I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...

Default I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...

A guy I work with told me to try it, WOW, they look amazing. In the ingredients, it shows 99.78% inert ingredients, and .11% ammonium chlorides, and .11% dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I dont know what this stuff is, but it shined my rims up real good, and with a fresh lemony sent too

2004 1800C - Tornado air - VTX Exhaust - PCIII USB, corbin seat, turn signals, cobra tach, Barnet clutch springs, progressive fork springs, Battleax 200 tire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mtn Man
    I use it in the shower...those scrubbing bubbles give a tingle all over my body.
    That may actually be that new vibrating loofa brush giving you that feeling

2003 VTX 1800C, Uranium with custom flames, V&H Big Shots, PCIII USB, K & N Filter with BCC X Flames Cutout Airbox Cover, Progressive 440's and fork springs, Cobra tach and a bunch of other bling - bling

Quote Originally Posted by monty

I have a shower massage too

[quote=Black Mtn Man]
    Quote Originally Posted by monty
    Quote Originally Posted by "Black Mtn Man":2uz50pnk

I have a shower massage too [/quote:2uz50pnk]

Oh the insanity of it all, will it never end

2003 VTX 1800C, Uranium with custom flames, V&H Big Shots, PCIII USB, K & N Filter with BCC X Flames Cutout Airbox Cover, Progressive 440's and fork springs, Cobra tach and a bunch of other bling - bling

Do you mix yours with KY, also? It works much better that way.

Eddie
    2004 Red 1300S, Clayton Mod, Ultim. LowRider w/ Driv & Pass Backrests, wishmasterg Riser, Cobra Eng Grd w/ Floorbrds, Pass. Floorbrds, Honda Dlx Sissy Bar&Dlx Luggage Rack, Lightbar, 19" Memphis Wndshld, Memphis Lowers, TourMaster Zipper-Removable Bags, HDL Fender Tip, Chrome V-Radiator, Freeway Blasters, Turn Signal Beeper, Remote-Controlled LED Lighting, Backoff Module, X-Hinge, Garmin 2610 GPS

Disclaimer:

I'm drinking margaritas, so overlook any lewd comments that I may make in the next few hours.

Eddie
    2004 Red 1300S, Clayton Mod, Ultim. LowRider w/ Driv & Pass Backrests, wishmasterg Riser, Cobra Eng Grd w/ Floorbrds, Pass. Floorbrds, Honda Dlx Sissy Bar&Dlx Luggage Rack, Lightbar, 19" Memphis Wndshld, Memphis Lowers, TourMaster Zipper-Removable Bags, HDL Fender Tip, Chrome V-Radiator, Freeway Blasters, Turn Signal Beeper, Remote-Controlled LED Lighting, Backoff Module, X-Hinge, Garmin 2610 GPS

Default Re: I used SCRUBBING BUBBLES bathroom cleaner on my rims...

Quote Originally Posted by cubcake1
    A guy I work with told me to try it, WOW, they look amazing. In the ingredients, it shows 99.78% inert ingredients, and .11% ammonium chlorides, and .11% dimethyl benzyl ammonium chlorides.

I dont know what this stuff is, but it shined my rims up real good, and with a fresh lemony sent too
    Sounds like a winner to me.Did you have to scrub it or just spray on rinse off.Only thing i'd be concerned about is leaving some residue on the aluminum that could tarnish or damage it.
    My 4th VTX.She's a screamer!

I just sprayed it on and wiped it right off. I just one side on the front and a spot on the back. Im going to do the whole thing tomarrow. It made it shine in a way I didnt think they were able to shine, considering its not polished. It got rid of the water spots and just left a clean shine. Very nice indeed.

2004 1800C - Tornado air - VTX Exhaust - PCIII USB, corbin seat, turn signals, cobra tach, Barnet clutch springs, progressive fork springs, Battleax 200 tire.

ammonium chlorides works in the short run but will damage the rims in the long run .. Any type of ammonia based product will cause damage to aluminium.. Only use petrolem based products when cleaning aluminium. Learned this quite a while ago on my trailer wheels.. At 650 a pop and with 10 of them on my tractor and trailer, it can be an expensive learning tool..

Ask any person that buff's or finishes aluminium out for a living.. There is a place in Florence SC that does aluminium, I think the name is prime-cut.. They cut and polish aluminium and stainless steel..

Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy
    ammonium chlorides works in the short run but will damage the rims in the long run .. Any type of ammonia based product will cause damage to aluminium.. Only use petrolem based products when cleaning aluminium. Learned this quite a while ago on my trailer wheels.. At 650 a pop and with 10 of them on my tractor and trailer, it can be an expensive learning tool..

Ask any person that buff's or finishes aluminium out for a living.. There is a place in Florence SC that does aluminium, I think the name is prime-cut.. They cut and polish aluminium and stainless steel..

Breezy
    Darn! I was looking so forward to the fresh, lemony scent!

Yup, it is an acid, and i would imagine long term use could cause some damage. Would be nice to find a cleaner that does as well that is not harmful in the long term, AND has a lemony fresh scent.

