making the 1300 VTX R mine
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: making the 1300 VTX R mine

Default making the 1300 VTX R mine

Brought my new to me 05 VTX 1300R with 5700 miles on it home a cuppla weeks ago and just today got it back from the dealer and a valve adjustment (they were in spec), new front tire and change back from Rinehart pipes to the stocks which required buying all new stock brackets and all nuts and bolts...I am enjoying the new quietness and look forward to warmer weather and the riding season..

FYI....old bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Rineharts?

I didn't even know they made pipes for the X. Got any pictures?

Default pipes

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousToXtremes View Post
    I didn't even know they made pipes for the X. Got any pictures?

Yes, rineharts exist for the 1300 R.....(2005 model)....I will have a photo in a day or so and have asked previous owner to send photo of them mounted if he has one....In any event I could email a photo once I have one, but do't know how to post photos on the forum...

The name rinehart is on the black tips and the words rinehart racing are on the on the chrome part of the exhaust...I don't see any part number stamped anywhere..

I believe they will only fit the 1300 Retro, not the C...I don't know about the S...
    The sound is very throaty which as a geezer I dislike....They are 2 1/4 inch outside diameter at the back of the pipe....

BTW I will be selling, but don't know what is a fair price and of course freight.....

Have mounting bracket for them and all old bolts adn nuts that came off when they got changed out...

Can't wait to see. Well if you decide to get rid of them, you can always post them on the Stuff 4 Sale board. That way you can make some money back on the stuff you had to buy for the stock pipes and maybe even some new upgrades. Best of luck and have fun.

Thanks for good wishes...
    just took a nice country ride and really liek the bike...it is very comfortable with the mustang seat and rider backrest.....It took about 30 miles to
    "accept" the vibration caused by the single pin crank adn then it felt natural and I am invigorated...I am looking forward to a nice long road trip, such as up to the Blue ridge parkway wehn it gets a bit warmer..

Old Bob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.