Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ??
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ??

Default Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ??

I have an '04 VTX 1300 R with Tsukayu hard bags. Does anyone make a pair of "crash" bars that would protect these bags in case of a fall? I already have a front safety bar to protect the engine.

Thanks in advance for any tips or links to help me find these !!

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default rear bars

here is a link for you. I don't have personal experience with these but saw a post about them somewhere. I had saved the link as a possible addition for my own bike. I do remember reading that they restrict the opening completely of the Tsukayu bags. Just that the lids would hit the guards before being raised fully open.

http://www.roadstyler.com/en/index.p...pshop&Itemid=1

Default Thanks Rick !!

I appreciate your help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Rick View Post
    here is a link for you. I don't have personal experience with these but saw a post about them somewhere. I had saved the link as a possible addition for my own bike. I do remember reading that they restrict the opening completely of the Tsukayu bags. Just that the lids would hit the guards before being raised fully open.

http://www.roadstyler.com/en/index.p...pshop&Itemid=1

My 1800 with VTX specific bags and the Roadstyler bars on it;

I had to play with the mounting a bit but made them work...will be doing a couple more adjustments while I play with fitting passenger floorboards, the crash bars are tight at the bottom of the bags as well as restrict the full opening of the lids, can still access items inside easily, just cannot open the lids fully.
    2003 VTX 1800 R Bagger - Rear Air Ride, Progressive Lowering Springs, Tsukayu VTX Specific Bags & Trunk, Breakaway Throttle Lock, Custom Corbin Cowel, F Risers, Woody's Fairing, Constellation Driving Light Bar & rear signals, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, JTD Cycle Parts Hard Lowers, RoadStyler rear bars, All lighting LED

Default Thanks Quinster !

This forum is loaded with a bunch of great guys who will go out of their way to help someone they don't know.

Gotta love it!

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Quinster View Post
    My 1800 with VTX specific bags and the Roadstyler bars on it;

I had to play with the mounting a bit but made them work...will be doing a couple more adjustments while I play with fitting passenger floorboards, the crash bars are tight at the bottom of the bags as well as restrict the full opening of the lids, can still access items inside easily, just cannot open the lids fully.

Default rear crash bars

Yup I believe that is the bike and post I was referring to Mike.

Hey Quinster,
    Do you have any pictures showing the bag lids in the open position? I have the Tsukayu bags mounted but have not sent them over for paint yet. I'd like to have everything all fitted up before I do. Just not sure about the interference fit.

+1. Interested in pics with lids open. Ugh another thing to add to the list and they are not cheap but dang the look good.

There was a thread on here or the Cafe about a year ago (?) with a guy who was going to make custom rear guards for any bags that would wrap right around front to back. Not sure what happened to him but I was interested in protecting my QQ bags for sure....

VTX 1800R Custom, QQ drop bags/fender, HD Street Glide fairing, 8 speakers, Rockford Fosgate amp, Kenwood deck, 4 pc Ultimate seats, so much chrome it hurts....

Default Rear protection bars for VTX 1300 with bags ??

Here are some pics of them open

When I ordered mine last year it worked out to about $180 Canadian shipped to my door.

wngd - I saw that thread too...watched it for a bit but it seemed to quickly fizzle. Once people started asking for pricing quotes the OP seemed to stop responding.
    Last edited by Quinster; 01-01-2014 at 10:48 AM.
    2003 VTX 1800 R Bagger - Rear Air Ride, Progressive Lowering Springs, Tsukayu VTX Specific Bags & Trunk, Breakaway Throttle Lock, Custom Corbin Cowel, F Risers, Woody's Fairing, Constellation Driving Light Bar & rear signals, Cobra Fatty Highway Bars, JTD Cycle Parts Hard Lowers, RoadStyler rear bars, All lighting LED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.