Tsukayu VTX saddlebags
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tsukayu VTX saddlebags

Default Tsukayu VTX saddlebags

I put the stock exaust back on my bike, and the top muffler touches the saddlebag in the front for about an inch. Anyone else have this issue? What did you do?
    2007 1800T, Matazu trunk and Tsukayu bags, stock exaust pipes, Tsukayu fairing, Rostra cruise control, Mustang seats, 1300 Final

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Changed it to a C exhaust.

Default C exaust

I thought about that one time, even tried it to a point, bolted up just fine, but my floorboards did not like them at all, so I took the C exaust off and sold em
    2007 1800T, Matazu trunk and Tsukayu bags, stock exaust pipes, Tsukayu fairing, Rostra cruise control, Mustang seats, 1300 Final

c exhaust

Default c exaust

On my 07 T, it would be a big mod for me, dont have a shop I can work in. If I could use bolt on parts I would try it, Thanx! Im hoping there is some kind of adjustment in the bags, when I talk to Tsukayu they say "they fit R model, you have T, you muss change sumeting" like I didnt know that. The R and the T are the same, exept for the factory bags and windshield.

I have about 4 inches of clearance with my V&H Bigshots. I bet the big factory cans would probably hit on my N also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1967 Honda 305 Superhawk, 2008 VTX 1800Neo, V&H Bigshots, Memphis Fats shield and lowers, Cobra Fatty bars, Sagebrush Crash bar chaps, Big Bike light bar w/4.5" lights, Glen's 3" HL ext, Ultimate Lowboy 4 piece seat w/studs, Tsukayu VTX specific saddlebags, Deluxe style backrest, so far.....

I would try to loosen the mounting bolts and shift the bag around (up & down) to gain clearance and re-tighten the bolts.

Check that the bag is pushed all the way in and pay attention to the cam lock I have a bent one on rear and falls into fender.

The mount where the cam goes in is also bent.

I am waiting on tsukayu to get me a price so I can order both parts.

I had the N/F dual exhaust and had to get rid of them so I could put saddle bags on my X. I wanted big bags and the dual pipes infringed on achieving that.

2003 1800C

Quote Originally Posted by daninflag View Post
    I thought about that one time, even tried it to a point, bolted up just fine, but my floorboards did not like them at all, so I took the C exaust off and sold em
    have a stock set of c exhaust you pay shipping there yours about 3000 miles on them

We put this on my son's Neo that had Tsukayu Bags and it worked flawlessly.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hsp-721202/overview/

Anyone know what he did to fix it?

I was going to suggest he just cut the bottom out of it and re glass it about an inch up, leaving the sides the original length. That's what I do when people order my bags that have stock exhaust.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.