cubic inches for the 1300
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cubic inches for the 1300

Default cubic inches for the 1300

Got a question, what does the 1300 translate into cubic inches? A buddy of mine that I ride with just traded his honda vt 1100 for a suzuki c90T. I was trying to compare it to my 1300. I think his is 1500cc. The suzuki website just says 90 cubic inches. Thanks guys & gals.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: cubic inches for the 1300

Quote Originally Posted by heelx
    Got a question, what does the 1300 translate into cubic inches? A buddy of mine that I ride with just traded his honda vt 1100 for a suzuki c90T. I was trying to compare it to my 1300. I think his is 1500cc. The suzuki website just says 90 cubic inches. Thanks guys & gals.
    1300cc = 79.33 cu. in.
    2004 Red 1300S, Clayton Mod, Ultim. LowRider w/ Driv & Pass Backrests, wishmasterg Riser, Cobra Eng Grd w/ Floorbrds, Pass. Floorbrds, Honda Dlx Sissy Bar&Dlx Luggage Rack, Lightbar, 19" Memphis Wndshld, Memphis Lowers, TourMaster Zipper-Removable Bags, HDL Fender Tip, Chrome V-Radiator, Freeway Blasters, Turn Signal Beeper, Remote-Controlled LED Lighting, Backoff Module, X-Hinge, Garmin 2610 GPS

Thanks eddie,
    Have you heard or do you know anything about the suzuki model he got?

Thanks eddie,
    Have you heard or do you know anything about the suzuki model he got?
    I am pretty sure what you are talking about is the new name for the 1500cc Intruder LC.Don't let the cc's(or CI)throw you.The 1500 LC was a complete dog for power & handling compared to the 1300VTX.I had two of the LC's before the 1300's came out & spent a lot of time in 4th & sometimes 3rd to hold 75-80 when bucking a wind as well as wallowing like a pig in the corners.Anyone who wants a higher 5th gear in our 1300's should ride one of these to find out how much fun it is to have a bike that won't pull the hat off your head in certain(too often)conditions.
    03 Retro,Honda lightbar & windshield,Honda backrest & rack,Ultimate seat,Leatherlyke saddlebags,HK Kickers,MC Enterprise crashbar,hidden hitch

Default I ride with them all

I have ridden with everything from Harleys, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Yamahas, to most major models of the Honda such as old and new Gold Wings, VTX1800s, 750 and 1100 Magnas, Shadows, you name it.

The VTX 1300 is somewhere in the middle, not a racing bike, not a beauty queen, but offers some of the most desirable bike features.

As Dakota says, don't let the cc rating fool you. One of the fastest cruiser bikes out there now is the Magna 750cc. It will run with the best of them. Believe it or not, the VTX 1800 has to hump it to outrun one. 4 cylinders and 4 carbs make all the difference in performance. If they had a shaft, I'd be owning one today. 2003 was the last year they were made.

I'm happy with my almost stock 1300C and don't give much thought to speed, engine size or whatever.

While riding with other bikes, the VTX1300 keeps up with the pack and won't let you down. If my bike is ever too slow to keep up, I'll find other riding partners. The 1300's 110-115 mph is too much for me, unless on a flat straightaway without inlets.

Ride safely and enjoy YOUR bike. I certainly enjoy mine .
    When the chips are down . . . . . the buffalo is empty!!!

Default Re: cubic inches for the 1300

Quote Originally Posted by eddiecohen
    1300cc = 79.33 cu. in.
    Eddie, Did you figure that as 1300 or the actual size of 1312cc ? Rod

Black 04 1300C with too much stuff

1312 cubic centimeter = 80.0631519 cubic inch

http://www.onlineconversion.com/volume.htm
    09 Heritage Softail 5000 miles
    05 vtx1300r red 25.600 miles sold too many issues
    arctic cat 600 yamaha 340,440
    vt750cd sold to a friend still runs great
    Vf700 sold i miss it

Default Just so you know...

For What It's Worth Dept.:
    Here are the formulas:
    Converting metric to SAE
    Displacement in Cubic Centimeters X .0610 = cubic inch displacement Converting SAE to Metric
    Displacement in Cubic Inches X 16.387 = cubic centimeter displacement

04 1300s BLACK 26k VTXOA MEMBER 9655

thanks guys,
    My buddy called me last night and said he had just put a deposit down on the suzuki. He said they rolled it to the back to get it ready and he is going to take a check for the balance on Wednesday to pick it up. I've never owned a suzuki so I don't know much about them. Thanks for all the info. We don't ride that fast or anything I was just wondering how it compared to the 1300. I thought he was going to buy a 1300, but he obviously went with the suzuki.

thanks guys,
    My buddy called me last night and said he had just put a deposit down on the suzuki. He said they rolled it to the back to get it ready and he is going to take a check for the balance on Wednesday to pick it up. I've never owned a suzuki so I don't know much about them. Thanks for all the info. We don't ride that fast or anything I was just wondering how it compared to the 1300. I thought he was going to buy a 1300, but he obviously went with the suzuki.
    I wouldn't worry about keeping up with your buddy on a ride, I have a good friend who I like to ride with that has a Kawasaki 1600 classic(nice bike) he has the 3" Hard Krome pipes & I can run right with him with no problems.When we both get on it they sound very much alike. Rod

Black 04 1300C with too much stuff

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.