200+ HP VTX1800R
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 200+ HP VTX1800R

Default 200+ HP VTX1800R

I want 200+ Horse Power at the rear wheel!
    240 or larger SSS on the back, and some Custom Color!
    Who does this kind of work, and How much money am I looking at?
    Not to mention, how are they going to get the bike to do this work?
    This site (http://www.v2x.com/maxx121.htm) brings it to a 121.3 C.I.
    I am thinking of Blower or Turbo.
    I am currently in Iraq, and would like to have this on her when I get back to the states! I live in Houston, Texas.
    Hopefully I will be home May of this year!
    Keep The Shiny Side Up!!
    2002 VTX1800R (currently) Pearl Orange.
    Bought New 05/02. over 12500 Miles
    Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Memphis Shades 21" Fats Windshield, Modified Stock Exhaust.

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

You won't get 200 at the wheel. Doind all that stuff will likely run @ $15,000, no blowers or super chargers out for the X, and it likely would not be done by May. Asking way too much to be done in too little time. Private Message or e-mail this guy Tapper in Texas as he does work, just not sure how much of this he will do.
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/profile.php ... file&u=101

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

Default Re: 200+ HP VTX1800R

Quote Originally Posted by lwbear
    I am currently in Iraq, and would like to have this on her when I get back to the states! I live in Houston, Texas.
    God willing you'll be home in May safe and sound! My neice just rotated back in January.

Now for the power you're looking for... There is only one way to go and that is a one off turbo setup from http://www.velocityracing.com/core/turb ... tx1800.htm

You'll have to privately contact them to see if they'll build you one. If not, then you can build a naturally aspirated system like I'm doing that will get you part the way there. IF that isn't good enough then you can add some NOS but I suspect you'll not want to do that.

I live in the Austin area.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrotech
    Yep I was there recently when Dave fired up that methanol beast. My gawd that thing is a BEAST

In reality the setup requires extensive rework of the frame such that you'll loose the general look of the VTX. But it still is bad ass!

From the book "Maximum boost", which applies to turbocharged engines.
    If you boosted your VTX engine by 10psi and efficiencies for boost run from 0.052 to 0.077 you would be able to get anywhere from the following:
    Lower value 0.052x 110 x (10+ 14.7)= 141 bhp
    Higher value 0.077x110 x(10+14.7)= 209 bhp

It is my understanding you can boost the vtx 1800 engine to 10psi and not worry about anything internally. But then again I am not an expert.

Take a look at the new Kaw 1300 cc. 200 RWHP and only 380 lbs. They claim 17,600 rpm but it looks like it is more in the range of 16K+ but who's counting when it comes to four strokes? It will give Yamaha and Susuki a new target. I understand it will sell for around 14K.
    This document has been spell checked by my dog. Refer any problems to him because his owner just doses not give a sh1t. If you are neurotic about spelling I suggest you read other post and leave this one alone.

If you live in Houston I would contact Steve Kinzer at Mr. Turbo. www.mrturbo.com

Kit not currently available but I am sure he can come up with something. Also www.drturbo.com sales systems as well.

I do not know for sure but I have heard rumors that the X motor does not hold together well with boost, can't back that up, just what I have heard.
    03' 1800C, Black. Aeromach 6" Risers, Custom luggage rack/sissybar powder coated black(Sweeet), V&H Bigshots , Black Powdercoated Rims, Corbin Fairing, Ground Fix, Thunder Tornado (Black), PCIII (USB) Kury Grips & Levers, LaMonster Bullet End Caps, Show Chrome Resovoir Caps, Ultimate Bigboy, Complete Desmog, Kewlmetal Clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrage
    Take a look at the new Kaw 1300 cc. 200 RWHP and only 380 lbs. They claim 17,600 rpm but it looks like it is more in the range of 16K+ but who's counting when it comes to four strokes? It will give Yamaha and Susuki a new target. I understand it will sell for around 14K.
    RR, check this out try about 350 HP

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/zx11tubo.htm

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
    Shooting the messenger is always easier than dealing with an uncongenial message!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrage
    RR, that's the new Kawasaki ZX-14 1352 ccs. http://www.zx14ninja.com/

6 speed too.

I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts.
    Shooting the messenger is always easier than dealing with an uncongenial message!

Default Re: 200+ HP VTX1800R

go with a 240, it's been done a lot, so no shortage of resources to get it done quick.

go with a turbo (contact the recommended guy a few posts above). it's been done. houston is a big city, lots of resouces.

top it off with NOS.

finally, call me when it's done so I can come ride it!!!!!!!

e
    2003 VTX1800C

Quote Originally Posted by crazyredneck
    I do not know for sure but I have heard rumors that the X motor does not hold together well with boost, can't back that up, just what I have heard.
    And who did you hear that from? Read the last couple paragraphs of this:
    http://www.dragbike.com/dbnews/template ... 7&zoneid=9
    2002 1800S Illusion Blue
    Jardine Drags, Hypercharger Pro, Honda windshield and lowers, Kury Iso-grips, Corbin Rumble seat, Cobra Fatty highway bar.

