Bought a beater 2007 1800 VTX F2 - Page 2 - VTXOA
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

I can get some pics in the next few days and try to figure out how to post them. I am looking for headlight assembly, handlebars, left side fork tube covers, mirrors, some kind of windshield, luggage. I bought some Kuryakyn foot pegs and need adapters. There are more parts required that are dinged and scratched that I cant recall. The bike runs well, needs a major cleaning.
frnkcat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Was not a bad year for snowmobiling, but that is finished for the season. So here is my bike in all its glory. You can see what parts I need. I have a full set of like new Kuryakyn pegs, need adapters. I found a small bike repair shop the next town over so will get him to look it over and install fork seals and probably progressive springs. Normally I would do this myself but really I should have someone who knows about bikes look at it first for piece of mind. Left foot peg is mashed and different from the right. Gear shifter looks like it might be bent Triple tree and fork tubes are scratched. One rear shock is bashed, eventaully both will be replaced. I want correct handlebars, these ones are not only wrong, they are not pulled back enough for me. I stuck some cheapo mirrors on, but I think I would like shorter ones. The headlight bucket has no internal parts, the bulb is glued in place. Needs replaced I think, may be able to cut the bulb out and replace the parts. The exhaust is missing a tip and has no baffles. Not sure I will be able to enjoy this being that loud. Likely need new rear shocks, one is bashed anyway. Foot brake lever is bent. May be able to straighten. Coolant revy cover is messed. Eventually I will install some kind of fairing and windshield. It has a crappy paint/body job, I have a buddy in the paint bodyshop business but will wait to see if I fall in love with this bike after I get it road worthy. Looking forward to riding. Accepting offers of advice, parts for sale, parts to buy, where to buy parts or what else to look for. Happy biking all!! One of the toughest things for me so far is figuring out what parts fit an F2. I think there are some sites that say the parts do not fit an F2 but they probably actually do.

DrDolittle likes this.

Last edited by Dr.FeeLGooD; 04-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:25 PM

Garage
Welcome from SoCal San Diego.......where the sun shines & we ride 365 days/yr.

2005 Honda VTX 1800C1....5,700 miles;
1982 XJ750 Maxim, 18.5k miles, original owner

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Garage
As far as the exhaust, you can get "quiet" baffle inserts for the Big Shots. They aren't really truly quiet but they do help with some of of the "tinny" sound. Don't expect a big change in the loudness, though.

Also, if you're missing the tip, you can't buy just one, you have to buy the pair for big bucks. The cheapest I found is $99/pair.
I am missing 1 exhaust tip as well (recently lost it ... and then found it later - but banged up pretty badly) so I'd like to buy one too. If you are interested in buying a pair and splitting it, lemme know.

VTX 1800C
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Sure, lets do it. I'll pm you.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Garage
Poor , Poor "F"..

may she find some love with this new owner...

had mine since New... 86,000 miles. of love.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 86,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Ya its a beater. But it shows about 17000 k (11000 miles)and runs well. Other than the unadjustable headlight everything works. I am right on the edge of fixing it up or selling it and buy a nicer one. About the same price. But it wont take much to make it ride and then I will know if this is what I really want. Its been fun for the few short rides last year.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 02:39 AM

Garage
welcome to the group from saint cloud,fl.... ride safe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page