She is being difficult in the cold mornings - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 05:27 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Consider a SCAR MOD

I've owned no less than 13 street bikes over my lifetime and honestly when I first purchased my VTX 1300 it was the first bike I experienced frustration with concerning how 'cold blooded' it is, and I live in Sunny Southern California. I don't want my bike to even 'hiccup' a little, so after some reading of the forums here on solutions I did the SCAR mod and it made a HUGE difference in how fast the bike warms up even on frosty fog breath mornings (yes, we get them here).

There used to be a step-by-step with photos on how to do the mod (looked but couldn't find it) but I'll put in the YouTube video to get you started and maybe some other member can guide you to the step-by-step. Essentially the SCAR mod involves pulling out a main needle in your carb and modifying it so it sits higher in the Carb throat allowing more gas flow at the lower RPMs. I personally found that my bike not only warmed up much faster, (usually without the need for the enrichment knob) but the throttle response was better hot or cold in the lower revs. Get a can of SEAFOAM and follow the directions as the additive helps if you just have a little bad gas in your tank/carb. Do a Google search for VTXOA SCAR MOD and read what comes up for more details about it.

Good luck

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page