LED rear running/brake/turn lights
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED rear running/brake/turn lights

Default LED rear running/brake/turn lights

I am building some custom hard bags and want to remove the original brake and turn signals and replace them with LED's and would like them to work from the original switch. Ultimately I would like two strips of LED's, one on each bag making both my brake/running and turn signals. What do I need to do? and any recommendations on what brand to use? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Have you checked out Custom Dynamics for the lights?

http://www.customdynamics.com/

Kury makes excellent run turn brake modules. This is the best way, that I know of, to make your tail lights Running lights; Turn indicators; and brake lights. It is plug and play.
    http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/732...ake-controller
    Last edited by mightywarrior72; 02-16-2013 at 02:01 PM.
    The earlier I get behind, the longer I will have to try and catch up.
    It doesn't take me all day to get nothing done; I can get nothing done by break time.

I am building some custom hard bags and want to remove the original brake and turn signals and replace them with LED's and would like them to work from the original switch. Ultimately I would like two strips of LED's, one on each bag making both my brake/running and turn signals. What do I need to do? and any recommendations on what brand to use? Thanks

I used these http://www.superbrightleds.com/morei...light-bar/123/.

Put tail, turn, and brake lights in my bags. I drilled a hole for each light and pushed it through then smeared caulking on each side to keep water from entering the bag. I wired the tail lights to the exsisting tail light wiring and the same for the rest. I have 3 tail lights across the back, and 3 brake lights across the back. The turn signals were wired to the existing turn signal wires as well. Then installed an electronic flasher. Everthing works great. All the lights run around the side as well. Each light strip has 24 super bright leds.

IMG187.jpg Not the best pic but they can be seen in full daylight.

2003R..................... Darkside Rebel and Proud of it. 100,000 Mile Club
    Home made doolies, Crash Bar, Light Bar, Harley Bags, Reckless Batwing,
    Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Highway Pegs, Corbin Tourer Seat, to name
    some of the many mods. Leo

I planning on doing the same thing. I have been looking at customdynamics.com and chromeglow.com haven't decide yet. It looks like they have the same led modules, I don't know. Also looking at the Kisan Signal Minder to replace the relay so that the leds don't flash to fast it also has some other nice features such as run, turn, brake control for the rear turn signals. You might want to check that out. You will have to get a load independent relay or load equalizers. Relay is what I am going to do, (Kisan Signal Minder), because a load equalizer defeats the purpose of using leds.....it adds the power consumption back into the electrical system that you just removed by adding leds.

If you want to do it a lot less expensive look at this ....

http://tech.bareasschoppers.com/diy-...ar-lights-mod/

I see you have the fastest color X sitting behind you in the photo.
    2003 VTX 1800R, V&H Big Shots, Desmog, K&N, Double Darkside-Goodyear TT 205/60-16,Michellin Pilot Active 150/70-17, Dyna Beads, Honda Line windshield, Jett lowers, Kury ISO grips w/Throttle Boss, Scootworks Phatriser II, Mustang seat with Paladin Passenger removable backrest, Paladin highway bars with Kury pegs, Edge bags w/brackets.

Thanks for the tips.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.