Use jewlers rouge, .. Brings out the rims real nice --- Wax on wax off young grasshopper ---

Then you could always hang one of those lemon scented pine tree thingies on the rim afterwards..

BTW, Jewelrs Rouge can be had at almost any truckstop..

Breezy

Found some online at a detailers website

http://www.topoftheline.com/jewrougbufwh.html
    "Photographers see more than others, not because they have better eyes, but because their eyes are always open."

Quote Originally Posted by wildabouthorses
    Found some online at a detailers website

http://www.topoftheline.com/jewrougbufwh.html
    Stuff I use is liquid.. Much easier to use than the bars and machine buffing.. I only machine buff if the stuff is real bad, but the liquid is good for light to moderate cleaning and buffing..

Yup, it is an acid, and i would imagine long term use could cause some damage. Would be nice to find a cleaner that does as well that is not harmful in the long term, AND has a lemony fresh scent.
    lemon pledge works great!
    03 Candy Red Retro DeSmog with plates, Tornado, Sideburner, Saddlebags, Tool Pouch, Honda Windsheild, Honda Lightbar, Resevoir Covers, Handlebar clamp clock, clear tail-lite

I am still going to use it on my rims. Im doing a test on a piece of aluminum and an old bicycle tire on a chrome rim. Im spraying them and not wiping it off to see how long it takes to see ill effects. The stuff gets sprayed in tubs and other bathroom fixtures and seems not to bother them. So Id have to say I woulndt tell others to use it cause I dont know what will happen long term, but my guess is nothing will happen.

Tubs and other bathroom fixtures aren't aluminum.
    2002 1800S Illusion Blue
    Jardine Drags, Hypercharger Pro, Honda windshield and lowers, Kury Iso-grips, Corbin Rumble seat, Cobra Fatty highway bar.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast
    Mothers and the powerball
    I guess you could win the powerball lottery and buy some chrome rims.
    2002 1800S Illusion Blue
    Jardine Drags, Hypercharger Pro, Honda windshield and lowers, Kury Iso-grips, Corbin Rumble seat, Cobra Fatty highway bar.

What would it do to the spoked rims?

tlyoungb
    "The road to hell is paved with DEMONcrats"
    "[Motorcycling] stimulates that primal part of our brain that's isolated when we just drive from place to place in our cars."

My buddy has spoked rims and it is what he uses. You can see the brake dust and dirt flow away. The stuff is amazing, again its not made for rims, and maybe for a reason, but Im using it. I will probably use it once a month or so durring the heavy cleaning.

What do you use to cover the rotors so you don't polish your brakes??
    '02 VTX 1800C

Pittsburgh, Pa. U.S. Navy Retired (22yos), 99 Valkyrie I/S (02 VTX1800 - Sold 2011) )

I think Scrubbing Bubbles was meant to be rinsed off. It works very well on quite a few household and garage items. But it is normally rinsed off with plain water, which should remove any of the acid I would think.

I never really detailed my cast wheels until this year, and I have an 02 1800 Retro. I spent a few hours and a few beers cleaning my wheels this year. I had some stains and used a green kitchen scrub pad and Soft Scrub to clean them up really good.... then I used a Brillo pad to smooth em up a bit, and finally I used White Diamond metal polish. The process made the wheels look better than new. BUT, I think that Scrubbing Bubbles a good fresh water rinse and then some White Diamond polish will do great too. The key is rinsing.....
    John

I am still going to use it on my rims. Im doing a test on a piece of aluminum and an old bicycle tire on a chrome rim. Im spraying them and not wiping it off to see how long it takes to see ill effects. The stuff gets sprayed in tubs and other bathroom fixtures and seems not to bother them. So Id have to say I woulndt tell others to use it cause I dont know what will happen long term, but my guess is nothing will happen.
    http://www.iboats.com/products/16/39234 ... olish.html

Designed to remove oxidation growth and stains and restore a lustrous appearance to bare aluminum. Use sparingly, a little bit goes a long way.

opinions vary ...

all blessings...

crew

2002 VTX 1800 Retro

R.I.P.J.M.J.

Do not throw sticks at the three legged dog.

It will think you are playing.

I still want to know how he got the bike in the tub ?????
    Stuship
    'Isabela' Red '04 C
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Quote Originally Posted by Stuship

I almost pisse*d myself on that one. I am laughing so hard I can hardly type.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuship
    I can hardly keep the dog in the tub for a bath, let alone the X.
    Jeff in PA VTXOA #245
    02 VTX C 1800, spent way too much on extras.

Ride like your life depends on it.

Default Cleaning the rims

Yeah, what he said....that new Mothers Powerball and the Mothers Billet Polish is da chit!! I still can't figure out how he got his X into the tub...my wife gets pissed if she even comes into the neighborhood!!!

Default aluminum wheels

Are the wheels on our "C" coated?
    '04 1300C Pearl Orange. Way too many mods.
    LOGICA DEFECTA STERCUS TAURI EXPLORANDUS EST.
    "When logic fails, try bulls*it."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.