top speed?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: top speed?

Default top speed?

my new 1800 only hits 130? looking for tips and tech advice. stock bike. bub Reinhart racing pipes. thunder racing air intake system. what else do i need?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: top speed?

Quote Originally Posted by geminiRider
    my new 1800 only hits 130? looking for tips and tech advice. stock bike. bub Reinhart racing pipes. thunder racing air intake system. what else do i need?
    How fast do you want to go? Ever see anyone that's crashed at 130mph....I have not pretty. Serious though, mine gets maybe 132, that's pretty typical for a stocker. Cheapest HP gains are from NOS. Prices go up from there. Stock clutch will be the weak link right off the bat.

By far your cheapest way to get more speed would be to buy a Busa for a second bike. You'd spend more than 10K trying to upgrade a cruiser that isn't made to do the speeds you are interested in. My $ .02.
    Mine- '02 Blurple 1800C, Jughuggers, Corbin, Proton 4, FI2000, 21" Fats, Risers, Forwards, Ness Grips, Tach, XM, Zumo

Default No death wish.

It's kind of a grudge match. My buddy drives a valkrie & he get's me top end. I just need a little more ummph. I kill him in acceleration but he catches me when we get stretched out. I'll never own a crotch rocket, I'm too tall to ride em'.

Default .

Yap I know what you mean I have to take my windshield off and lean forward if I want 140s or more,otherwise I have to settle for 130s too….
    All chrome front end, Corbin Seats (2), Candy apple Blue/with Silver Flames, Bobbed Rear fender w/ Led strip tail light, Side mount licsent plate tucked in the wheel, Flame Mirrors, 2 Highway Hark Headlights and Much, Much More

120 Max. So I guess that's typical of the Beast?
    PLACES TO GO PEOPLE TO PISS OFF!
    2002 VTX1800R 130,000 Miles
    2002 VTX1800C 50,000 Miles
    2003 VTX1800R 50,000 Miles

Quote Originally Posted by VTXkeeper
    120 Max. So I guess that's typical of the Beast?
    i hit 134mph with my stock vxt1800. 266 miles on it.
    03 Candy Red VTX1800, Hard Krome Kicker Exhaust System, Kuryakyn ISO Grips,Chrome Radiator Cover,Cobra Chrome DriveShaft Cover,Chrome Brake Res. Cover, Hand Polished Wheels. One BadAss X Rider Also.

Default wow

guys this was wild ive had fast cars and this tops them all. it feels almost instanteanous from 60 to 154 watching the speedo peg and my friend on his ninja started dropping off he said he let off at 154 and i still pinned it but shortly let out of it. that is the most insane thing i have ever done.

about as good a skydiving. haha

chris
    03' 1800 metz 200, progressive 11" shock, barons fat drag bars, v&h bigshots, and nitrous when i need it.
    It's only as fast as you want it to be!

Default Re: top speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro-thunder
    80 ismy top speed for my old old body,,,,lol
    Ryde today,,Tommorrow may not be here!!
    2005 1800 c
    Chrome wheels ,,,Sissy bar with short backrest,,,,Switchblade windshield,,,Tribal flame cover,,,
    ,,mem foam and gel seat,,,Spec 3 [many extra bling ] also Kuryakyn driveshaft cover
    more in the future

Default speed

don't ride any faster than ur gardian angel can fly

The speedo on our X's Are wrong. I have pegged mine too but the dyno says 135 mph at the rev limit.

Ride Sober Live Free!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.