I really appreciate everyone’s input on this subject. It seems to me the way for me to go, would be to first go with the Max X 121, 250 Rear wheel, Turbo kit, and then top her off with some fresh paint.
    I might just try to call and order all the stuff, have it sitting in the garage waiting for me to slap it all together when I get home. Only bad thing about that is, when I get home I will be riding immediately and everything will still be waiting to be put on!
    Not to mention I bought two ATV’s since I have been over here, and I will be riding those as well, I have got to make up for lost time!
    Keep The Shiny Side Up!!
    2002 VTX1800R (currently) Pearl Orange.
    Bought New 05/02. over 12500 Miles
    Kuryakyn Hypercharger, Memphis Shades 21" Fats Windshield, Modified Stock Exhaust.

I really appreciate everyone’s input on this subject. It seems to me the way for me to go, would be to first go with the Max X 121, 250 Rear wheel, Turbo kit, and then top her off with some fresh paint.
    I might just try to call and order all the stuff, have it sitting in the garage waiting for me to slap it all together when I get home. Only bad thing about that is, when I get home I will be riding immediately and everything will still be waiting to be put on!
    Not to mention I bought two ATV’s since I have been over here, and I will be riding those as well, I have got to make up for lost time!
    You may want to not buy the Max X 121 kit and instead go to a quality kit from Designed Performance which gives you 122.5 cu. in. or 2007cc along with 11:1 pistons and roller cams. http://www.designedperformance.com

Quote Originally Posted by txvtx
    You may want to not buy the Max X 121 kit and instead go to a quality kit from Designed Performance which gives you 122.5 cu. in. or 2007cc along with 11:1 pistons and roller cams. http://www.designedperformance.com
    I would suggest Design Performance as well. Furthermore, realise that the more major engine work you do, the less streetable the bike becomes. I am quite sure you could reach 200 HP, but at that point, it would stricktly be a track bike. BTW, check the forums at www.texasxriders.com , and join us for a Meet & Eat as soon as you get back. I'll buy your first round.
    Bikeless.

The turbo kits are generally meant for stock applications. You may want to do some reasearch on this.
    03' 1800C, Black. Aeromach 6" Risers, Custom luggage rack/sissybar powder coated black(Sweeet), V&H Bigshots , Black Powdercoated Rims, Corbin Fairing, Ground Fix, Thunder Tornado (Black), PCIII (USB) Kury Grips & Levers, LaMonster Bullet End Caps, Show Chrome Resovoir Caps, Ultimate Bigboy, Complete Desmog, Kewlmetal Clutch.

there is a turbo out , I have the first one on my bike for a year now with no problems. I keep it turned down to 7lb of boost for 140hp and 140 lb torque and have run as much as 12lb. nice clean set up. everything in tight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/ ... C00423.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v181/ ... C00426.jpg

Dr. Turbo has a kit but from the looks of it you loose the passenger pegs.

I read an article on the Velocity Racing bike where they had it cranked up to 25 PSI and about 275 HP. Said it was unmanagable on the track. I am sure the motor will not last long at that rate.

Quote Originally Posted by txvtx
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrotech
    Yep I was there recently when Dave fired up that methanol beast. My gawd that thing is a BEAST

In reality the setup requires extensive rework of the frame such that you'll loose the general look of the VTX. But it still is bad ass!
    I had no idea this palce exhisted. I live an hour from the shop! The next warm weekend that comes around...I'll be there!
    "Wounds Heal, Chicks Dig Scars, Glory Lasts FOREVER!"
    "God Bless the USA"

2003 1800 C
    The Kewl Metal 10-plate clutch is awesome!

Save your self a lot of problems your asking the 1800 to do more than it was designed to do ypu would constantly be tinkering with it as long as you own this bike with the mods besides when and if you sell all this is down the drain......So think about this keep your X the way it is and buy yourself a Boss hoss, they come stock with a v8 chey engine with up to 475 hp could probally find one used and be cheaper in the long run mods the X to less than half the HP......would not have to do a thing except hold on
    Midnite Rider

Default turbo

I will go with the turbo. never made any changes to the motor or had any problems. bike runs good and smooth with no lag and better gas milage. I can turn up the horspower by just turning 1 knob on the waste gate. the whole unit is bolt on and I can take it off and put it on a new bike in about a day. Most of the time I run 7lb for 135hp but wnen I really want to smoke some one I go to 12lb for over 160hp. As far as I know I have the only X on the street with a volicity racing turbo systems. If you want to see it come to Daytona or Sturgis this year

bob

I was told that the kit for the C will not fit on the R....
    Can any one confirm or explain the differences that would need to be done
    Lobo

I talked to Velocity the other day and they do NOT make a turbo kit for the VTX. They will install a turbo on your bike like the one Humeston has on his, but you have to take your bike to their facility and it takes about 30 days. Cost is $5995.

Default 1300

no turbo for the 1300 because it is not fuel injected
    bob

Humeston, what kind of mileage do you get on the road with the turbo. Books I've read say that turbos will slightly decrease your mpg's, but I would imagine it depends on driving habits also. I know with diesel engines, mileage goes up. What is that beast like to ride under 10-12 lbs of boost?

Default turbo

I never checked mpg but the light used to come on at about 90 miles now it comes on at about 110. at cruse (79mph) i still get vacume but if i go full twist it will go right to what i have it set at and if its at 12lb i sugest you lean forward and hold on tight.

bob

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.