Risers
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Risers

Default Risers

I am considering putting risers on my 05 retro. Anyone have them and could pass on some info I would appericate it. Also ordered the Mustang seats for it today,,hope this makes the ride a bit easier on the rear. Will this and the risers bring the handlebars closer to me so I can turn them down a bit,,,thanks for the help.
    05 1300 VTX Retro Candy Apple Red Cobra 17 " sissy bar , cobra luggage rack , cobra engine guard,,big bike windshield,,mustang studded wide seat,aeromach 4" risers, leatherlyke saddlebags w/studs

"its better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and confirm it"

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Hey Cajun Red
    You won't believe the difference risers make. I have 4" risers, the bring the
    bars back just right for me. I am 6' even. I also have a Ultimate seat,
    would not ride across town without it now. I rode 4600 mi. this summer,
    from Amarillo to Vancover & back. Half riding two up with wife. Came back
    through Calgary, Glacier, Yellowstone, great trip. I would not even think
    about it with stock bike.

I have Aeromach...great finish and they put the bars in just the right position for me...

2004 Reto 1300...I've never been on a bad motorcycle ride... I just enjoy some a little better than others.

Default cajun red

aeromach 4"and you'll really appreciate it. stock cables are fine, the throttle side is snug at full lock but no problems. don't know where you're at, but several x riders in the northshore area, give a holler if you're in the neighborhood
    Proud member of CVMA, '05 black retro n' stuff

KY, Cold Spring-think cincinnati/northern KY

I have Aeromach risers and Mustang seats. Love 'em both!

I have aeromach 4" risers and Mustang seat and could not rate them highly enough. Superb!!!

Shari

Default Re: Risers

Quote Originally Posted by cajun red
    I am considering putting risers on my 05 retro. Anyone have them and could pass on some info I would appericate it. Also ordered the Mustang seats for it today,,hope this makes the ride a bit easier on the rear. Will this and the risers bring the handlebars closer to me so I can turn them down a bit,,,thanks for the help.
    Save yourself some $$$ and get a set of used "C" risers from the classified board. You can usually pick up a set for around $40 to $50. They work great and look great as well.
    Heres a set on my Retro.
    http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w322/1BigV1/1629MVC-033S.jpg

risers work great. They remove some of the stress with long distance and tey look good to. I have 4" on my 1300r abd 6" on my 1800c. They have made a large difference.

In God we Trust

i put a mustang seat on my 1300s casue the stock seat is a piece of shiat....now the mustang seat sits you back just a touch more then stock...now i experience pain in arms and my hands go numb whereas before new seat they did not, due to my arms being stretched more , i will be getting a set of 4" risers soon as im sure this will releive my problem....something to think about is the new seat will set you at a different postion then stock
    05 1300s-kury hypercharger,iso grips,hiway pegs, V&H bigshots, cobra sissy bar and luggage rack, MS fats windhshield and lowers,aeromach 4" risers, mustang 3 pc. tourer, tourmaster saddlebags, desmog.

04 1800c v&h bigshots, dynojet pc, desmog

Thanks for the info everyone,,I will ordering the risers this week,,,saw some on sale on a site on here,,,both the 4" and 6 " risers. I am from the Lake Charles area spudwrench
    05 1300 VTX Retro Candy Apple Red Cobra 17 " sissy bar , cobra luggage rack , cobra engine guard,,big bike windshield,,mustang studded wide seat,aeromach 4" risers, leatherlyke saddlebags w/studs

"its better to be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and confirm it"

Default Risers

I am 6ft.2in. Due to the change in seated position with the mustang seat I found I needed to reposition the bars for comfort. The 4in. Aeromech risers work great,look great,and have excellent chrome. They were a quick and easy install. Only recomendation is that since you will have the bars off go for the Kuryakyn chrome triple tree cover as it really dresses out the front.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun red
    Thanks for the info everyone,,I will ordering the risers this week,,,saw some on sale on a site on here,,,both the 4" and 6 " risers. I am from the Lake Charles area spudwrench
    Keep in mind that if you go with the 6" risers, you will need to modify your cables as they will not be long enough. Going with the 4" you will NOT need to mod your cables.
    http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w322/1BigV1/1629MVC-033S.jpg

Default Re: Risers

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Jock
    I am 6ft.2in. Due to the change in seated position with the mustang seat I found I needed to reposition the bars for comfort. The 4in. Aeromech risers work great,look great,and have excellent chrome. They were a quick and easy install. Only recomendation is that since you will have the bars off go for the Kuryakyn chrome triple tree cover as it really dresses out the front.
    Great minds think alike I guess.... LOL

I just did this very thing tonight.....boy, that triple tree cover from KA is SHWEEEET! That thing just DRIPs in chrome!

Only problem I am having with it is that the nut covers dont fit the fork nuts...have to dremel them out I guess.....Kids and wife are asleep so I guess I gotta wait before I make all sorts of noise....

I got the Aeromach 4" risers....gorgeous pieces, although they have two seperate notes added into the instructions about the chrome, saying it is not guaranteed and that it should be cleaned after every ride, etc....kinda scares me a bit.......Havent ridden it yet with the risers, but I think they are gonna do the trick....same as others here, after the Mustang seat went in I felt hunched over the bars a bit.

Oh yeah, the throttle cables are pretty tight at full lock but I guess they will be OK....everything else fits fine, even the wire clips for the handlebars...just had to massage a little slack out out of them...

Shadango
    2005 1800R (Ol' Ruby)
    RIP: 2005 1300R (Ol' Silver)
    Courtesy and Tolerance.........Courtesy begets Tolerance and Tolerance begets Courtesy.
    AKA -- "Do Unto Others"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.