Honda VTX Forum banner

Manhole covers

2K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  pme5280 
#1 ·
#7 ·
A lot of dopers around here.
They're stealin the copper from outside ac units from churches, businesses, homes and such to sell for cash to buy pills.
You can't get much lower. nojoke
there was to kids stealing copper ground wires at a sub station next to my work. it didnt end well for them. one of them got fried.

#8 ·
there was to kids stealing copper ground wires at a sub station next to my work. it didnt end well for them. one of them got fried.
There were a couple of kids caught on surveillance video stealing the entire outside a/c units from people's homes down here in the Houston area. nojoke

#9 ·
And the chalk outline might indicate something more ominous
Yes the blood spot and chalk line do kinda indicate something ... but where is the yellow Police Line Tape to block off the area or cones ??? First look would lead you to believe something kinda serious happened... but all around there is normalcy .... so maybe not. Maybe it was a severe case of "Photo Shop".

#10 ·
Just tonight alone on the news there was a case of two guys stealin AC units from a school for the copper, and then two more were stealin aluminum downspouts off of churches. :dontknow:
And it's happenin more and more all the time.
Personally,I think a little OO buck would cure a lot of this......

#13 ·
I hate it when that happens! :joke::yikes:

#14 ·
Just tonight alone on the news there was a case of two guys stealin AC units from a school for the copper, and then two more were stealin aluminum downspouts off of churches. :dontknow:
And it's happenin more and more all the time.
Personally,I think a little OO buck would cure a lot of this......
Had 4 of our local city workers arrested last week for stealing recycled metals from construction sites. They made quite a bit of money from what I understand; thousands each. One guy had 24 years of service in - 1 yr from being eligible for early retirement.

#17 ·
The photo is in a foreign country, check out the license plate.
Could be real. They were not going fast, dropped in an smacked.
Red dot...
Two weeks ago someone stole 7 manhole covers on the storm drains in the neighborhood.
Most of the grates on the inside lane by the median on I-285 were stolen in the past two years.

#21 ·
I don’t know about stealing them but I have seen them not in place here where I live twice. Once a car had run over the hole and busted the car’s front tire. I seen the other one and called the city out to fix it before any one hit it. My understanding is the ring that the cover sits in can be broken which will let them pop out when hit on one side. After seeing these two around town I do my very best not to run over one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.