Honda VTX Forum banner

Daytona --- Ride on the Beach?

588 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  TCB 
#1 ·
Ok... I'm not going to do this, :shock: but my buddy here in Brunswick said you can ride your scooter in the packed sand at Daytona. I thought the beaches were closed to motor traffic, he said they are open to ride.
What is the real deal on a riders right to ride (destroy :roll: ) his bike in the sand? :?
Mike

#2 ·
Your buddy is right. Just don't do it during high tide. I have been down there and have seen cars buried because they thought a little sand would be easy to get out of.

#4 ·
I have a friend that lives in a condo at Ormand Beach, just down from Daytona. He said they are still riding on the beach. It is a pretty big attraction. I have driven on the beach in a car. The sand is very packed down and more like a road than a beach. If you went slow, it probably would not harm your bike.

I was down there for Spring Break in the early 90's and actually saw a police chase on the beach. There was a Dodge Stealth that was obviously drunk as hell. The Stealth ended up in the ocean. It was quite a sight.

Daytona is a fun town.

EITS

#5 ·
Wet Bike

Just came thru Tuesday, March 1
Beach was closed.
Water all the way up to speed limit signs.
This may change.
Many told me last hurricane season pulled the beach out to sea.

I tried another spot...

#7 ·
Hey

I had all the beach riding I want driving down Kevin's driveway.
Hey Michael, I'm going to camp on the road so I can help pick up all the down'd bikes Saturday night. I hope one of them isn't me. :D

#9 ·
Re: Hey

XRATED said:
Hey Michael, I'm going to camp on the road so I can help pick up all the down'd bikes Saturday night. I hope one of them isn't me. :D
I know what you mean. The beach should be a piece of cake compared to Kevin's drive. I think he should sell Tee shirts "I survived Kevin's Drive" :lol:
Mike

#10 ·
Re: Hey

Michael said:
XRATED said:
I know what you mean. The beach should be a piece of cake compared to Kevin's drive. I think he should sell Tee shirts "I survived Kevin's Drive" :lol:
Mike

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hahahahahahahahaha Come On, It aint that Bad :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

But Hey, The Shirt Idea is Not a Bad Idea :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.