Honda VTX Forum banner

Another Jetting Question

458 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Spencer 
#1 ·
I am jetting a 1300c I am using the Thuder Jet kit I used the 210 with the forth grove and the bike was crap. I put in the 195 and moved the clip to the third grove. Now the bottom end is crap but in higher rpm it is fine. We have cobra full system with the stock filter with a cut out cover. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
Try a 195 from another manufacturer's kit. Not all jets are the same from the different manufacturer's. IE...a 195 from one kit, might be the same physical size as a 205 from someone else's. That's been my experience anyway. Hope that helps.

G
#3 ·
I assume you mean it runs okay now at WOT? If so, keep the 195. Try moving the clip back to the fourth slot, or try adjusting the a/f screw first if you you don't want to mess with the needle valve.

Better yet, do plug checks to see at what throttle position the problem is occurring.

We really need more info. Instead of telling us how it runs at different rpms', tell us how it runs at different throttle positions.

#4 ·
Drop in a K&N Filter, go with the 200 jet, needle on fourth clip
2-1/2 turns on the Idle jet.

You are only 20 miles south of me so this should get you pretty close

It's the set up I have with my Bigshots (quiet baffles) and UltraFlow
which should flow about the same as your modified box with the K&N
and Cobra system

If you keep the stock filter I would think the 195, and 3rd clip, 2-1/2
turns would be close-BUT WHY WOULD YOU KEEP THE STOCK FILTER :D

I am using the Dynojet jets, needle, and spring.
Spencer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.