Keurig K-Cup coffee makers?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keurig K-Cup coffee makers?

Default Keurig K-Cup coffee makers?

I bought my elderly in laws a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas.
    Before then, I thought about getting one for myself.
    I drink a lot (and I mean A LOT!) of coffee.
    This weekend, I found the K-cups made by Starbucks at a discount store pretty cheap and bought a bunch on a whim.
    Today, I ordered a Cuisinart K-cup brewer on the internet.

Anybody have any comments about the Keurig or specifically also the Cuisinart brewer?
    2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I bought a Keurig for my son and my step-daughter for Christmas, they both love'em. I drink a good bit of coffee myself, but I use a Bunn I bought several years ago and can't see parting with it.

I am very satisfied with my Keurig. Breakfast blend is my favorite. A bit more $ than normal but worth the effort to me. When we run out of cartridges, we pack the included container with fresh ground coffee and brew that instead.

2003 VTX1800 ARRRGH

VTX BEATS HARLEY and Hitler is Pissed!
    http://www.break.com/usercontent/201...wasted-1912477

Red Knights MC
    "343"

I drink a lot of coffee and I mean a LOT OF COFFEE.

No way I am getting one of those " one teensy tiny cup of coffee at a time makers ".

When I want a CUP of coffee, it's a 24 ounce cup!!!!!!

I love the Keurig! Makes a good, strong cup of FRESH coffee. I highly recommend the San Francisco Bay Fogchaser available from Amazon @ $21 for 80 cups including shipping. My wife prefers the whimpy flavored crap. She buys her own.

Quote Originally Posted by OaheX View Post
    I love the Keurig! Makes a good, strong cup of FRESH coffee. I highly recommend the San Francisco Bay Fogchaser available from Amazon @ $21 for 80 cups including shipping. My wife prefers the whimpy flavored crap. She buys her own.
    Went to jump on that price but it was $33
    Start them early

Semper-FI

Gee! You're right! Guess Juan Valdez wanted a raise. I've been on the subscriber program so never noticed the price increase. Still it's the best price you'll find. Good coffee too!

Pricey but the keurig coffee maker is a great item.
    2003 c cobra floorboards-memphis windshield-roadhouse shorty

Gee! You're right! Guess Juan Valdez wanted a raise. I've been on the subscriber program so never noticed the price increase. Still it's the best price you'll find. Good coffee too!
    I only drink 1 cup per day and the wife 1 and a half so it might be to much for us.I think at Costco its $27.
    Start them early

Semper-FI

We have one. we love it. My husband was the only one who drank coffee. He also drinks tea. so it works great for us. Now he doesn't have to make a pot of coffee and dump 1/2 of it out if he ends up not drinking it. My parents moved in with us and my mom really likes it too. We love that we can do hot chocolate too.
    Monica
    2006 Honda VTX 1300S with extras including Badx seat mod, Hicks CTR I installed myself, new lights coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    I use a Bunn I bought several years ago and can't see parting with it.
    We have one of those out of a restaurant, it's one of the double pot units.

Always have a pot setup and ready to go.

Default Coffee

I have a Keurig maker that someone gave me. It was "broke" so i was out nothing and only way to go was up. Took it apart. I believe at vtx is easier to work on. Found out the check valve off the pump had stuck. Cleared the valve and got it back together(finally). Works like a charm. I usually make a big cup, and a small cup in the same giant coffee mug. Comes out just right for me.

RAF
    2006 stock 1300c

Quote Originally Posted by KD3NE View Post
    We have one of those out of a restaurant, it's one of the double pot units.

Always have a pot setup and ready to go.
    I tried a lot of the typical coffee makers but they always seemed to scorch the grounds, leaving the coffee tasting bitter to me. This Bunn is the best one I have ever owned bar none.

My sister has a Bunn. I agree with you. It makes excellent coffee!

I've got a a Keuerig at the office. i like it. Buy the k-cups in bulk from amazon or sams club. save money.

I use a Cuisinart coffee maker and it makes great coffee. They are a little expensive though.
    Mine has a bug in it where it decides it wants to shut itself off before the pot is made.
    Sometimes after a cup or half a pot or whatever. It will work fine for days or a week and then flake out for a couple of days.
    It is even better than my old Krups in the quality of the coffee it makes when it isn't flaky.
    I chose the Cuisinart Keurig brewer due to the features and knowing how well I like the coffee from my regular maker. Plus, it came with the accessories like the "My K-Cup" filter kit and other stuff. I think it is and SS700 and makes 5 sizes and allows you to set the brew temperature higher than the Keurig brand.
    I plan on trying it and if I like it taking it into my lab and using it there or just buying another for work.

Where I work is in an old Dunlop tire plant. (The motorcycle and powersports tire test track is still behind us and operating)
    It was completely reworked and refurbished into an aviation rework facility a couple of years ago.
    The water is not potable and we have bottled water all over the place. Truckloads of it are delivered every week.
    I should have a good source of purified water for coffee at work.

