FRONT FORKS 2003 VTX C
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FRONT FORKS 2003 VTX C

Default FRONT FORKS 2003 VTX C

WAS WONDERING IF ANY BODY HAVING TROUBLE WITH FRONT FORKS, ME AND A FREIND OF MINE HAVE 2003 VTX BOUGHT NEW LAST YEAR AND ONE OF THE FORKS ARE SHORYER THAN THE OTHER. I HEARD THIS WAS A PROBLEM WITH SOME 2003 C, BUT NO RECALL. MY FREIND HAD HIS REPLACED AND NEW TIRE AND HONDA PAID FOR IT NOW I HAVE TO TAKE MY VTX IN AND SEE IF HONDA IS GOING TO COVER IT. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK AND SEE IF ANYBODY ELSE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM OR KNOWS OF ANYONE HAVING IT?

2. Remove Advertisements
    VTXOA.com
    Advertisements

CORRECTION ONE FORK IS SHORTER THAN THE OTHER

I'm not the best in this field , but this I do know. Other than there actually being a manufactures error on one fork, this may be explainable by what i read in the manual, and also in one of the Fork mod Writeup. There is a threaded rod in the fork that has a nut. If you don't keep this nut in the same place, it will cause a problem. hope thats helps. If the dealer replaces it for you, Cool. Good luck. Stepper
    03C, G-Man Inserts,6* T's, Headlight Extended w/ mod,Hand polished TTT-speedo-fork lowers-wheels,custom mirors, Supreme Legends Forwards and Rears, Ope Mod, Chrome Dip, chome ring, Paint- Vagurple w/ Pearl, desmog, Mustangs, Kuryakyn lic plate w/ Chicken Lights, ground and diode Fix, Met200

Pope "papa" of the VTXOA Chicago-Spike's Avatar

It is NOT a problem. Once the forks are linked together with the wheel and the axle they operate a one solid unit. They are different legths when no wheel or axle is holding them because one fork is for extension, and one fork is for compression. So they work differently to counteract one another. So the compression fork will be longer. The uneveness will not cause uneven tire wear, will not cause the bike to track to one side. They are one solid suspension unit when the wheel is in place. This is from suspension experts Progressive Suspension.
    http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... solid+unit

DLP Sells Victory Too
    2002 VTX1800 C
    AMA Life Member 721314

I'll send thanX Mr. Spike. I was conserned for the man, but what you said is clearly correct. I have mine sitting on the Jack , and I don't see an obvious difference in the length.
    03C, G-Man Inserts,6* T's, Headlight Extended w/ mod,Hand polished TTT-speedo-fork lowers-wheels,custom mirors, Supreme Legends Forwards and Rears, Ope Mod, Chrome Dip, chome ring, Paint- Vagurple w/ Pearl, desmog, Mustangs, Kuryakyn lic plate w/ Chicken Lights, ground and diode Fix, Met200

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.