Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally - VTXOA
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally

https://www.facebook.com/hellscanyon...type=3&theater

I copied this post for those that don't have a Facebook account...

Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally

July 12-16, 2018 marks the nineteenth and FINAL Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally. Why? I could go on about life and how it takes different turns or that I'm 68 years old and joints aren't what they once were. While these things are true, the real reason is the time has come. Last fall I sold my last 3 motorcycles on the same day. Having owned dozens of mororcycles from my first, a 1970 Yamaha R-5, to the last a 2013 Yamaha Super Tenere, riding was always a much anticipated, joyful expeience filled with adventure, discovery and friendship. I had the pleasure of doing exactly this over hundreds of thousands of miles covering the western U.S. and Canada.

But I knew my riding days were numbered. I kept most of the bikes longer than I should have, thinking that things would change and I'd get out on them more this season. But the reality was the bikes were getting very few miles. Once I got this all settled in my mind it was easy. Don't dispair, it's not that bad. A month after the bike sale I factory ordered a Porsche Cayman 718. The Porsche arrived in late January and is well broken in now and ready to head to Baker for the rally.

Now I'm asking you to help me make this year the best Hells Canyon Motorcycle Rally ever. If you ever wanted go to the rally but couldn't, for whatever reason or have been before and wanted to return this is the year. The KickStart party this year is at the VFW Hall on Thursday July 12 and will a great celebration of everything 'Hells Canyon'. Please plan to be there and share with me and all the riders your experiences.

Thanks again for 19 wonderful years of adventure and discovery in Hells Canyon!

Steve Folkestad
Founder

PS: Don't forget to sign up. It's the last time I'll ask! www.hellscanyonrally.com/register
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hellscanyon2018.jpg (111.1 KB, 13 views)

03 VTX 1800 C ~ Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, Highway bar, Memphis shade Windshield, Viking hard bags, Honda Sissy bar, and Luggage rack..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 09:30 PM

I think Charlie D and I are going to go again.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-02-2018, 10:44 PM

Hmm, That's only a day's ride there for me. For you that have been there, what's it like? I might take the trike.

VTXOA 'Members Who Can Help' Map<<---ClicHere
PGR RC, 2010 GL 1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, DS#1146, 04VTX 1300C
AKA "Pooch" IBA#55800 SS1Kx3, SS2K,BB1500x2,BBGold, 50CC Certified

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I was there a couple of years ago...2016.. It was a pretty good turn out, somewhere around 2500 to 3000 bikes.. They shut down main street for vendors and bike parking.. Many surrounding businesses support bikers and offer discounts and special events. Had a great steak dinner at the Haines Steak House in the little town of Haines, about 10 miles out of Baker City...

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...iowCnoFCAAQqgE

They have 10 designated ride courses through out the area.. At the completion of each course you are awarded a pin.. We only rode 2 courses that year.. It rained off and on the whole time we were there..
I hope to make it back again this year, but if not I will for sure go ride those roads sometime.. It's a beautiful part of the state with a lot of twisty roads.. Here is the 2018 schedule...

http://hellscanyonmotorcyclerally.co...t-information/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3090.JPG (916.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3062.JPG (719.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3054.JPG (875.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3078.JPG (763.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3083.JPG (1.17 MB, 20 views)

03 VTX 1800 C ~ Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, Highway bar, Memphis shade Windshield, Viking hard bags, Honda Sissy bar, and Luggage rack..
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 12:14 AM

There is some good rides around there. Most of them I have been on before, well all of them. If it is hot, it gets realy hot down by the snake river, we got down there one time and we had to get out, it was about 110 down in the canyon. but, there is some nice riden around there, its something that you never get tired of.
Its about a days ride from Roseburg also.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 02:25 AM

Garage
NDAna, Stevo and Kill Switch will be there.
StarrRider likes this.

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, My LED, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. 4400 lumen H4 LED headlights available [email protected] "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 10:02 AM

Charlie D said hes not going.
I may be there. Not sure yet.
NDAna likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
An update to this thread.. This event will continue!
High Desert Harley Davidson is taking it over starting next year.
I hope you guys had a good time.. Weather was definitely better than when I was there 2 years ago..

My next and final multi-day trip this year.. Headed to the 'Big Nasty' early in September..

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:12 AM

Garage
May go somewhere on the coast next year. Don't need the heat.
And DAMN those trains. Good time otherwise. Fun all in all

Sam/NDAna #15542 IB#38401 '04 1800 C, My LED, Audiovox Cruise, 2xDarkSide & enough other stuff to keep me comfortable. 4400 lumen H4 LED headlights available [email protected] "Can you see me now?" For DarkSide info go here http://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAna View Post
May go somewhere on the coast next year. Don't need the heat.
And DAMN those trains. Good time otherwise. Fun all in all
Got a Yamaha super tenere 1200 I would love to hit those roads on.

05 1300S 6901 miles at start 114600 gave to a friend.
03 1800 R
dyno results 97.55 HP 110.22 torque
Yamaha tenere adv hot ride.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page