Honda VTX Forum banner

Expandable Braided Chrome Cable Covers/Sleeves

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jammerwalker 
#1 · (Edited)
Years ago, a member here or on the Cafe' site sent me a piece of an expandable braided chrome cover/sleeve that is very soft to the touch and lays flat, like it should come in a roll. I have been scouring the 'Net trying to find an exact match for it, and have come pretty close, but still haven't found an exact match. The one that is close to it is called TechFlex Flexo Chrome XC, but looking at the pics up close, it doesn't look exactly like the piece I have. I have the Barons chrome cable covers, but it is a harder material and seems like it might scratch whatever it comes in contact with.

Sooooo...if you've used these types of covers/sleeves, can you share the product info so I can try and find a match, please? I'm needing to find more and want this particular product because of its looks and softness (non-scratching).

TIA

#2 ·
Techno says it is made from Mylar. Mylar is a polyethelene, so plastic. I wouldnt think it had very abrasive qualities....Id call em.. 973-300-924. Id like to know what you find or end up with....

#5 ·
This is probably the one I'll go with if I have to move forward with something else. I should've written down the info on the piece I have when it was given to me. But...I'll call them and see if they can send me a piece of it to compare, or tell me where to find it locally here in Houston. Thanks!

Jason, I have not used this product, but this is what I found on a quick Google search. You may have already found the same thing.

https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving/chrome
Hey Tom,

Yes, both of those links are the TechFlex stuff. The second link is their regular chrome cover, but it is not tightly braided together as their XC (eXtra Coverage) product is.

#3 ·
Sooooo...if you've used these types of covers/sleeves, can you share the product info so I can try and find a match, please? I'm needing to find more and want this particular product because of its looks and softness (non-scratching).
TIA

Jason, I have not used this product, but this is what I found on a quick Google search. You may have already found the same thing.

https://www.wirecare.com/category/braided-sleeving/chrome

#6 ·
I got this, but haven't had a chance to install it, since I ride pretty much every day, and my weekends are usually busy doing ministry. It looks pretty good, though, and doesn't feel like it should scratch up any wires or hoses you're installing it over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.