Honda VTX Forum banner

This story is just as bad.....

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  greatrep 
#1 ·
Since when has a human life become so meaningless??

By Associated Press
3:03 a.m. CDT, September 30, 2011

WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) — An Illinois motorist convicted of reckless homicide for painting her nails while she struck and killed a 56-year-old motorcyclist will get to spend the holidays with her family.

A Lake County judge on Thursday gave Lora Hunt of Morris permission to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at home. Hunt was convicted in the death of 56-year-old Anita Zaffke of Lake Zurich, who was stopped at a traffic signal when she was struck.

Hunt's request for early release was denied. She was sentenced to 1 1/2 years in jail for the May 2009 crash. She is allowed to leave a Waukegan jail during the day to go to work, attend church, receive counseling or perform community service.

Her sentence is scheduled to be completed in January.

See less See more
#4 ·
Is the judge that is allowing her to spend Christmas and Thanksgiving at home the same judge that handed down the original sentence of 1 1/2 years for reckless homicide? If so, they need to be removed from the bench. If it's a different judge, they BOTH need to removed from the bench! Not sure if this person or persons are elected or appointed but we the voters need to keep things like this in our minds come election time. :evil:

#5 ·
DON;T KNOW THE DETAILS , BUT the only real justice...

Since when has a human life become so meaningless??

By Associated Press
3:03 a.m. CDT, September 30, 2011

WAUKEGAN, Ill. (AP) — An Illinois motorist convicted of reckless homicide for painting her nails while she struck and killed a 56-year-old motorcyclist will get to spend the holidays with her family.

A Lake County judge on Thursday gave Lora Hunt of Morris permission to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas at home. Hunt was convicted in the death of 56-year-old Anita Zaffke of Lake Zurich, who was stopped at a traffic signal when she was struck.

Hunt's request for early release was denied. She was sentenced to 1 1/2 years in jail for the May 2009 crash. She is allowed to leave a Waukegan jail during the day to go to work, attend church, receive counseling or perform community service.

Her sentence is scheduled to be completed in January.
in america today is green justice...as in having enough of it to buy right connected lawyers to get you that get out of jail card. Happens all the time. Nothing just about it!!!
Blurbn:agree:

#6 ·
HHhmmmmm.................... I remember about 9 years ago when I lived in GA. I was in traffic court fighting a ticket and a girl was in their because she caused an accident going thru a red light and told the judge, I quote " I Was running late for school and didn't see the light change because I was playing snake on my phone":yikes:

Daddy was there with a lawyer, dad just put his head down, judge looked up and said what did you say? SHE REPEATED IT like it was nothing. The judge suspended her license for 3 years and $1,800 fine. She flipped. Told her daddy to do something, she has to get to school and work and go out with her friends.

Fortunately no one was seriously hurt in the accident.

#7 ·
I have ridden in the black nail ride a couple of times

Her son started a memorial ride the following year of her death. Its always a good cause. He has been insturmental in getting texting while driving illegal. Its not my place to judge but Karma is a B1tch.

Its called the black nail brigade ride in May. I am heading to Ft. myers FL for a new job so wont be there next year. But you folks may enjoy the ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.