Honda VTX Forum banner

Accent lights in VA???

975 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  EyesWideOpen 
#1 ·
Anybody know clear info about accent lights in VA?

Looks like no Red, Blue or White.

Other info on the net flips and flops about. Some links to the VA codes - but the codes are not specific, to motorcycle accent lights.

SOOOOO - VA'ers - who has some "REAL WORLD" feed back?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Best bet is check your state DMV/BMV site. In Maine, it's illegal to have any accent lighting running while operating on a public way. That said, I've heard some don't have problems running amber or green. . . When I had them installed, they only were on when I was at a bike night or out to dinner at a drive in, or or or, you get the idea.

Good luck.

#4 ·
Thanks Irishff18,

-BUT-

I had seen all of that earlier, and non of it gave any "clear" answers. The vendor pages just link to the state code page, and the state code page does not have any specific text about this kind of application.

Still looking for any REAL WORLD users in VA.
Thanks!

#6 ·
Thanks Irishff18,

-BUT-

I had seen all of that earlier, and non of it gave any "clear" answers. The vendor pages just link to the state code page, and the state code page does not have any specific text about this kind of application.

Still looking for any REAL WORLD users in VA.
Thanks!

I believe the reason for the lack of any specific information is laws were written that way to give law enforcement officers a lot of leeway in that they want to allow. Probably our best bet would be to contact your State Police vehicle inspection unit if they have one or your County Sheriff's office to get their spin on the law. Good Luck in Virginia! ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.