#4 plumbing and a valve job. - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

#4 plumbing and a valve job.

Not all of you know this guy but a lot do. David Allton from HDL was admitted to a local hospital 2 weeks ago today for a HEART ATTACK. 44 years old.

Tomorrow morning at 7am they are going to do a tripple possibly quadruple bipass and proceedures to repair/replace one heart valve. David helped to start this group 4 years ago but has moved up to a Wing.

Please keep him in your prayers. This $hi* has to stop. Nobody else gets sick or hurt. No one.

NOW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DRAGON SLAYER X-TRORDINARE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 PM

Sorry to hear about David. nice guy, hopefullly all will work out well.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 09:41 PM

Dave was always the guy I would go and see. I would ride over and buy parts and install them right there in the parking lot. If I needed a tool, he would always come up with what I needed.

Thoughts are with him.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Yep, David is the man. I would say which Hotel he's in but he ask me not to post it.

NOW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 AM

mike,

so sorry to hear about Dave. true that if you have joined in the last 18 months, you might not have heard of dave aka VTHexer.

Dave is a great guy and has been a huge supporter of VTXOA and of course a HUGE help at HDL.

i hope he flys thru everything well.

and i agree, NOW ALL OF YOU DOWN THERE.............KNOCK THIS CRAP OFF...........NO MORE "SCARES".
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

I just talked to Nikki, Dave's wife. Surgery is done but was much more extensive than planed. They had to do 6 countem 6 bypasses. It seems that Dave is an anomally. One of his totally blocked arteries somehow managed to bypass itself. 2 new veins grew around the blockage, and they had to bypass all of that.

They were able to repair the valve and he will be up and about soon. Out of the hospital 8-10 days. Then home for some time. The prognosys is good. He's still in recovery but is doing fine.

After I speak to him tomorrow if he permits I will post the hospital if anyone wishes to visit.

NOW
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 08:16 PM

On my first ride with the VTX family that welcome me to join them on a Sunday morning many months ago, I had the good fortune to meet Vthexer (DAVE). FatherX, VTHexer and I went down to Sneak Road and backfor a great introduction to this group activities. Hope he does well with his surgery and looking forward to take that ride I talk to him about not even two weeks ago when i bought the old vtx pipes from him and he told me about the new gold wing. He is one from the old guard and my prayers are with him and his family. Jorgex

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page