Honda VTX Forum banner

OK I'm confused

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  beachbumdrl 
#1 ·
I was thinking of getting quiet baffles for my 2009 1300R with VH big shots. I was reading some posts on the item page and a few people stated that big shots come with these quiet baffles in them, is this true? Before o pull the shields off and remove whatever is inside I would like some real input from the board. Thanks.:dontknow:

#3 ·
This does present some confusion. We know V&H sells quite baffles for the big shots. So, do the big shots come with quite baffles, loud baffles or no baffles? I can't believe the big shots come with no baffles. I can see why they sell quite baffles for just replacing worn out baffles. I've never heard of any V&H loud baffles for sale by V&H. Why call them quite baffles if they are the only baffle V&H makes? This is baffleing! :dontknow:

#4 ·
The "Regular" baffles are strait through ..... The quiet baffles are blocked on the engine side(also have fiberglass packing wrapped around them) ..... Mine DID NOT come with the quiet baffles as I added them later..... Deeper sound , not as loud at slow speeds & idle .... at WOT it sounds like a nascar ..... lol ..... But also quieter at cruise speeds ...... :mrgreen: Rod

#5 ·
The "Regular" baffles are strait through ..... The quiet baffles are blocked on the engine side(also have fiberglass packing wrapped around them) ..... Mine DID NOT come with the quiet baffles as I added them later..... Deeper sound , not as loud at slow speeds & idle .... at WOT it sounds like a nascar ..... lol ..... But also quieter at cruise speeds ...... :mrgreen: Rod
I was inclined to believe the "Regular" straight through baffles normally come with the V&H big shots as you explained. So... does V&H also sell the "Regular" straight through baffles as a separate item? (Some of us may like regular vs quite.)

#6 ·
I was inclined to believe the "Regular" straight through baffles normally come with the V&H big shots as you explained. So... does V&H also sell the "Regular" straight through baffles as a separate item? (Some of us may like regular vs quite.)

Actually I pulled off the packing after it was wore out & left it off ..... Still has the deeper tone. It would be easy to drill out the closed end to make them sound like the regular baffles ...... Rod

#7 ·
When I got VH Big Shots for my 1800 they came with their quiet baffles already installed. Nice low rumble, and definitely louder than stock - a LOT louder.

If they call these their "quiet" baffles I'd hate to hear their "not so quiet" baffles ...

#8 ·
If you want to know what kind of baffles you have, look up your tailpipe...the baffles are about 4 inches up. If you can see beyond that you have the standard baffles. As mentioned the quiet baffles are not very quiet, but do have a deeper tone.

#9 ·
If you want to know what kind of baffles you have, look up your tailpipe...the baffles are about 4 inches up. If you can see beyond that you have the standard baffles. As mentioned the quiet baffles are not very quiet, but do have a deeper tone.
The baffles do start about 4 inches up.
The closed end of the quiet baffles are at the motor end of the pipes so he would have to see past 12 to 15 inches to know if they are the standard or quiet baffles.

I have the quiet baffles and prefer them over the standard ones.

Hope this helps

#10 ·
Quite baffles here that I had to install (did not come with pipes which had the pass through baffles in them). I like the low rumble of the quiet ones over the stock baffles. Not really quieter...just lower note. Open the throttle up and you'll get plenty of volume out of them.

#11 ·
If you buy Bigshots for a R new, they come with quiet baffles. If you buy them for a C new, they come with standard baffles . Both are load and sound like crap. I have Thunder Monster's in mine. But I drilled a new hole and placed them about 11" from the end of the pipes. They sound BAD AZZ, and good performance. And not as loud as the crappy, loud ,quiet baffles. If any one is interisted I have a set of Standard's and Quiet baffles for sale cheap.

#12 ·
If you buy Bigshots for a R new, they come with quiet baffles. If you buy them for a C new, they come with standard baffles . Both are load and sound like crap. I have Thunder Monster's in mine. But I drilled a new hole and placed them about 11" from the end of the pipes. They sound BAD AZZ, and good performance. And not as loud as the crappy, loud ,quiet baffles. If any one is interisted I have a set of Standard's and Quiet baffles for sale cheap.
So are you saying the TM's Bad Azz sound is not as loud at the V&H quite baffles? More like stock with a deeper tone?

#14 ·
So are you saying the TM's Bad Azz sound is not as loud at the V&H quite baffles? More like stock with a deeper tone?
People tell my bike sounds like a big block Chevy w-headers. Not quiet mind you but not obnoxis loud , sounds good. However you got to get them baffles deep. If you put the set screw in the stock position the TM's are way loud. Remember the stock baffles are about a foot or so long, the TM's are only about four inches. PM me if you want all give my phone number, I'd rather talk than type.

#15 ·
Ok looked down my pipes today and saw all the way down so standard baffles is what I've got. I wonder why some say they come with quiet baffles??? Guess I have to try some.

#19 ·
The baffles do start about 4 inches up.
The closed end of the quiet baffles are at the motor end of the pipes so he would have to see past 12 to 15 inches to know if they are the standard or quiet baffles.

I have the quiet baffles and prefer them over the standard ones.

Hope this helps
It has been a while since I had my 1300 with the Big Shots...thank you for the correct info.

He could also stick a broom handle up the pipe to see if it goes all the way to the bend.

I now have Jardine drag pipes that had the straight through baffles; replaced them with the Thunder Monster QQ baffles...and the big block V-8 ound is about right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.