Honda VTX Forum banner

paint warranty

1K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  TucsonVTXF 
#1 ·
I have to get my engine repainted by honda. the Paint on my 05 F spec3 is flaking off the block. (edited and you know why!!!) lol

#5 ·
I am getting from honda tech line that NO VTX HAS EVER Lost its paint off the engine and they will not warranty it. The bike is past the 45 day warranty on paint, the funny thing is one tech rep says they will fix it and another one says they wont :roll: looks like a fight is going to be on with Honda. I will post photos of the paint problem so I will have proof that I am the only VTX owner with bad paint I feel so great, maybee i should of bought that harley!!! there paint dosent fall off!!!

#6 ·
What is it with Honda not honoring their warranty? I'll be watching this one closely. If we have one other unrelated issue with Honda not honoring the warranty, we will have a disturbing trend that will need to be addressed for ASAP for the good of our brothers out there!

#8 ·
one tec line rep will fix it and another wont due to they only cover paint for 45 days, how do I know this??? it was taking a long time for one dealer to get information from tech line so I went to another dealer to get the ball going hence 2 diffrent storys

#11 ·
I am having some flaking too, but mine is a little over a year old. I have an extended dealer warranty but I am pretty sure they won't cover this issue. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

G
#12 ·
honda reps suck

when my spoke rims started to corrode they told me it was cause i didnt take care of them and then i said there are tons of people out there with the rim problem. and honda said that no one is taking care of there rims. i told honda to pound sand.
Maddog

#13 ·
Hey Maddog, when you told them to pound sand....did they replace your rims? Or what?

G
#14 ·
rims

no hteu didnt replace my rims and i even sent a letter to the president and thats when a rep called me and told me it was MY fault. And even when i was nice to them they said they would not. then i told them to get bent.

#16 ·
Warranty

I remember with I worked for new car dealers and talked to the factory reps.
They all pretty much said 1 thing- It is cheaper the fix the customer
problem than it is to go to court, 99% of the time the judge rules
in the customers favor.
I think its time for us bike owners to start taking the bike companys to court when they dont want to fix the problem when its under warranty.
I know lawers arent cheep, but after bike companys looses a number of cases things will change. It did for the car companys.
A few people I know have new HD and said HD is the worse on getting them to warranty there product.
But I see Honda is fixing the paint problem. Maybe Honda is starting to change.

Crazy40

#17 ·
Unbelievable, new cases over poor paint? I think you're the luckiest gent on the planet for I don't see Honda doing this many times before others become victim to the "Gold Wing" Syndrome in which several of the issues with the bike are classified by Honda as "Normal".

Good luck to you!! Who's doing the work, AZ or MH?

#19 ·
Small Claims Court

Warranty for motorcycle is for Manufacturer Defects for 1 yr. This is clearly a Factory defect. Your local Yamaha, Kawasaki, Harley and other dealers would love to ge :twisted: :twisted: t hold of a letter to post in their dealership stating Honda's position. Take them to small claims court. Painting the engine should be less than $1000.00.... Take your local Honda Dealership to court…. Let the court decide….. If everyone took the dealers to court Honda will fix the defect......... . Your flaking did not happen from abuse IMO......

#20 ·
TucsonVTXF said:
Honda has ordered new engine cases to replace my flaking cases, they should be here in about 3 weeks, they are real interested in getting my old ones to see what is going on with the paint!!
I would be real concerned with who was doing the work. Replacing the casings is the same as rebuilding the motor(without the machine work).
I don't think I would want one of those guys taking my brand new motor apart.
JMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.