I got the Starbucks K-cups for 4.89 per box of 16 and bought 5 different types. It sells for $12 at Walmart.
    If it is good, I can go back and buy more from the owner of the discount store.
    He will give me an even better deal if I get it in bulk. ($40 per case of 16)

Do the Kcups go bad when they approach their expiration date?

I've bought Starbucks VIA coffee that was out of date for dirt cheap and it was still good long after the expiration date.

Thanks for all the comments.
    It's nice to hear people post and not argue about stuff.
    It's good to hear people's opinions and experiences on plain old everyday stuff.
    I wished we could all ride and just meet up for a cup o' Joe.
    Last edited by DrRadar; 01-28-2013 at 12:15 AM.
    2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

I got my wife one for Christmas. She's the real coffee drinker. WalMart has a breakfast blend K-cup that is actually as good as the more expensive brands. You can also make iced tea, hot chocolate, cider, etc.
    AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE! Thank you, Jesus. (I am amazed at the grace and patience you have shown.)
    Silver 2005 VTX1300S

Quote Originally Posted by budley3 View Post
    Went to jump on that price but it was $33
    That is a liberal tax.....

It is $21/pack for those that like the free market.
    Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
    If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
    That is a liberal tax.....

It is $21/pack for those that like the free market.

Well I am willing to switch allegiance for that price.
    I can be bought.
    Start them early

Semper-FI

Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    I tried a lot of the typical coffee makers but they always seemed to scorch the grounds, leaving the coffee tasting bitter to me. This Bunn is the best one I have ever owned bar none.
    Bunn machines are industrial and designed to last. We have had our for far many years than any other previous coffee brewer and it came out of a restaurant. It had already seen three years of commercial service before we got it.

If I did not have a Bunn I would probably go with Cuisinart because they " look " to be better built. My brother has a Cuisinart and his seems to be holding up well.

I like mine, but the K cups can get pricey...I bought a kit and now use my folgers in the machine.....
    Phil "I should be ridin " Ford
    06 CBC 1300R Darkside /Foots Mod......

Quote Originally Posted by KD3NE View Post
    I drink a lot of coffee and I mean a LOT OF COFFEE.

No way I am getting one of those " one teensy tiny cup of coffee at a time makers ".

When I want a CUP of coffee, it's a 24 ounce cup!!!!!!
    And I only drink CDM coffee and chicory. I make it black as night and strong. Not that kind of crap I find when in other states where I think they wave a coffee bean over a cup of water and call it coffee.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    I like mine, but the K cups can get pricey...I bought a kit and now use my folgers in the machine.....

+1 on kit. Melitta makes a kit called JavaJig. Bought mine @ Walmart about $5.00 I think. You can use your favorite coffee for a lot less $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Rory View Post
    And I only drink CDM coffee and chicory. I make it black as night and strong. Not that kind of crap I find when in other states where I think they wave a coffee bean over a cup of water and call it coffee.

I agree, some places sell "coffee" that is the color of tea and I hate it. Strong, dark coffee is the way to go!

Don't know if it has been commented on yet, but Dollar General has a 4 pack of these
    refillable plastic & screen filters that go right into the Kurig (spelling?). That way you
    can use your own coffee(s).

My wife always wanted one, and her Mom got her one for Christmas. Wow, that sucker
    wastes some coffee. If there is a world shortage of coffee, it is because of the Kurig. I
    think you could traditionally brew twice the amount of coffee opposed to what the Kurig
    spits out.

Convenient, yes, but wasteful. Buy those Dollar General things, a must!

Herb
    Support our troopERS.
    2008 Victory Vision Tour, Super Steel Gray
    2005 VN2000 Kawasaki, Black (2053cc)
    2002 GL1800 Honda Goldwing w/ABS, Black
    2002 Bushtec Turbo +2 Trailer, Black

Quote Originally Posted by g1nomad View Post
    Don't know if it has been commented on yet, but Dollar General has a 4 pack of these
    refillable plastic & screen filters that go right into the Kurig (spelling?). That way you
    can use your own coffee(s).

My wife always wanted one, and her Mom got her one for Christmas. Wow, that sucker
    wastes some coffee. If there is a world shortage of coffee, it is because of the Kurig. I
    think you could traditionally brew twice the amount of coffee opposed to what the Kurig
    spits out.

Convenient, yes, but wasteful. Buy those Dollar General things, a must!

Herb
    It depends on whether you like coffee or hot water. Good coffee will dissolve a spoon.

I have seen the K cups at Big Lots too.
    Paul Schweizer
    SoCal
    2002 Honda VTX 1800C
    2001 Kawi Concours

Of course chicory has no caffine. I prefer a buzz.
    [SIGPIC]
    '03 Red 1300-s Retro.

Quote Originally Posted by TennX View Post
    had mine for 3 yrs now and love it! Bought the kit to use any ground coffee i choose & worth every penny!
    RESPECT-THE-RIDER.COM
    Double Darkside "S"

It depends on whether you like coffee or hot water. Good coffee will dissolve a spoon.

Yep.
    '04 1300S or at least used to be.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.