Keurig K-Cup coffee makers? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keurig K-Cup coffee makers?

Quote Originally Posted by OaheX View Post
    It depends on whether you like coffee or hot water. Good coffee will dissolve a spoon.
    Indeed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

The whole family has Keurigs - 4 of them to be exact. I love ours and I'm normally an espresso drinker.

Al
    "gettin' there is half the fun."
    2006 1800R Spec 3

Bought the wife one for christmas. Kuerig Platinum or something like that....She wanted one and doesn't really drink much coffee, I wondered why? Then found out they make those cute little hot chocolate packages.
    I do say it makes great cup of coffee. I use Folgers, Starbcks, Pike Italian......good stuff. I like the one cup and done because I just dont drink as much joe as I used to so one two good jolts and I am done.
    The variety of drinks is nice, sometimes tea, ciders, hot chocolate.
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    I tried a lot of the typical coffee makers but they always seemed to scorch the grounds, leaving the coffee tasting bitter to me. This Bunn is the best one I have ever owned bar none.
    I have used Bunn coffee makers for about 25-35 years.
    Great Coffee quickly!
    I am on my second one and had to repair it last year. The plastic tank on top was leaking because the plastic was deteriorating but JB Weld fixed it up for another 10 years or so, I hope.
    Last edited by dangrousdan; 01-29-2013 at 11:51 AM.
    Sent from my PC or Laptop or Netbook by Tapping MY KEYBOARD ;^)

It depends on whether you like coffee or hot water. Good coffee will dissolve a spoon.
    Maybe ours is broken? It is already practically clear water towards the end. If I open the top
    of the coffee thing, the top grounds are barely wet? The next time I am around someone else
    with one, I will check out their spent containers and see how dry the top grounds are. My wife
    seams to think it operates just fine, like the ones her friends have?

I start every day with a No-Doz or Vivarin, and jump back in bed for 30 minutes. I have done
    this for 30 years now. I DO NOT function without high levels of caffeine in my system. I would
    scare Satin with my anger if forced to function without caffeine.

Herb
    Support our troopERS.
    2008 Victory Vision Tour, Super Steel Gray
    2005 VN2000 Kawasaki, Black (2053cc)
    2002 GL1800 Honda Goldwing w/ABS, Black
    2002 Bushtec Turbo +2 Trailer, Black

Has anyone tried the single cup machine called "The Scoop"? I bought one for traveling and plan on putting it in the trailer we pull behind the trike. It uses any type of coffee you choose but without the expense of buying the K-cups. I tried it out and it makes fine coffee.

Banned

I either drink cuban style expresso or jus use the mr.coffee thingy w/ either vanilla or hazelnut.

Has anyone tried the single cup machine called "The Scoop"? I bought one for traveling and plan on putting it in the trailer we pull behind the trike. It uses any type of coffee you choose but without the expense of buying the K-cups. I tried it out and it makes fine coffee.
    Never heard of that one.

Senior Member Highway 61 Revisited's Avatar

I use a French press.

Usually with Starbucks French Roast.

Simple, cheap, excellent brew.

"Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere you find yourself" -Old Biker's Credo

"I'll let you be in my dream, if I can be in yours" --B. Dylan 0/`j~0

Quote Originally Posted by DrRadar View Post
    I bought my elderly in laws a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas.
    Before then, I thought about getting one for myself.
    I drink a lot (and I mean A LOT!) of coffee.
    This weekend, I found the K-cups made by Starbucks at a discount store pretty cheap and bought a bunch on a whim.
    Today, I ordered a Cuisinart K-cup brewer on the internet.

Anybody have any comments about the Keurig or specifically also the Cuisinart brewer?

I also bought the Cuisinart Keurig coffee maker from Costco. I believe it's the Platinum? All I know is that it is the one with the biggest water resevoir at 80oz! I like it because I'm the only coffe drinker in the house so I never wanted to force myself to drink more than I wanted but didn't want to throw out the remainder.

I did however have a weird problem with the first one. For some reason the pump just stopped working. Just took it back and they shipped me an new one. I was reseaching with Bing when the first one went out and apparently ALL K-cup brewers have there faults. Costco's return policy is awsome so that is the reason with staying with the same brewer.

It is alot more expensive than regular coffee grounds and to be honest I like the way my old 12 cup coffee maker made my folgers more than anything that I have tasted so far. But it is nice to be able to make tea, coffee and hot chocolate from one machine.
    USN 1996-2000 STS3/SS

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I also bought the Cuisinart Keurig coffee maker from Costco. I believe it's the Platinum? All I know is that it is the one with the biggest water resevoir at 80oz! I like it because I'm the only coffe drinker in the house so I never wanted to force myself to drink more than I wanted but didn't want to throw out the remainder.

I did however have a weird problem with the first one. For some reason the pump just stopped working. Just took it back and they shipped me an new one. I was reseaching with Bing when the first one went out and apparently ALL K-cup brewers have there faults. Costco's return policy is awsome so that is the reason with staying with the same brewer.

