brake pad spring?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: brake pad spring?

Default brake pad spring?

changing the rear pads today and two small metal pieces fell out before i could note their location. they look like this... l_l with some edges for grabbing something and one has a longer piece sticking off of it. i couldn't find any areas that looked like they may have been stuck to. any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

You need to put them in, they go in the center of the caliper and the pads rest inside that clip

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

They are called brake pad retaining clips. The put a slight pressure on the pads to keep them in place and from making noise

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

got a pdf file off of the net and found they are the pad retainers, but it broke and should only be one piece. got it put back together, just have to bleed it. thanks
    john

be easy on me, just got this bike a week or two ago and i'm starting to go through it. the back pads were down to metal and done slight damage to the rotor, going to run it with the new pads until tax time when i can get it in the shop for new fork springs/oil, front tire and get the rear splines greased up. it's an 02 1800c with 28k. ended it giving $2750 for the bike so i don't think i got hurt in the deal

while i'm on here i'll ask another pad question. the front pads look ok but i have a replacement set, my delima is i am hearing a brake pad noise from the front and if i hit a bump it seems louder until i hit another bump or squeez the front brake lever a time or two. any ideas? i plan on replacing the front pads in the next day or two and if it keeps it up i'll have it looked at when it's in the shop. just wondering if that was normal for these because i never had pad noise from my 01 volusia

This tends to happen if the front wheel was re-installed incorrectly. Look here http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/ and look at the remove/install front tire in the wheels and tires section. The bareasschoppers website is a wealth of information and a valuable service.

'02 1800C, V&H Big Shots, Kury Corsair intake, DeBadged, Desmogged, PCIII Dyno Tuned, Mustang seat, NDAna
    HID kit, 1300 final.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.