Honda VTX Forum banner

NC vtx riders sign in.

49K views 457 replies 202 participants last post by  TrekerJ 
#1 ·
Simon says sign in.Who the hell is simon and why should I listen to him.Never mind just sign in guys.See how many responses we get here.

Prime45 :beer3: :lol: :p

#403 ·
Welcome to the VTXOA from the southeast corner of NC.

A couple of nice looking bikes you guys have.

#406 ·
Hey, ic2m, I'm in your neck of the woods. Do you ever go to TPS in Garner or Raleigh?

Lots of good-looking bikes in this thread. You guys set a high bar! I'm already scoping for mods. ;-)

#407 ·
Hey, ic2m, I'm in your neck of the woods. Do you ever go to TPS in Garner or Raleigh?

Lots of good-looking bikes in this thread. You guys set a high bar! I'm already scoping for mods. ;-)
Hey I,m going to be in Garner this saterday for the bike show and ride there . Get some vtx riders together and show up . I,m doing my first bike show with my Fresh painted vtx 1800 n model i painted myself .

#408 ·
Hey I,m going to be in Garner this saterday for the bike show and ride there . Get some vtx riders together and show up . I,m doing my first bike show with my Fresh painted vtx 1800 n model i painted myself .
I can't make it this Saturday, but that sounds great! Good luck!

#411 ·
Looking for Honda riders and/or Club(s) in the Concord / Charlotte, Nc area.
Haven't heard of any Honda clubs in the area but haven't really looked. The wife and I usually meet up with friends from Huntersville.

#414 ·
No idea. I keep putting offers out there and get zero response.

Life happens.

Rode yesterday to Wilmington after getting a new tire from Garner.
Rain was insane last night....haven't seen that kind of sideways mess to ride in in a long time.:yikes:

Man those WWW are getting harder to find.

Anywho, new tread going on this week and will be set for another 2 years I hope.

#415 ·
Hey Guys!

I am still here, just haven't done much lately as far as motorcycles go.

Got the kids set up at their colleges, son is in Virginia and my daughter in SC.

So, at least I'll have an excuse to go ride and see them.
Been trying to sell the bike, but no reasonable offers have been given. Of course, everyone will buy it if I sell it for less than $5k. :yikes:

Will try to keep in touch better, been in panic mode since the spring and realized how expensive these next few years will be.

Not trying to piss anyone off, hope y'all don't think I've been a snob or anything!

Miss meeting up at Wizza's and talking smack. Will make an honest attempt to go to Prime's event next month.

#417 ·
I'm still kicking. Just got over a pretty sweet injury due to a race related crash. (3 broken ribs, partially collapsed lung..not to mention that lung was also full of blood with a dam air pocket), bruised hip and one hell of a medical bill. :yikes:

As most of you know, I don't ride a VTX any more, but I always get a huge smile when I see one on the road.

I'm always up for a ride.
Like Kev, I'll try and make Prime's bike show.

#420 ·
I am still here, when I get to head up ya'lls way I have a two hour ride just to get there. Same thing when I get to ride with the boys from South Carolina.

#421 ·
Interesting to see you guys talking about kids in college.

My daughter is a H.S. senior this year, and we have been wrestling with the college decision. As usual, she gravitates toward whatever is most expensive. Her favorite right now is Davidson, but that gets very expensive very quickly. Dear old dad here is pushing for state-supported colleges, like UNC. I don't plan to refinance my house to pay for an undergraduate degree. As you might imagine, this leads to lots of teen angst right now. On the bright side, her grades, scores, and activities are strong enough that she should get some decent scholarships. We'll see how it all plays out.

#422 ·
I'm still kicking. Just got over a pretty sweet injury due to a race related crash. (3 broken ribs, partially collapsed lung..not to mention that lung was also full of blood with a dam air pocket), bruised hip and one hell of a medical bill. :yikes:

As most of you know, I don't ride a VTX any more, but I always get a huge smile when I see one on the road.

I'm always up for a ride.
Like Kev, I'll try and make Prime's bike show.

Damn dude, glad you're healing ok! Let me know if there's anything you need.

#423 ·
Wish I could afford to even have a conversation about me helping pay for college. My daughters both knew from day one they had 1 of 3 choices, Good job, Scholarship, or a rich boyfriend slash fiance. My oldest just started Wake Tech for her core classes, which is smart. For one cost effective, two shes doing the core curriculum first which gives her a year or two to grow into more of an adult and get a better grip on what she really wants from college. Thankfully to she got a certain amount of Frugality from me and she very much watches what she spends and spends time debating on wether its a need or a want.

#424 ·
Getting a little old to be playing Evel Knievel, aren't ya Bruce?

Just kidding, glad you're ok and hope you heal up fast.

I think the college choices my kids made were the best for now, and with scholarships they earned it was almost as cheap as going to an in-state school.

Time will tell of course, but I'm happy they're studying something they love.

#425 ·
Wish I could afford to even have a conversation about me helping pay for college. My daughters both knew from day one they had 1 of 3 choices, Good job, Scholarship, or a rich boyfriend slash fiance. My oldest just started Wake Tech for her core classes, which is smart. For one cost effective, two shes doing the core curriculum first which gives her a year or two to grow into more of an adult and get a better grip on what she really wants from college. Thankfully to she got a certain amount of Frugality from me and she very much watches what she spends and spends time debating on wether its a need or a want.
My oldest just started at Wake Tech... he is doing the same thing.. gonna spend 2 years there and then hopefully transfer to NC state. I am also hoping it will give him some time to figure out what he really wants to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.