It is alot more expensive than regular coffee grounds and to be honest I like the way my old 12 cup coffee maker made my folgers more than anything that I have tasted so far. But it is nice to be able to make tea, coffee and hot chocolate from one machine.
    Sounds like what I got.
    80oz reservoir and 5 brew sizes from 4-12oz.
    Have you played with the water temp settings and tried making it in the My K-Cup reusable filter and using the hottest setting?
    I grind my coffee fine and use a #4 cone in my Cuisinart coffee maker. I drink a pot before work and stop at Starbucks at least 2x a day and usually 4 times on average.
    I got my shipping notification but no updates in 2 days since the label was printed. I was hoping to have it by the weekend.
    2005 VTX1300C Roadburner Double Eagles ,
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

French Press is the best of the best in coffee brewing ~M

"Laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life."

"Take good care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."

Hearts in Newhall, Ca, Butt's in Wichita, KS Spikeboy, ENJOYING it NOW?!?!?!?!??

All of those fancy-smancy coffee makers are OK, but I live a healthier life. No caffeine for me. I prefer pure mineral water. This is my favorite:

UMMM-Ummhhh GOODD!!

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    '03 1800C
    Black is BEAUTIFUL!! (and FAST)

Quote Originally Posted by budley3 View Post
    Well I am willing to switch allegiance for that price.
    I can be bought.

Boy Buddly, I could really jump on a statement like that and say something mean and nasty............. But,,,,,,,,,,,, it hardly seems worth the effort. Even here in the hot box I still don't feel right insulting some one like you did me on face book. End of a friendship, end of an era.
    Lost Soul ( Lee Jaderlund )

Proud Member of the Soggy Bottom Boyz Just hangin in the breeze

Have one, but I grind my own Dunkin Donuts coffee and use the Keurig to brew.
    WolfCub

"The World is a mess, and I just need to rule it." Dr.Horrible

2006 Candy Black Cherry VTX 1300C Mustang Sport touring seat, Viking bags

I borrowed the Keurig brewer I bought the in-laws last night and made my coffee this morning using the Starbucks Pike Place K-cups. (My doesn't get here until next week. )
    I am disappointed in the brew strength on any setting except the smallest cup size. I hope the Cuisinart unit is better with it's brew controls.
    Batwing, BadX double decker 1800C seat and lots of chrome. Riding DS Yokohama Avid S 205/70-15 with Dynabeads......Smooth Ridin
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626
    2012 Victory Vision- Fits the Wife's butt just right! Plus a few others. I need to clean out

Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    I bought one, but I didn't like it. From day one, it never made a full cup of coffee. Then it stopped working completely. I put it away, and when came across it a long while later when I was cleaning out cabinets. I was going to throw it away, and in fact had it sitting on top of the trash can at the curb on trash day, but my neighbor asked if he could have it. I said sure, and told him it wasn't working. He said he'd tinker with it.

I asked him the other day if he ever got it going, and he grinned and said that he just called Keurig, they sent him a brand new one, which works perfectly. (I never tried to return it because I didn't keep the box or receipt, and it had been so long since I bought it.)

Oh, well...I like my Krups coffee maker. It has a cone shaped filter basket, which I think gives a better tasting brew.

Start them early

Semper-FI

The Italians I used to work with used these for java, Doc if you want brew strength this your last stop. http://www.target.com/p/primula-stov...i_sku=12795458

I think thiers was actually a little smaller, maybe in the 2 cup range. Only needed about an ounce to make a cup of coffee.
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

On sale at Costco $24 / 80
    Start them early

Semper-FI

The Cuisinart was here when I got home last night. I set it up and rinsed it before bed.
    I made a couple of cups this morning before work and it works much better than the Keurig I bought the In-Laws in taste and brew strength.
    I made a 12oz cup using a SBUX pod that was better than the 8oz using the Keurig.
    I set the brew temp to the hottest on the Cuisinart. The Keurig didn't have a way to change it.
    I picked up a 4 pack of the reusable K-cups at Dollar General for $10 tonight on the way home.
    I'm going to try my SBUX ground in the one that came with the Cuisinart in the morning.
    ' VTXOA Inmate#37626

I am with all the guys using a Bunn, I have one I "inherited" from my old shop 12 years ago...Guys there couldn't get it to brew right. Bunch of old crusty mechanics..
    Simply fill pot with water, pour into machine, insert coffee (with permanent screen filter) and shut lid.. Hot Coffee in 12 seconds..
    Stainless Steel vacuum carafe, coffee is NEVER burnt as there is no hot plate.. I still use this thing almost every day..
    Those poor ole boys were trying to make this thing brew 1-3 cup batches... It's industrial and doesn't work that way..
    Bought a Keurig for my ex, She's long gone but I got this foofoo coffee maker on the counter still And some silly adapter thing you can fill with whatever coffee you want etc... I toss my cap or doo rag over it now.. depending on how hot it is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by demented View Post
    I ain't drinking nothing that comes out of anyone's buns...
    There is another thread on this site that talks about people inserting coffee into their buns.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.