX Forum banner

State VTX Groups

2K views 37 replies 24 participants last post by  MR VTX 
#1 ·
I ask this once a year . How many state groups are still active?

#3 ·
North Carolina is active but not as much as past years. We all get together at Wizza's a couple times a year for tech days, We have been known to ride across the State just to see the majestic mountain views on occasion. We try to all meet up in Raleigh in late summer for the Capitol City Bikefest. Most of our group know each other by name which is hard enough sometimes. I wish we all had time to get together more often but life gets in the way most times. But we are still active.

#4 ·
Well Jon at least one is still active. My NH group was 60 strong a few years ago. Then went down to around 20. This year nothing. We had 3 meeting over the winter in past years. Not one this year, no rides,no tech day. I guess we are done. It`s too bad. I think I will be looking into the PGR I like what they do. By the way thanks for doing a great job on the finals. You did mine some years back, changed my rubber last year and checked the final, no issues. Thanks again.

#5 ·
I don't believe there is one in Kentucky. I would love to get one started though.

#7 ·
At one point the Illinois and Wisconsin boards were the most active groups here. We had meets every week all summer season long. Not everyone made every ride but we still had them so whomever showed up had food and fun. I put on a "Tech Session" at my home every summer to let others come use my tools lifts and garage to do almost everything to their bikes. I grilled food for them and one year we counted over 50 bikes here. They were parked on the street and the neighborhood came by with their kids to see all the bikes.

Then, a few bad apples joined up and started a divide in the group. Made things not fun anymore every time they showed up. The group started to dwindle after that. To where it is now, barely a post a month on the IL board.

#9 ·
it takes very FEW to mess things up for everyone..

All brands Group.
Goldwing Group.

VTX Group.

but then I do not FIT anywhere. :)
Well, you been doing alright around here for 8 years. :thumbup:

#12 ·
...Tennessee DOA...:dontknow:

Maybe we should start a group and combine Tennessee and Kentucky.... We can called outselves - Tennessuky VTX Riders!!!

#16 ·
I don't believe there is one in Kentucky. I would love to get one started though.
Haven't seen much if any activity on the Ky board in years!

#19 ·
If we're talking boards on here, I'm doing the best I can to keep the Pa board alive. I've even created a Facebook page and website. Posting as much as I can without being too annoying. LOL
Thanks I appreciate following your posting on VTXO and Facebook :thumbup:
Brian

#25 ·
If we're talking boards on here, I'm doing the best I can to keep the Pa board alive. I've even created a Facebook page and website. Posting as much as I can without being too annoying. LOL
I appreciate your efforts on here, but like many my age, we do not do FB, Twitt, text, or ?? I think no one in W. Pa. is active. Maybe we will hook up someday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.