Oil Capacity
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oil Capacity

Default Oil Capacity

I just bougth my VTX. At the time of purchase the dealer didn't have the owners manual. I'm getting ready to change the oil and I'm not sure how much oil it calls for. Can you guys help me out? I'm looking for an amount. For example I know that my crotch rocket takes 4 quarts exactly. Is the same for these type of bikes? Thanks for your help
    "Is not what you don't know that will hurt you, is what you don't know you don't know that does"
    -CaddManQ
    03 ZX6R
    05 VTX 1300R

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

3.9 qts

hth,
    Nate

I'm looking for a Corbin 1300 S Touring Pillion - PM Me!

Ask me about my RCChroming experience...

Supposed to hold 3.9-start at 3.5 & check until full as it can be a little hard to get ALL the old oil out.
    03 Retro,Honda lightbar & windshield,Honda backrest & rack,Ultimate seat,Leatherlyke saddlebags,HK Kickers,MC Enterprise crashbar,hidden hitch

Quote Originally Posted by NMead
    3.9 qts

hth,
    Nate
    3.9 Quarts if you're changing the oil filter...3.5 without!

Rickster
    '05 BLACK VTX1300C... all the fixin's...

Default Drain Plugs

If you dont have the owners manual I just wanted to tell you that there is 2 drain plugs. One at the front of the motor and one towards the back. There is also crush washers on the drain plugs, make sure you put them back on or replace them every 2 or 3 oil changes.
    2003 VTX 1300 S "GONE"
    2006 Yamaha Roadliner S

Thanks for the help guys....
    "Is not what you don't know that will hurt you, is what you don't know you don't know that does"
    -CaddManQ
    03 ZX6R
    05 VTX 1300R

Quote Originally Posted by RicksterVTX1300C
    Quote Originally Posted by NMead
    3.9 qts

hth,
    Nate
    3.9 Quarts if you're changing the oil filter...3.5 without!

Rickster
    Good catch!

I'm looking for a Corbin 1300 S Touring Pillion - PM Me!

Ask me about my RCChroming experience...

Did the dealer not have the owner's manual or did they just not know where it was?

My nephew had his 1300C for almost a month and did not know didly about his bike. I told him he needed to read his owners manual a little more often, and he said they did not give him one.

After I smacked him on the back of the head a couple of times, I pointed out that the owners manual and toolkit were under the left side cover in a compartment. I got it out for him, and he proceeded to smack himself on the head a couple more times..........

Wonder why they couldn't make it 4 quarts even to keep from having to measure so closely? One tenth doesnt seem like a big deal to compensate for in a 1300cc bike. Anyway, just wondered what honda was thinking?
    " F#ck with the bull, you get the horns "

2005 VTX 1300R. HK Sideburners, Rivco Solo Rack, Accent Strips, Chrome contoured laydown plate, Memphis Shades 19" shield, and hoping Santa brings more!

Default Re: Oil Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Taino3174
    I just bougth my VTX. At the time of purchase the dealer didn't have the owners manual. I'm getting ready to change the oil and I'm not sure how much oil it calls for. Can you guys help me out? I'm looking for an amount. For example I know that my crotch rocket takes 4 quarts exactly. Is the same for these type of bikes? Thanks for your help
    Just put 4 quarts in!
    The amount left in each quart will amount to 0.1 quart.
    http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w322/1BigV1/1629MVC-033S.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by housedad
    Did the dealer not have the owner's manual or did they just not know where it was?

My nephew had his 1300C for almost a month and did not know didly about his bike. I told him he needed to read his owners manual a little more often, and he said they did not give him one.

After I smacked him on the back of the head a couple of times, I pointed out that the owners manual and toolkit were under the left side cover in a compartment. I got it out for him, and he proceeded to smack himself on the head a couple more times..........
    Dealer said they didn't have one...I bought it 2 months ago and I just got back from deployment and they finally just now said they got new ones in so mine should be in the mail...we'll see...about your nephew...I feel for him..I know nothing about this bike..toolkit? compartment? that is all knews to me....I have not a clue where those are...up to know all I have ever known is crotchrockets...so if I ask stupid question on this forum..please bear with me...
    -CaddManQ
    03 ZX6R
    05 VTX 1300R

Does anyone have pictures of this compartment? I was just wondering exactly where it was and how to get to it.
    -CaddManQ
    03 ZX6R
    05 VTX 1300R

Quote Originally Posted by Taino3174
    Does anyone have pictures of this compartment? I was just wondering exactly where it was and how to get to it.
    Pull off the left painted side cover (it just pops off). Look inside and you will see a black compartment with a door with a key slot. Put your bike key in the slot and turn it. The compartment will open and inside you will find your tool kit and manual.
    http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w322/1BigV1/1629MVC-033S.jpg

My wife's manual said 3.7!!! Hmmmm. I had better check, again!
    '03 1800 VTX-R, Memphis Shades 21", Roadhouse Classic 2:1 pipes , World sissy bar and rack, Kury ISOs and M/S lowers, Tsukayu bags.. Titanium (the coolest AND fastest color).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.