Barrons extreme handlebar / throttle sleeve question
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barrons extreme handlebar / throttle sleeve question

Default Barrons extreme handlebar / throttle sleeve question

I have the barrons extreme 1.5" handlebars.
    I have a space on the right side of the handlebars that is more than the left side. the space is about 3/8 difference.
    I have the kury grips for the valk (which are longer than the X kury grips)
    when I compare the throttle sleeve to the grip, the throttle sleeve is about 1/2 shorter than the kury grip.

I know it has been talked about drilling a small hole to move the kill switch housing to make the space on the xtreme bars less, but the throttle sleeve isnt going to move unless I cut the end of the handle bars to allow the throttle sleeve more room, which would change the bars and make one side shorter.

Are there longer throttle sleves that fit the X?
    or
    How can I fix this problem?
    VTXC 1800, XR Fairing, Darkside 205/60/16 goodyear trip tred, Kury Hypercharger, Vance and Hines Big Shots, PCIII, L@R Extreme 5" FWD Controlls, Mustang 3 Piece seat, Break Away, de-smog w block off plates, ground fix, K-Drive saddlebags,barrons xtreme handlebars

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

There should have been a spacer included in the grips to put inside the grip before sliding it over the throttle sleeve. If there was not one, make a spacer with any pipe(pvc, steel) that is 1 inch in diameter.

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

I am not concerned about making the grip fit the sleeve, I know about the spacer, thanks

I am trying to find a longer throttle sleeve to move the killswitch and throttle sleeve more towards the center (since they are tied together) of the barrons bars so the space on the barrons bars will appear equal on each side. I had thought of cutting the end off of the throttle sleeve, but the throttle sleeve would probally stick to the bars when I glue the grips on

I know others have had this problem, and I tried searching but couldn't find how the problem was solved
    VTXC 1800, XR Fairing, Darkside 205/60/16 goodyear trip tred, Kury Hypercharger, Vance and Hines Big Shots, PCIII, L@R Extreme 5" FWD Controlls, Mustang 3 Piece seat, Break Away, de-smog w block off plates, ground fix, K-Drive saddlebags,barrons xtreme handlebars

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

I got it now. I don't see why the Valk throttle sleeve wouldn't work. Same cable hook-ups, just longer.
    http://www.hondaonlineparts.com/showVie ... kyrie|2003

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.