Vtx 1300c Electrical problem
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vtx 1300c Electrical problem

Question Vtx 1300c Electrical problem

This bike has 30k miles on it and I have changed the starter switch harness 2 times.Looks it might have to be a 3rd.Honda has changed the part # twice.Turned on the key headlight lit up ,pushed start button it went dead like no power.Does anybody have a wiring diagram?I had a manual but seemed to have misplaced.Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Neilmel

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I think you can get a copy here....http://depositfiles.com/files/1761507
    Sounds more like connection or battery problems. Have you cleand up the grounds at the front coil, helps. I would go over connections.
    We can walk our road together, If our goals are all the same. We can run alone and free, If we pursue a different aim.
    Let the truth of love be lighted. Let the love of truth shine clear. Sensibility, Armed with sense and liberty. With the heart and mind united in a single. Perfect. Sphere. Neal Peart

Do you have lightbar, spotlights or any other added lighting load to the front of the bike. These bikes are notorious for burning out starter switch due to heavy headlight load. Solution is easy. Install a relay for the headlight loads. Very simple process. I am eager to help, if you think this is the problem.
    The earlier I get behind, the longer I will have to try and catch up.
    It doesn't take me all day to get nothing done; I can get nothing done by break time.

Neilman .. I sent you a PM message.
    We need to talk.

Doug
    Last edited by Donut; 05-27-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Donut Doug

You just have to clean the starter switch some will give you link of how to do it and if you have acc use a relay like
    mightywarrior72 suggestion

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.